Author Topic: Swap sys 80a mpu for Bally 35 mpu  (Read 333 times)

Offline 63wizz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
    • My Pinball Collection
Swap sys 80a mpu for Bally 35 mpu
« on: October 15, 2009, 11:03:14 PM »
As the title says, I was wondering if anyone has a bally 17 or 35 mpu board they would like to swap for a Gottlieb sys 80a mpu.

the Gottlieb board is in very good condition, i dont know if it works or not as i dont have a machine to try it, it has no rom for a specific game,

I bought Rollerballs boards from his HH and it works out the mpu board was a sys80a not a sys80 so its no use to me.

I would like to swap it for a bally mpu that is non working now i have the taste for repairing them.the board does not require any of the socketed chips.

some pics of the sys80a board.

Ian
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 11:06:28 PM by 63wizz »

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Swap sys 80a mpu for Bally 35 mpu
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 01:07:52 AM »
Hey Ian, if you don't luck out with the Bally board, you can use a sys80A in sys80 games

http://www.pinrepair.com/sys80/index2.htm#u2

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline 63wizz

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
    • My Pinball Collection
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 07:52:23 AM »
Thanks Nick i have looked at that and been in contact with Ken (skyboue) about the changes and at this stage its not worth doing as the board is not required, but is an option if needed.

if no one is interested in a swap and i need a project i may look at converting it, or maybe i should buy a sys80a game to use it in !@#

Ian

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 08:31:10 AM »
Hey mate,

I think i might have one for a swap... i just need to check that i dont need it for another game - if not its yours!

Offline 63wizz

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
    • My Pinball Collection
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 09:28:42 AM »
Hey mate,

I think i might have one for a swap... i just need to check that i dont need it for another game - if not its yours!

Thanks for that Retropin, But ive just done a deal with Mick (Humpalot). But thanks for offering.

Ian

Offline 63wizz

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
    • My Pinball Collection
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 09:40:16 PM »
Thanks Mick (Humpalot) for the boards, a couple of nice project bally MPU's to get my teeth into ^^^

Ian