Author Topic: Ahoy hoy!  (Read 3325 times)

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
Ahoy hoy!
« on: October 18, 2009, 05:23:56 PM »
Hi all,
thought I better introduce myself as I've just placed a wanted ad in the trader section.

I'm Adam from Wagga and currently own three pinball machines, but of course, have more in my sights.

Currently own Gottlieb 1979 The Incredible Hulk, Freddy A Nightmare on Elm Street and Gottlieb Super Mario Bros. Have owned Hulk since around 1993 when I was in high school, but I think it only worked for about a year. Talby got it going for me again in the last month with the help of a Pascal Janin board from France. The other two machines were purchased this year (thanks again to Talby for supplying me with Freddy, what a great game).

On the lookout for a Simpsons Data East machine now. Was obsessed with that game when it first came out and I think it's time I owned my first pinball love. Next year I wouldn't mind getting a Terminator 2, but will see how the finances are...

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline SPURR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
Re: Ahoy hoy!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 05:45:29 PM »
 $.$ Adam

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 06:02:37 PM »
 $.$  Adam,   %)%

I did enjoy my D.E Simpsons.  Being a huge Simpsons fan it was great.

However with the possibility of the Stern Simpsons being available again I'd be saving for one of those NIB!...

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 06:14:47 PM »
 $.$%)% to the forum

^^^
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 06:31:44 PM »

$.$ Adam and  %)% to Aussie Pinball !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 06:46:54 PM »
G'day Adam, welcome to AP and good luck with finding The Simpsons.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 07:08:07 PM »
$.$  Adam,   %)%

However with the possibility of the Stern Simpsons being available again I'd be saving for one of those NIB!...

Ahhh yes, MartyJ. Your machine on ebay was what re-kindled my pinball flame. I still kick myself for not acting faster. On the other hand, I bought two fun machines since then.

I played the Stern Simpsons machine at Bumper last month and out of all the machines there, it was the only one of the modern pinball machines that left a lasting impression. If I had the dollars, I'd love to own a Stern Simpsons machine, but I'm a man of nostalgia and need to own a Simpsons D.E. I'm also a huge Simpsons fan, so it would go nicely with the memorabilia I've collected over the years.

Offline daics3522

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth, WA
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 07:19:03 PM »
 $.$ and  %)% to AP
1up Promotions provide all your promotional items... from keyrings to banners to stubby coolers etc, etc..... Anything you need just PM.... (website coming soon)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 07:23:17 PM »
$.$  Adam,   %)%

Ahhh yes, MartyJ. Your machine on ebay was what re-kindled my pinball flame. I still kick myself for not acting faster. On the other hand, I bought two fun machines since then.

I played the Stern Simpsons machine at Bumper last month and out of all the machines there, it was the only one of the modern pinball machines that left a lasting impression. If I had the dollars, I'd love to own a Stern Simpsons machine, but I'm a man of nostalgia and need to own a Simpsons D.E. I'm also a huge Simpsons fan, so it would go nicely with the memorabilia I've collected over the years.

Yeah, mine finished up going quite cheap! !!!   But thats the nature of the beast with eBay.  The new owner was a Simpsons nut so it went to a good home...

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 07:26:17 PM »
Thanks all for the kind welcome messages!

Offline JD

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
  • There's no law against having fun, just yet!
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 08:45:43 PM »
Hellow and welcome!    $.$

J.D.
There is no law against having fun just yet (but I am sure they are busy are drafting one!)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2009, 08:46:12 PM »
Welcome to ap and good luck with the hunt. 

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2009, 09:03:56 PM »
Let me add my welcome and best wishes with the hunt for a DE Simpsons.

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2009, 11:31:26 PM »
If I had a magical cash tree, I'd add a Dirty Harry to my list....along with a Terminator 2, Back to the Future, Star Wars (Data East) and Rocky & Bullwinkle to name several. I'm a tv and movie fan, so lean towards those kind of themes in the pinball machines.

I would probably take a Terminator 2 at the moment (there seems to be a lot around..or popping up on the horizon), but have just bought a house and told myself I should hold out for the machine I've really wanted. It's hard though....

Offline Replicas

• Forum Posts:
  • North West England
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 05:55:13 AM »
Hi Adam and welcome aboard to Aussie Pinball.