Author Topic: Future Spa opinions  (Read 215 times)

Offline braddo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Future Spa opinions
« on: October 04, 2009, 02:56:23 PM »
What do you guys think about Future Spa? I haven't played it since mid 80's, most of the time it was out of order also so i never had a decent go on it. I personally think the art is cool (don't laugh), brings back some great memories, and is another machine from my youth, so i'm thinking about it. What do you think?
WTB (or possibly trade) - 1980 Stern ALI

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
Re: Future Spa opinions
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 03:11:08 PM »
Go for it....loved playing that game while on location.

Keep an eye on the condition of the backglass - they have a tendancy to bubble.

Good luck and let us all know how you go.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 03:17:23 PM »

Owned and restored one years ago. As a fan of "in line" targets, I thought this would be an awesome game to play - but it is too slow for my liking. Unique for its FIVE pop bumpers, they send the ball all over the playfield. I'm not a fan of the artwork or theme either !

Not a "player's" pinball.

:2cents:
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 03:20:16 PM »
Wasn't a huge fan of the one I used to play on location.  Probably had more to do with the way it was set up and maintained.  I'd like to give a nice example another go though.

As for the art.  I like the playfield, (Dave Christensen) but the backglass (Paul Faris) is pretty bad.

Story goes that Christensen was doing the game until Faris (Then head of the art dept) kicked him off because he was taking to long to complete it.

Offline Pinfan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 04:10:32 PM »

I thought this would be an awesome game to play - but it is too slow for my liking. Unique for its FIVE pop bumpers, they send the ball all over the playfield. I'm not a fan of the artwork or theme either !

Not a "player's" pinball.

:2cents:

Bloody spot on Nino !
Some people have big HEADS !

Offline braddo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 05:23:23 PM »
Thanks everyone. Haha seems to be mixed opinions on this one, kind of expected that %.%. Yeah two different artists also. I still like the art <.>., to me, it describes the time of it's release. I get too caught up emotionally with art i guess !@). I read the game is a bit slow but they may be good just to kick back and relax with? I hate making decisions.

Anyone else with an opinion i'd love to hear from you.

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 05:37:31 PM »
I dont mind the game to be honest - in line drops are great and it has unique return lane features as well as wierd slings , gates to open and enough features 'relative of the time it was released'

The PF art is a little 'odd'  - kind-a-like an orgy waiting to happen, 4 chicks and one guy on the playfield and also a bit of 'action' on the left of the BG art too  :lol So all this nudie action and yet theres these 2 people in jumpsuits running away - whats with that  !@#

HATE the cabinet artwork.

Of course it will be slow, being a widebody - doesnt always mean its bad.
DW Drums rule !

Offline braddo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 11:34:57 PM »
Thanks for your input Wotto, and everyone else. Cool site this one. I'll do a bit more homework and see what happens from there.

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 11:44:37 PM »
Thanks everyone. Haha seems to be mixed opinions on this one, kind of expected that %.%. Yeah two different artists also. I still like the art <.>., to me, it describes the time of it's release. I get too caught up emotionally with art i guess !@). I read the game is a bit slow but they may be good just to kick back and relax with? I hate making decisions.

Anyone else with an opinion i'd love to hear from you.

Mate, if you have one lined up and the price is right for it's condition.  Give it a bash.  If you like playing it, take it home  ^^^

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 11:46:13 PM »