Author Topic: Pinball in Geelong  (Read 508 times)

Offline Belac

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, VIC.
Pinball in Geelong
« on: October 01, 2009, 12:52:22 PM »
Hi Guys,

As I've been doing so much research lately trying to fix a Gottleib system 3, my addiction to these machines has somewhat increased! The machine has been out of action for around a month now, but we have a tech coming to look at it next week I think.

So in between research and tinkering, i've been looking for some machines to play around my area (Geelong).

I've found the following, but wondering if anyone knows of any others?

Timezone:
Stern Batman
Star Wars Episode 1

Waurn Ponds Hotel: (Used to have an Addams Family here for years)
Theatre of Magic (in the kids games room off the bistro - didn't go in there)

Geelong Bowling Lanes (Belmont. Played DE Star Wars and Doctor Who frequently here 15 years ago when I should have been at Geelong Tech up the road)
T2
Theatre of Magic

I don't mind the Batman, enjoy the T2 and love the TOM.

Anyone know of any others in the area?

Caleb.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Pinball in Geelong
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 03:14:28 PM »
I think there is a flintstones at the Chicken shop on thompsons rd  ^^^

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 08:04:36 PM »
Not too much around here unfortunately Caleb, leaves us having to buy a game if we want to play!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Online Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 08:42:27 PM »

However, there are plenty of "good folks" in Geelong with great collections !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 09:18:48 PM »
I think there is a flintstones at the Chicken shop on thompsons rd  ^^^

Last time I was in there for a game it was a RFM that was prob 6 months ago though

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 09:21:09 PM »

Waurn Ponds Hotel: (Used to have an Addams Family here for years)

Was the most flogged out TAF too  *)*

Speaking of flogged out pins there is a FT in the Great Western but not worth thinking about playing, only 1 flipper rubber left (and there is not much left of that either  @.@ )

Offline Maxprofits

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat, Victoria
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 09:34:09 AM »
You have a broken Gottlieb system 3? OMG, I didn't think you could break those things as they are built like a tank. The electronics on them are very reliable. Besides replacing dry electrolytic capactors, not much else seems to go wrong with them.
Hmmm Geeelllooong. Go the Cats!!!!!
Gunna be down there in early Nov to visit family so I am loving the tips on where to play in that great town.
The thicken plots.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 10:02:40 AM »
Go the Cats!!!!!

No games for you!!  ;)
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Belac

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, VIC.
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 11:21:41 AM »
Thanks guys, looks like i already found what was worth finding.. Might have to visit the Chicken shop though, and not get excited next time i go to the Great Western and see the FT from a distance.

Getting married early next year but have got the nod from the 'chief of finance' to purchase a pin once the wedding is sorted $#$

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 03:19:15 PM »
Thanks guys, looks like i already found what was worth finding.. Might have to visit the Chicken shop though, and not get excited next time i go to the Great Western and see the FT from a distance.

Getting married early next year but have got the nod from the 'chief of finance' to purchase a pin once the wedding is sorted $#$

HA HA Ha sounds like we all need to be bribed to get married lol

Offline Belac

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, VIC.
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 02:12:45 PM »
I was just in timezone on my lunch break.

They are down to 1 pin now, Stern Batman. Star Wars Episode 1 is gone.

The owner was wandering around so I asked him if he has plans to get more. He started off saying no, as it's just not worth it for him. If he has one machine, it gets ~60 plays a week, if he has three, they get maybe ~70 plays between them.

He only owns three pins now which he will rotate between locations, Stern Batman, Star Wars and Family Guy. Family Guy is at his other store in Knox, and he has just sited Star Wars at Avalon Airport.

He then said he is currently trying to get a Medieval Madness for the Geelong store, and if all goes to plan he should have it in 4 - 6 weeks!

I asked if he had any other machines for sale, but he said he recently got rid of them. Told me to check out a place in Melb called 'Child Amusements' as they are importing a lot of containers and just bought 'the remaining stock from the Williams factory'. A nice plug for Mark C!

He's also going to email me the details of his tech so I can get him to look at this SFII that is still not working.

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 02:21:25 PM »
He was going to get the MM in after the spiderman left, then after the FG left, still havent seen it @.@

Offline Belac

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, VIC.
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 02:15:32 PM »
The owner advised me a little while ago he wasn't getting a MM anymore, and was trying to find something else.

Just walked in and there is a very nice Monster Bash sitting there, no swipe card reader yet (meant to be installed tomorrow), but he chucked on a couple of credits for me to have some games.

I hadn't played one before but it seemed like a very fun pin, better re-load my powercard I think!

Pretty amazed that he would shell out for an "A list" title considering he told me they get very few plays, but i'm not complaining! It's in very nice shape too, very clean.

ON a side note Village Cinema's Geelong have a SWEP1 in there now, saw it as I was walking past but didn't have a good look.

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 02:41:29 PM »
Might have to clock up a few browny points and take my son to time zone  #@#

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 07:25:02 PM »
I'll be letting Nug know - he's never played MB and keen to try it out. A fun game (a little over-priced through the dealers though).