Author Topic: Remember 'This Is Spinal Tap'? - Did you enjoy it?  (Read 226 times)

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
Remember 'This Is Spinal Tap'? - Did you enjoy it?
« on: September 24, 2009, 09:40:06 PM »
For anybody that loves music I can highly recommend 'Anvil - the Story of Anvil'

You might think WTF and have never heard of this band but if you want true human inspiration find this movie and watch it. I had to import the DVD from England but would rank it as one of the best movies I have ever seen.

Don't know if it's the old headbanger in me - but these guys are just true to the 'one life, never give up' attitude.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 09:42:16 PM by illawarra_steelers »

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Remember 'This Is Spinal Tap'? - Did you enjoy it?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 09:49:30 PM »
Heard about this on the radio a few weeks back - would love to see it, thought it might have made the theater, obviously not??
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
Re: Remember 'This Is Spinal Tap'? - Did you enjoy it?
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 09:55:32 PM »
There’s humor in all this misfortune. But the more you watch, the more you empathize

The music, heard in economical proportions, is secondary to the unexpectedly deep bond between its creators. Their story is an underdog's triumph that's difficult to deny.

Affectionate but revealing...a deeply human piece that's hilarious one moment and touching the next.

An affectionate portrait rather than a sad, derisive takedown, Anvil! The Story of Anvil finds inspiration in the passion and tenacity these aging metalheads display

See Anvil! if you love heavy metal, because these guys are legends. See Anvil! if you don't love heavy metal because this story is legendary

An affectionate portrait rather than a sad, derisive takedown, Anvil! The Story of Anvil finds inspiration in the passion and tenacity these aging metalheads display

In the end, we get the delight of a portrait of some guys who never packed it in, and the endorsement of the indomitability of the human spirit.