Author Topic: Rollerball's meet..sat 28th Nov...AP keyring entry fee.. RTBB comp  (Read 15921 times)

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
Thanks to RTBB (Greg) for the prizes for the comp...

Winners are grinners...Maybe next time Wotto..

3rd place...TONY

2nd place...Paul

1st place...Rod (With a fantasic score as well)
NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Must thank Rob tony paul and paul for a great night  really enjoyed putting faces to names real names were a challenge but user ids worked well.    Pizzas are as good as everyone has said and the JW was flowing i didnt win the pinball comp i didnt think it was fair a first timer winning it (Or im just s##t)
  Thanks again.

PS did i drop a camera there paul????  Sons going to be pissed ive lost the photos of me and the bridge........

Offline braddo

• Forum Posts:
Just got back from the meet. BIG thanks to Paul and Louise it was a great night. Good to meet you all, great bunch of people (i apologize for being half asleep tonight, i always am this time of year). Well done Rod on the win. A lot of fun to play the machines, and even more enjoyable to listen to people talk pinball. Looking forward to the next one ^^^

Daniel, i hope you find your camera mate.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 01:57:44 AM by braddo »
WTB (or possibly trade) - 1980 Stern ALI

Offline daics3522

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth, WA
Hope furby didnt hurt his thumb playing Fire........
1up Promotions provide all your promotional items... from keyrings to banners to stubby coolers etc, etc..... Anything you need just PM.... (website coming soon)

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
 !!! I couldnt be there, stuck at my missus's work xmas party (bored outa my skull). RB meets are great. How did the machines handle the heat?

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Looks like a lot of fun, hopefully more pics to follow.

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
Will have a look around for the Camera....will post it down to you if its here mate...
NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
Will have a look around for the Camera....will post it down to you if its here mate...

Found,

He left it here  :lol It's in the post Daniel - just sent  *%*

Once again a huge thanks so much to Paul and Louise for opening up their place to us....and their kids LAURA (got it right kid  :lol), Kelly and Harry  ^^^

Excellent turnup, food and of coarse the games.

Some first timers such as Cam (Big Dog) who came down from Coffs Harbour, Paul (KAZ), Brad (Braddo) and not to forget the Geelong Brothers, Dan and Marcus. Have to love their style....on the way we dropped into the bottle shop and out they come - Daniel with a DOZEN JW and Cokes and Marcus with a dissappointing 6 Bundy Rums

Lastly THANKYOU to Greg from RTTB for the wonderful donations of prizes http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/index.php

Offline SlickChick

• Forum Posts:
  • Wollongong
Rod and I had a fantastic time, as usual -- thanks for having us, Rollerball!  Loved the Christmas laser light show outside, too!   #*#

Had to share my little video clip of that great first ball Rod had in the Firepower finals ... damn, if I'd known it was going to be such a good one I would have been filming from the start. Still -- it's enjoyable.  Way to go Rod, and congrats to all three winners!  I knew I didn't have a chance in hell. LOL

Oh -- also really enjoyed playing Centipede with a trackball!!  Oh ... am I allowed to mention video games here? Ah well ... anyway, thanks again Paul and Louise! 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 11:33:50 AM by SlickChick »
Play Centipede without a track ball? Um -- it's Centipede! A joystick won't cut it, Rod, I NEED MY TRACKBALL!! :wtf:

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
Thanks yet again for Paul and Louise for hosting another fantastic night . Was good to catch up with some familiar faces and was great to catch up with some guys who travelled quite a way to be there (Daniel,Markus,Cam) as well as some new local Sydney boys (and girl - sorry Anna).

The line up had changed quite a bit even since the August meet so was good to play some new ones which I hadn't before . All of them held up remarkably well in the warm conditions .

Was good to catch up with Dave (furball) again and check out his war wound although he wouldn't even shake anybody's hand ..  %.%  (Get well soon big fella).

Pizza's were delicious as always and the comp was entertaining to say the least . Big thanks to Greg from RTBB for the prizes (although I didn't even come close to winning anything) . It's guys like this who make the hobby enjoyable .

Thanks again RB .
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 11:38:10 AM by CruiserMan »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Congrats Rod for winning First price for the best T-Shirt on the night (..and winning the pinball comp)

Congrats to Wotto for not playing the games - ensured they were all working !

Question - what were those big ugly things in between the pinballs that people were using as arm rests ?  !^! !^!
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
Yeah Rod was on Fire (no pun) and it was all over after the first ball.....Paul (Freeplay) put a bit of pressure on the last ball but came up short.

Well done Rod - his score was more than the other 3 players combined  :lol

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Thanks again Paul and Louise.

I HAD that pinball comp - but Paul cheated and I couldnt submit my excellent score  ^&(
Its a god-damn conspiracy I tell ya  :lol

Really good night , lot of fun talking pins and picking on Andrew ( Cardini ) as usual, nice to meet all the new attendees and congrats to those that travelled so far.....

This guy was hogging all the games but....

DW Drums rule !

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
Thumbs up to Paul and Louise for another top night of pinball and talking shit with a top bunch of guys and girls.  Good to see some more "Better halves" attending as well.  ^^^

Ah Firepower.  Was having a couple of warm up games with Mr Fairlane earlier in the night, and the machine was being a total bastard.  So I didn't rate myself a chance.

I think the best strategy on Firepower if you're playing for points in a comp is to avoid those retched stand ups early on, and shoot for the top lanes to multiply your bonus.

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
Paul and Louise, another great meet as usual. $#$
Enjoyed as usual, The company, the food and the pins.
Kev
pinballaustralia.com