Author Topic: wanted - Flippers & Shafts and bumper caps  (Read 473 times)

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
wanted - Flippers & Shafts and bumper caps
« on: November 26, 2008, 11:04:12 PM »
Hi all,
After 2 x 2inch flippers,shaft and screws(I snapped the srews off) - they are zipper flippers but i suspect their gottlieb flippers and shafts - the shafts are 2-1/4 inch long,also after 3 red 10points when lit bumper caps. (refer pictures) - i also have 3 AE-25-1000 coils that i could swap.
Millsy
pinballaustralia.com

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: wanted - Flippers & Shafts and bumper caps
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 11:43:55 PM »

I'll have a look through my spares for you. Tony (Illawarra Steelers) has plenty of the old spares lying around.. Hopefully he sees this thread !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 12:24:37 AM »
Yep - those screws snap off real easy. They are only there to hold the flipper onto the base - the base should "click" in - can you not get the screw out?

Ive just bought 90 off imperial screws for a 65 GTB machine - these might fit, ill check on some of my flippers for you - im pretty sure they are all generic.

If you purchase these from PBR, not only is 1 screw expensive ( well for a screw anyway) but they are slightly too long and you have to cut them down.

Let me check what i have, im damn sure that these screws are the same thread as those used to hold down relays, youll have to cut them down to fit, but thats not a real issue.

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 10:46:02 AM »
Thanks for your promt reply,
my machine has 2 odd flippers,the one pictured & the other seems to be solid metal (silver in colour)-the screw seems to screw into the shaft on the pictured flipper.
As PBR have all the parts including the bumper caps I may order from them but am a little confused with the payment method - only purchase from usa was from MARCO S.which was straight forward credit card payment.
Whats the easiest option you use to buy from PBR ?
Millsy
pinballaustralia.com

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 11:14:47 AM »
Thanks for your promt reply,
my machine has 2 odd flippers,the one pictured & the other seems to be solid metal (silver in colour)-the screw seems to screw into the shaft on the pictured flipper.
As PBR have all the parts including the bumper caps I may order from them but am a little confused with the payment method - only purchase from usa was from MARCO S.which was straight forward credit card payment.
Whats the easiest option you use to buy from PBR ?
Millsy

PBR are really easy to deal with once you get used to their process. I've ordered from them for 8 years and never lost a package..

The only "Warning" I can give you is that ordering is VERY easy if you have the part number. If you don't, it can be difficult. That's why I've bought or borrowed nearly every parts manual I can find...

What you need to do..

1 - Create an account with PBR - This can be done on your first order.
2 - You will receive an email with confirmation of the order and a quote
3 - For the first order only - You need to go to a Post Office and write up a Western Union Money Order. Post that to PBR
4 - Parts are sent
5 - For orders after your first - You just email him the order, he confirms, sends the order then when you receive the package - You send a Money Order.. It is VERY easy..

I've been doing it for YEARS - especially for Gottlieb "game specific" parts..

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 12:37:29 PM »
aaaah,

PBR dont have the all metal ones - these are rare, they only have repro plastic ones and they are not as nice plastic as the originals. original red ones have a marbelling through them, PBR ones dont.
To pay PBR, you can also use Auctionchex who access your paypal account and then send a cheque, but as Nino said, once the first account is set up, you are trusted and PBR send before payment is recieved. They are AWESOME to deal with - also email and ask for specific parts, not everything is on the website. Steve has a ton of stuff that would be impossible to list including original spinners, plastics etc

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 02:38:16 PM »
Kev,

Forgot to ask you when you were over - did you ever get the 2 x 2" flipper shafts you needed? I have some spares here...LMK