Author Topic: Aust Post - No longer doing Western Union int money orders  (Read 1639 times)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Aust Post - No longer doing Western Union int money orders
« on: September 22, 2009, 11:58:46 AM »
Hi guys,

I went down to my local post office this morning to send off an IMO to PBR for some parts.  The staff at Aust Post told me that from 01-OCT-2009 Aust Post (all shops) are no longer doing the International Money Orders (Western Union).  This is going to make it difficult for payments to PBR...I guess the only alternative is the Auctionchex but I can't say I am a fan of that service..

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
 Just made a transaction to China via WUMT - did it online as service no longer available - also cheaper and easier than using a bank.

You have to create an account etc - then ring the free number at end to confirm payment - fee is $28

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Just made a transaction to China via WUMT - did it online as service no longer available - also cheaper and easier than using a bank.

You have to create an account etc - then ring the free number at end to confirm payment - fee is $28

The fee isn't too bad - I payed $8.?? something for the IMO + registered post.  My biggest concern is PBR as pretty much everything else is PP or Visa.  I don't recall seeing WUMT as an option for them (even though the IMO is WU as well).

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

This is a bit of a problem. I have an outstanding invoice to pay so I might go on a "fact finding" mission this week. Does not sound good.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne

This is a bit of a problem. I have an outstanding invoice to pay so I might go on a "fact finding" mission this week. Does not sound good.

They only had a few left at my local PO.  I've emailed PBR just to touch base with them to see what other options may be available to us.  I don't know what % of PBR's customers we make up but hopefully something can be sorted as their service and quality is too good to miss.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

That one include the HH plastics? Curious what the repros are like.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline humpalot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
I wish PBR would get with the times and have sensible payment options for their O/S customers.

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW

Have bought 2 sets of reproduction plastics sets from PBR and they were top shelf  ^^^

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Yes mate - They are exceptionally good.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
I've emailed Aust Post also to get firm confirmation and whether there will be a replacement service offered.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
Just been to my Post office and asked .. reply was that EMO will still be available.... staff there have not had any directive stating it will be withdrawn..

Will wait for your email from Aust Post as better confirmation

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
I've heard of Newsagents getting rid of WU money transfers (Not MO's) because of the low return compared to the time the staff spend with the customer (holding other transactions up).

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Got an international money order this morning from a post office in Adelaide and was told as well that from 1st October will not be able to get them from there anymore

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Got an international money order this morning from a post office in Adelaide and was told as well that from 1st October will not be able to get them from there anymore

Thanks Tony,

I'm still waiting on firm confirmation from Australia Post (I emailed their head office) just to be sure...

I emailed PBR and Steve YOUNG replied that they do accept Western Union transfers - but must be in his name not business and contain all the correct information.  This is actually not a bad option as it can be done online but as Retropin stated you get slugged with a $28 fee.

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
If PBR cant get with the times (electronic payments) maybe they should look at sum1 here being a stockist for them.