Author Topic: As Is Where Is - But How Exactly is That?  (Read 229 times)

Offline pistolpete78

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisneyland
As Is Where Is - But How Exactly is That?
« on: October 23, 2009, 11:21:48 PM »
Just read this description on ebay (US):

This auction is for a LOT of three (3) D. Gottlieb & Co. electromechanical pinball machines. Winning bidder receives all three machines as one lot.
The machines are Sing Along (1967), Sheriff (1971) and Flying Carpet (1972).
They are being sold AS-IS, WHERE-IS!
They have been in the shed for 5 years. They were working when placed in the shed. They have not been moved in 5 years. They will be moved when buyer comes to get them.
Games MUST BE PICKED UP AT MY LOCATION IN ODESSA, FLORIDA. Do not bid unless you are prepared to pick them up or have them picked up. I cannot provide any type of packing, crating, wrapping, banding, palleting or any other shipping preparation service of any kind. You must make 100% of the arrangements to safely transport these games. BUYER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL SHIPPING COSTS AND CHARGES. They are being sold AS-IS, WHERE-IS!
If you are NOT familiar with electromechanical machines, please DO NOT BID!
If you are expecting a brand new game in a box, please DO NOT BID!
All inquiries requesting additional photographs will be ignored. Questions regarding specific details (i.e. "How many flakes are missing from the backglass?" or "How many wear spots are on the playfield?") will also be ignored. If you have a broad general question regarding the machines, I can answer them.
Once again, they are being sold AS-IS, WHERE-IS!
Flying Carpet has no back door, it does have a perfect back glass.
Sheriff and Sing Along have back doors, no locks and back glasses have some flaking.

No problem with him confirming that its as is where is, but if he won't answer questions, how do you know exactly what that is !@#

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
Re: As Is Where Is - But How Exactly is That?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 11:24:40 PM »
Flying Carpet is a nice looking thing.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 12:18:49 AM »

Sounds like the seller wants you to assume all responsibility to the point of moving them out of his basement. By not answering all questions - the seller limits the bidders - so they could be cheap machines - having said that - he knows all about the Flying Carpet's backglass, but is "sketchy" on the other backglasses - as they have flaking - but the seller will not answer any questions regarding the extent of the flaking..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 01:49:13 AM »
so how many wear spots are on the playfield? &&
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)