Author Topic: My Collection So Far  (Read 4157 times)

Offline wingtipvortex

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: My Collection So Far
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2009, 08:30:52 AM »
Hey i just noticed that your translite has the guy masked.. I just won a POTO translite and it just has his ugly mug on it (unmasked). Why is yours different?
Ah, mine is an original backglass, screened on both sides to create a special effect in certain modes of the game.  His mask will dissapear revealing his darker side. Its also mirrored in places.  Its a really nice effect.  Apparently these backglasses are near impossible to find,  so im EXTRA careful when removing it.
Ill put a vid of what happens here soon, so you can see for yourself.

Id like a POTO translite to hang next to the pin, any chance you would sell yours &&

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2009, 02:34:03 PM »
Hey i just noticed that your translite has the guy masked.. I just won a POTO translite and it just has his ugly mug on it (unmasked). Why is yours different?
Ah, mine is an original backglass, screened on both sides to create a special effect in certain modes of the game.  His mask will dissapear revealing his darker side. Its also mirrored in places.  Its a really nice effect.  Apparently these backglasses are near impossible to find,  so im EXTRA careful when removing it.
Ill put a vid of what happens here soon, so you can see for yourself.

Id like a POTO translite to hang next to the pin, any chance you would sell yours &&

Now you've had your POTO for a while, would you be kind enough to give an opinion on the gameplay, audio, collector longevity &c? The artwork is absolutely superb IMHO - does the rest measure up?
I've had the game on the old wish list for ages. I have a framed translite (repro of course) up on the wall in my Addams Room as a sort of consolation prize in lieu of the real thing (not a sales pitch).
Thanks
Max
"I don't operate on a level playing field"

Offline wingtipvortex

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2009, 07:24:19 PM »
Maxwiz, POTO has a very shallow rule set, its really about making ramp shots and achiveing multiball to get the jackpot. But it is a fast game and not that easy.  The audio is a 9.5 out of 10 for me, and it compliments the artwork and general feel of the game. The lightshow is up there as well.

I find that i can totaly immerse myself in the dark atmosphere and dont really mind that the rules are a tad shallow.

Dont really know about collectability, approx 2750 made, so not that many compared to others. Its a pin i have wanted from day one, so i really enjoy owning it. As for it measuring up, unfortunatly i have to say no,  the rule set lets it down. POTO had the potential to be a supurb pinball machine, but alas, it just sounds and looks great.

Mind you, there are many others that play a lot worse out there.

Offline Pinfan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2009, 07:26:58 PM »
Totally agree with the shallow rule set and also agree with the awesome sound and artwork.

All typical of DE of this era.... IMHO ....
Some people have big HEADS !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2009, 07:49:57 PM »
Nice machine you have there-great to see the rarer titles coming up. Great to here I'm not the only one who sits there looking at my machines "I know get a life"
Peter

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2009, 09:48:35 PM »
Thanks for your candid opinion - in spite of the shallow rules, if the rest of the package is as good as you say, POTO will remain on my hit list. Just can't get over good machines with "sinister" themes. Dammit - now I'll have to start saving up again.
"I don't operate on a level playing field"

Offline wingtipvortex

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2009, 08:21:31 PM »
No problem,  i dont see them in Australia that often for sale, i think one sold at the Sydney meet and auction for a very reasonable price.
Anything under 2K in good condition and original BG is a decent buy.
If i remember correctly, Bigdaddy sold a fully restored one some time ago for $1800?(correct me if im wrong Alan) which im sure would have been minty fresh.

But yes, ill stand behind the audio and artwork for sure.

Offline KAZ

• Forum Posts:
  • Chippendale / Sydney
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2009, 12:51:44 PM »
I also have a collection of 1
& i live in a tiny 1 bedroom unit so getting another is going to be a problem.

KAZ

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2009, 04:59:01 PM »
Wow, ever since seeing this thread I've been curious about POTO. Would love to own one down the track, but can't see it happening at the moment unless an old lady has one in her attic that she needs to get rid of pronto. Ahhh pinball collecting...

Will you be posting any videos?

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2009, 05:13:19 PM »
Nice machine you have there-great to see the rarer titles coming up. Great to here I'm not the only one who sits there looking at my machines "I know get a life"
Peter

Nothing wrong with sitting there looking at your machines.......it's what you do at the same time that is disturbing Mr Gorgar.   !^!

POTO certainly is a special looking machine.  I tried to play a couple of games on the one at Expo but it had issues unfortunately. 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 05:15:41 PM by Pintoxicated »
Addicted to pins.

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2009, 09:57:41 PM »
Ahhh Blair, don't act like you don't take off your pants everytime you enter the pinnasium.

To keep things on track, we'll have to try and source a Phantom of the Opera for the upcoming Pinstock. If I can't own it, I'd at least like to play it.

And to quell any rumours (quell, it sounded like a real word when I typed it), there is no such thing as Pinstock, but it looked like fun in my mind. Pants off, screaming "MULTIBALL" and chuckling to myself.

Adam.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2009, 11:13:30 PM »
Peter

Nothing wrong with sitting there looking at your machines.......it's what you do at the same time that is disturbing Mr Gorgar.   !^!

POTO certainly is a special looking machine.  I tried to play a couple of games on the one at Expo but it had issues unfortunately. 

&& &&

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2009, 11:31:27 PM »
I saw a Phantom of the Opera at Kenny Priests Warehouse in QLD and the machine looked brand new.
The audio was great and the machine was excellent to play.

If you wanted to pick an upmarket looking pinball with beautiful rich colours, Phantom would be extremely hard to beat.
Beautiful Backglass/Translite. A stunning looking machine. Excellent gameplay too !

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2009, 08:00:37 AM »
Ahhh Blair, don't act like you don't take off your pants everytime you enter the pinnasium.

To keep things on track, we'll have to try and source a Phantom of the Opera for the upcoming Pinstock. If I can't own it, I'd at least like to play it.

And to quell any rumours (quell, it sounded like a real word when I typed it), there is no such thing as Pinstock, but it looked like fun in my mind. Pants off, screaming "MULTIBALL" and chuckling to myself.

Adam.

You're a worry........
Addicted to pins.

Offline wingtipvortex

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2009, 09:16:42 PM »

Will you be posting any videos?

Cheers!
Adam.
Heres the only vid ive done, its a bit....well,  crappy #@# Note...the last shot straight down the drain at super speed,  its a problem %.%