Author Topic: Funhouse noises  (Read 441 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Funhouse noises
« on: October 10, 2009, 06:02:11 PM »
Hey all

Most people wouldn't be bothered by this but I would like to sort it out.

After about 20 games on Funhouse the noise of the plastic gears that drive Rudy's jaw is quite noticeable.
Can you lightly grease these parts or similar  @@^
DW Drums rule !

Offline dj10555

• Forum Posts:
Re: Funhouse noises
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 09:11:14 PM »
Hi Wotto,
I there are different schools of thought on whether to lube parts or not. Bally did use grease on some of the gears of the toys from their games but not sure about Funhouse. If the game does not make sound for about 20 games then I would think it might be the motor and not the gears. I think the gear noise would be there all the time if the gear were not meshing properly. Probably no harm in trying! I use a Super lube synthetic teflon grease from www.pinrestore.com as this will not dry out and harden with age.

regards Derek

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 12:05:02 AM »
OK - thanks DJ

Maybe its time to clean my old ears and listen a little better as to where its coming from.

Cheers

DW Drums rule !

Offline FreePlay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lewisham, Sydney
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 01:32:33 AM »
Wotto,

I remember reading an article done by a clockmaker stating that its loose shafts in TZ clock that actually make it noisy & he suggests supergluing the shafts to the clock body to make it quiet. I haven't tried this myself so don't know for sure if its true but being a clockmaker he should know. It might be the same for the gears in Rudy