Author Topic: Has any one got $5.5K for a hakin STAR WARS?  (Read 491 times)

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 10:42:16 PM by Beaky »
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Has any one got $5.5K for a hakin STAR WARS?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 10:44:47 PM »
Looks nice. I wouldnt pay that much. Some of the other guys may know what it is worth.

If u want that pin real bad, well it might be worth it, but not to me. *.*

Still looks nice but, dont know about overall condition. Whats it worth guys ?
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 10:53:35 PM »

First of all -they are not "rare" here in Australia. I think there's at least THREE ESB machines on eBay per year.

For a nice example - $1500 - $3000 tops. $3000 would be strictly for a Star Wars fan.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 11:00:59 PM »
I think that the owners missus has said "just try and sell it, if no one buys it you can keep it"
which at the end of the action the owner replies to his missus "i tried sweet heart but no one wanted to buy it"
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 11:11:15 PM »
I bought mine not working for $1200 (nice cosmetically, but they all generally are coz no-one would play them), got it going, hated it, put it on ebay with $1.00 start and got $1900 odd for it - and I think the buyer paid a little too much. Great for a SW fan - really elicits memories of the films seeing them when they were originally released as the game is from that era, but a terrible playing game. But like all games, it's still a pinball machine and has some redeeming things (mostly the back glass).

Nino's pricing is spot on.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 10:35:32 PM »
I remember playing this pin when it was new at the Hankin store in Abbotsford (Victoria).
I would go there after school and play their display games.
I did enjoy playing the starwars video game (the one you sit in)

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 10:39:59 PM »
10/10 for looks in my books, so I would own it for looks alone. 5k definately if I was a rich bugger.

Offline Private Gimp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Mackay, Queensland
  • Fix'n and play'n Pinball
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 11:10:39 PM »
I recon the Hankin Star Wars pinball is a an absolutely beautiful looking machine. Looks even better in the dark or a dimmly lit room.
I have fixed and restored a few of these over the years.
I do appreciate the detail of the artwork very much. The ones that have crossed my path never had worn playfields and as said before, it is an absolute dog to play.

Not worth anywhere near $5K to an average pinballer. We'll spend that sort of dosh on a TOM/CV/TAF/TZ etc, not one of these.

Those who try and sell at this price are pitching to Star Wars theme collectors, not pinball people and the sellers are likely Star Wars theme collectors themselves.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 08:35:44 AM »
Those who try and sell at this price are pitching to Star Wars theme collectors, not pinball people and the sellers are likely Star Wars theme collectors themselves.

After I sold mine, I got an email from some guy in France who said he was a SW nut. He had the other three SW themed games and **had*** to have an ESB. I recall his email "I think you are my only hope to get one." So I emailed back tongue in cheek "Help me pinnies4me, you're my only hope!" He didn't seem to get it, so I started to wonder if he was a scammer!!

http://www.users.on.net/~spaners/myonlyhope.mp3

A mate of mine had one (brilliant electronically as he is an electronics engineer, and nice cosmetically for the aforementioned reason that nobody would play them). Frenchy stuffed me around for months - first he was going to organise shipping, then he wanted me to pack and ship blah blah - so I quoted him a price all up and told him to get me the funds and I'd do it - sure enough, never heard from him again.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline SPURR

• Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 02:45:01 PM »
I reckon 80% of the pins on eBay there asking toooo much !

Offline pistolpete78

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisneyland
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 02:50:58 PM »
There's another ESB on ebay now.

Offline braddo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 05:03:46 PM »
Sellers ask for big money for these cause it's SW's. I don't remember all of the pins i played as a kid in the early 80's, but i remember this one wasn't much of a game, which is saying something cause i was young and loved all pins. For looks its an absolute ripper, but i'd be looking for a SpaceInvaders pin instead of this one, even a Xenon.
WTB (or possibly trade) - 1980 Stern ALI