Author Topic: The pinball machine that aussiepinball.com saved - with music!  (Read 746 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
The pinball machine that aussiepinball.com saved - with music!
« on: October 14, 2009, 10:01:30 PM »
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
wow

Impressive work, and a lovely machine.

Offline 63wizz

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
    • My Pinball Collection
Top job Nick, Glad to see it is completed.

enjoy your new game.

Ian

PS (guess your looking for a new challenge now)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Great work Nick and i love the video ill be around very soon for a game or ten

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

WOW - That machine was in VERY POOR condition and has literally been brought back from the dead !

Plastics are yours Nick - Was I supposed to send them ? I thought you were coming over  !@#

I'll send ASAP if you like !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Great video Nick and congratulations with the restore

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
More a resurrection than a restoration... the HH that came back from the dead.

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
That is brilliant - superb effort from everyone here at AP who helped in this project.

Congrats on the job overall Nick.
Do you remember how to draw a line yet ?  :lol :lol
DW Drums rule !

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Nice vid Nick, so when is the big unveiling??  && 
Look forward to a few games  *%*

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Awesome restoration (in the true meaning of the word)!...Well done.

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
Well done on this restoration, I saw this machine at Marks and shit has it come a long way.  WELL DONE on restoring this awesome machine HH.  Another SAVED.

Loved the video as well... ^^^
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
wow

Impressive work, and a lovely machine.

Thanks Greg.

PS (guess your looking for a new challenge now)

Got my sights set on getting a pool installed for summer for the girls, so looks like pinball with take a back seat for the next two months.

Great work Nick and i love the video ill be around very soon for a game or ten

Man, with all the work you did on those parts and help, you can have as many games as you like!

WOW - That machine was in VERY POOR condition and has literally been brought back from the dead !

Plastics are yours Nick - Was I supposed to send them ? I thought you were coming over  !@#

I'll send ASAP if you like !

No rush Nino, I'm planning to try and make it up there - maybe this Saturday if you're around?

Great video Nick and congratulations with the restore

Thanks mate, and for your contribution to it.

More a resurrection than a restoration... the HH that came back from the dead.

Lol!! Classic!

That is brilliant - superb effort from everyone here at AP who helped in this project.

Congrats on the job overall Nick.
Do you remember how to draw a line yet ?  :lol :lol

Wouldn't have happened without your help Wotto, and all the others too.
And yes, thanks for helping me find that f*ckin' Photoshop line tool!

Nice vid Nick, so when is the big unveiling??  && 
Look forward to a few games  *%*

Definitely have the locals over soon - and your ramp (thanks Ian for the plan) works a treat.

Awesome restoration (in the true meaning of the word)!...Well done.

Thanks Marty - and for those pop bumper driver boards - got one going so far! Stole the ones out of BH for the HH, so they're gradually making their way back.

Well done on this restoration, I saw this machine at Marks and shit has it come a long way.  WELL DONE on restoring this awesome machine HH.  Another SAVED.

Loved the video as well... ^^^

Thanks Dean. When I first saw it I told Mark "Probably no, let me think about it." Truth was, I wanted a project for Winter as having a new practice I thought I would not be hugely busy over Winter. Turned out that things fired up pretty quickly, but there were a few quiet times here and there, so the resto was my time occupier.

Well guys, thanks again to AP - not just the guys who had bits and pieces or skills that contributed directly, but also to all of you - everyone who watched the resto, offered suggestions or criticism, or just read the threads - it kept me interested and keen to deliver the result. Truly, I almost gave up a few times but knew I had to deliver! The game is neat, plays very well, but is never going to be a collectors piece given the overlays etc. But it sure looks pretty, and I don't mind that it has a bit of Wotto in it!! ;) As I have mentioned before, the games I like the most are the ones that I had to do the most to get going - that means that this HH must be the love of my (pinball) life!

But what was more satisfying was the last few days. I dragged her into the house and the girls got to see it for the first time. I had the playfields against a wall, and they went over them finding the ghosts and other fun stuff. I put it together for the video and after took it apart to work on a few minor bugs. They have been at me ever since to want to play it, and just then as I put them to bed (I was just putting it all back together) they both made me promise to let them "have lots of games after school tomorrow", "We want to squash the ghosts with the ball" and "Its the best game because it has three places - upstairs, in the middle and downstairs".

Life's good.

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
"We want to squash the ghosts with the ball" and "Its the best game because it has three places - upstairs, in the middle and downstairs".

Cute  :lol

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Ahhh, now that makes it all worthwhile.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Looking good mate.
                I got the call this morning to say the new glass is ready to pick up so ill bring it over in the next few days  ^^^