Author Topic: Nino's Big Container Day !  (Read 9558 times)

Offline shansta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...
Re: Nino's Big Container Day !
« Reply #105 on: December 07, 2009, 07:26:59 PM »
Sure, provided you can demonstrate it meets your funds investment strategy and you lock it away unplayed! Soon as you play a game you've breached the rules and suddenly your fund is no longer getting all those tax breaks if someone was to discover your transgression.

Ahhh, so buy 'em, then lock them behind glass... Torture...  @.@
Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...

Offline Mr Pubstuff

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
    • pubstuff
« Reply #106 on: December 25, 2009, 01:30:23 AM »

I remember this exact game in "Arthur's Hamburgers" in Broadway Reservoir. Used to play it all the time in the 70's / 80's.
[/quote]

for an old reservoir boy that my grandparents took me to eat out as a young fella in the 60's, this mention bought a tear to my eye. i cant remember the name of the pool hall in edwardes st that took many coins from us when space invaders was first released in the 70's, but just the mention of arthurs on the other side of the lines was a little trip back down memory lane, thank you :)

late note: i think it was johnnies pool hall, but i stand to be corrected as it was 30 years ago (god im old)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 01:56:28 AM by Mr Pubstuff »
Don't shoot me, im new here!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #107 on: December 25, 2009, 10:46:27 AM »

I remember this exact game in "Arthur's Hamburgers" in Broadway Reservoir. Used to play it all the time in the 70's / 80's.

for an old reservoir boy that my grandparents took me to eat out as a young fella in the 60's, this mention bought a tear to my eye. i cant remember the name of the pool hall in edwardes st that took many coins from us when space invaders was first released in the 70's, but just the mention of arthurs on the other side of the lines was a little trip back down memory lane, thank you :)

late note: i think it was johnnies pool hall, but i stand to be corrected as it was 30 years ago (god im old)
[/quote]

"Top Room" - opposite the Police Station. Had Snooker Tables, some vids and Bingos. I think Dad just operated the bingos, but he owned "Delfino's" which was just down the road. No Billiard Tables there from memory, just a wall of Bingos and Pinballs. Arthur had a very famous Hamburger in the Nothern Suburbs. Dad had Night Driver and an "Evel Knievel" type EM Arcade machine and a couple of pins as well !

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Mr Pubstuff

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
    • pubstuff
« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2009, 12:02:04 AM »
it was top room i reckon! we may have called it johnnies, but top room rings a bell for sure. it was a little down the street from the cop shop, prob a few doors up from byfield ave (?) and upstairs. arthurs had the best burgers (right thru our teen years when we ran amok on out treadlies) and my nan and pop took me their for a steak, eggs and chips quite afew times. i cant remember what they had, but i was always much impressed cos they let me have chips and eggs on the same plate but didnt serve up vegies or salad (which is just what a young bloke wanted) and i think they only had a few tables (to eat) also.

i cant remember delfinos to be honest, as the top room was where we went until the bowling alley opened on keon parade (which was only 3 streets from home) and then that was that. the memories of throwing all out money into a 4 wheel driving game that i cant remember the name of, as well as kiss and playboy pins, as well as gorgar is imprinted forever.

what a trip down memory lane and im so happy to have done a littl trip too! thank you!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 12:19:51 AM by Mr Pubstuff »
Don't shoot me, im new here!

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2009, 12:08:29 AM »
I love these memory lane stories sadly when i get older my stories are going to suck compared to you guys,.

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #110 on: December 27, 2009, 01:40:13 PM »
Memories are soo important to a healthy mind (the good ones)....whenever we go on Holidays with the kids I tell the misses we are off to create some memories..
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock