Author Topic: MEMORY LANE FROM BIKE CITY  (Read 800 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
MEMORY LANE FROM BIKE CITY
« on: October 11, 2009, 11:30:04 AM »
Well i hope none of you guys outbid me but check it out if you must
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180415909871&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

And its ok this one will go into my collection not mounted to the roof  %.%

Offline Rod71

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
Re: MEMORY LANE FROM BIKE CITY
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 12:47:37 PM »
Cool  ^^^

Although you might struggle to find a backglass for this.  hmmm

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 01:15:27 PM »
after world cup i know that if you wait patiently you can get anything and i have all the time in the world for this baby

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 01:50:23 PM »

Good luck with the auction Daniel !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 08:12:11 PM »
Gee this seller is suspect....he just sold this: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LINE-DRIVE-By-Williams-1972-Project-Pinball-Machine_W0QQitemZ180414651828QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_15?hash=item2a018d1db4&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

Was really keen until I looked carefully at the first photo - the backglass is SMASHED....any mention of this in the auction listing?

No....just this lame line: backglass/boards but in need of some TLC.....um yeah sure does...like a new backglass!

So speaking with a member here during the back end of last week he tells me he won this auction and payed for it...so I ask him if he knew the backglass was smashed....um no  @.@

Would NOT deal with the guy....EVER  ^.^

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 08:16:27 PM »
I think they sold the bowling game currently listed recently aswell if i get there and its shit ill just leave em there.   These guys can usually sell pins for massive amounts so these cheapies always make me wonder
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 08:49:25 PM by ddstoys »

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 08:20:49 PM »
I think they sold the bowling game currently listed recently aswell if i get there and its shit ill just leave em there.   These guys usually sell pins for massive amounts so these cheapies always make me wonder

That game actually didn't sell...I was watching it....

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 07:22:32 PM »
Totally agree Tony,i have held back about making a comment about this seller until now but if he is still spinning bullshit i will have my say now.A friend purchased a machine from this grub that was QUOTE,AS NEW ,MACHINE WORKING 100% what a load of crap.Machine arrived turned on played 1 ball thats all folks.A well known tech up here checked machine over,there are issues everywhere to keep it short a total of  5 stuffed coils,dodgey wiring,numerous blown globes,flipper issues and more but i think you get the picture by now.When contacted seller gives him the brush off but finally puts him onto his tech,what a joke could not give him an answer as to how it was sent in this condition.This same tech also advised him that the machine which was set on coin play could not be changed to free play.Our tech was disgusted in the condition of this machine and wanted to write out an invoice for all the repairs which the seller should have paid for.But the buyer did not want to go through with it as he would not even talk to him again.After the original conversation with the seller he never rang back to find out what was wrong with machine.I know my comments are full on but this guy was a first time buyer and he was screwed by this wanker.I am after another machine now and the titles i am interested in are hard to find,but i can tell you this if he had them I WOULD NOT GIVE HIM MY MONEY.

Offline Maxprofits

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat, Victoria
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 07:42:17 PM »
I got a DR Who of this seller a couple of years back. To keep it short, I will not be dealling with him again either. Besides the dodgy/misleading description, he is a pig of an excuse of a man to deal with and talk to.
My 2 cents worth.
The thicken plots.

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 08:11:35 PM »
wow

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 08:18:35 PM »
I have dealt with Rob from Bikecity Warehouse (the owner) and his tech (pinballjoe) and I have always found both men to be completely honest and full of integrity. I have never had a problem with either, so i was surprised to read these comments.

I wanted to purchase a pin from Mark C and he didnt have it at the time and Mark suggested I ring Rob from Bikecity and Mark advised me at that time-9 months ago, that he reccommended the guy no problems.To my knowledge, I have heard nothing different.

I believe, that if a purchaser has a problem with a seller, he should contact him directly and deal with it face to face or over the phone until a mutual outcome is worked out for both parties.
I do know, that Rob from Bikecity would be HORRIFIED to read these comments.
Hearing someone bag this guy is like hearing someone bag Mark C, its not good. It just doesnt sit right.
I am not saying someone hasnt had a problem with him, and I am not defending any action that may or may not have occurred, but these posts sound like I am on the OTHER forum.
I say ring Rob from Bikecity, I am sure he will work something out.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 08:24:31 PM »
I am glad guys are given the opportunity to share their experiences on this forum. It wouldnt matter who the trader was, if the issues cant be solved privately then letting others know seems reasonable and fair.

Offline big dog

• Forum Posts:
  • Grafton
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2009, 08:50:02 PM »
Well I'll see what he does about the broken backglass,it was a shock to me as the backglass and the playfield are the 2 main things on a em/pinball.I myself if selling would let it be known if these had a major fault,to me this is right.If I sold a car and the motor was broke I would say so.So give the man a chance,let him hear my side of the story,and I'm hoping he will look after me.I have delt with pinball joe before with the flyers and find him most helpfull.cheers guys I'm crossing my fingers

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2009, 08:51:43 PM »
Good luck Cam
                     Will be a great machine to add to the collection ^^^

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2009, 09:07:46 PM »
Is a good pitch and bat machine - i emailed seller right at start to verify some questions

1 i see broken BG and plastics - is there anything else missing apart from the bat which also appears not to be present.

My other concern was that the sound board ( is really a static sound for crowd noise) maybe missing.

I cant answer these questions - i never got a reply and so i didnt bid