Author Topic: Replacing Getaway Decals  (Read 183 times)

Offline infinite1977

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
  • Roger 504 apprehend him
Replacing Getaway Decals
« on: September 27, 2009, 10:01:42 PM »
Hi guys, some of you may be aware I have been toying around with the idea of getting my decals re done on my Getaway as they are quite faded (especially the side body ones).

Since a job of this magnitude is far beyond my talents and capabilities, does anyone know someone who is willing to do the job for a decent price. I am based in Melbourne.

I am able to source the decals from the U S unless someone knows where to get them here?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Replacing Getaway Decals
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 10:43:35 PM »
1. a professional up here in QLD, charges $600 to $800 cash, depending how bad machine is.PLUS the decals u buy ya self.

2. it is not that hard. i watched a mate do it.
i have listed very basic steps but a pro can fill in the blanks.

remove playfield from machine.
remove headbox from cabinet.remove all computer boards etc from head box.
if u use goo off or a simalar product, it helps to get decals off.usually a orbital sander is used til full cabinet n headbox is back to a raw wood look.important to get all old glue off cabinet where old decals were applied.
then a sealer is applied after bogging with wood putty any dings, deep scratches etc.
apply new decals.put it all back together.  $#$

FIND a experienced forum member who lives in your area who wants to help you.offer them the appropriate amount of cash and learn how to do it ya self for next time.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !