Author Topic: Hope I look this good at 50 years old  (Read 1045 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Hope I look this good at 50 years old
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2009, 09:25:22 PM »
Glad you posted the link tony thats beautiful Tony

Offline hamish_nz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 02:23:16 PM »
WOW WOW very nice

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 11:24:44 PM »
Restorations are never complete....gave this old girl a new look in the front - and at the same time did the same with Sunshine from 1958.

She just needs the coin reject rod installed that should arrive from PBR any day.

Got: front door taken off and stripped of paint and repainted original colour. New coin entrance plates, door surround, bolts for door and associated hardware, beehouse surround for plunger, both inner and outer spring, credit button and front door lock.

Lower door harware had been treated with anti rust and then treated and primmed and then repainted.

Actually very surprised on the results and how much they make the game really come alive.

Also all the legs were treated and resprayed red with new leg bolts installed.

All games will get this treatement with each restore now  ^^^ ^^^

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2009, 12:33:45 AM »

Top notch work there buddy  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline big dog

• Forum Posts:
  • Grafton
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2009, 07:08:34 AM »
Great to see your restore work Tony,what a sweet looking game.Great art and colour on playfield .I think your right we sould all have a wood rail ,they are the coolest looking bit of history you could get.please line me up for one,one day.The second thing I must ask is how well does it play,does your young bloke take to it (wood rail games).Once again thanks for posting your lovely restored game,it's a bloody winner mate.

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2009, 07:59:49 AM »
Great to see your restore work Tony,what a sweet looking game.Great art and colour on playfield .I think your right we sould all have a wood rail ,they are the coolest looking bit of history you could get.please line me up for one,one day.The second thing I must ask is how well does it play,does your young bloke take to it (wood rail games).Once again thanks for posting your lovely restored game,it's a bloody winner mate.

Thanks Cam,

No my kids don't care....well maybe when I'm dead and they get these games as part of their inheritance  :lol :lol :lol

What are they like to play? I love them but they aren't for everybody. Suppose they do play totally different to games post 1970.

The thing for me is their beauty and history - they are just stunning. This one looks near new now with the reproduction backglass.

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2009, 08:31:06 AM »
Great work there Tony .. front looks excellent now . I have recently pulled apart and cleaned the coin door and door surrounds etc on Lady Luck and was also surprised at the improvement it makes and will be doing the same to all my other games too. Mine, of course, are no match for your beautiful woodrails though.
Shame your kids can't appreciate your games .. my girls each have one favorite machine which they play very occasionally but ignore all the others.

Cheers
Dave
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2009, 08:32:43 AM »
Very nice Tony . Thanks for the posting the pics . Does the spaceship on the BG go around the Earth ???  Looks like it does .

I grew up in the late SS / early DMD era but I can definitely see the attraction to these older machines . Like you said they are not just a pinball - they are works of art .