Author Topic: Gottlieb Haunted House restoration (by Ian)  (Read 7444 times)

Offline 63wizz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
    • My Pinball Collection
Re: Gottlieb Haunted House restoration (by Ian)
« on: November 30, 2008, 08:47:21 AM »
The Decals

The lower PF had some wear under the pop bumper, there was a plastic non adhesive mylar under it
but i guess a build up of dirt under the mylar and the lack of cleaning made the play field wear.

I took a photo of this area when the PF was stripped and done some photoshopping and printed
a decal.

The lower PF installed

when i installed the play field after completion i switched on the machine and it blew the solenoid fuse
i thought whats going on,because the machine did not boot up when this happened.

anyway i replaced the fuse and left the PF up so i could see what was going on when i turn it on.
this time the machine booted and no fuses blew, I switched the HH off and layed the PF down and fired it up again.

everything is ok, so i layed the main PF down and popped in the ball, removed the rubber blocking the secret passage
and started playing a game, i grabbed the ball and dropped it down the secret passage to the LPF, everything was working
fine, even the up kicker worked ok.

then the ball went into the kicker hole on the LPF (lower play field) and would not kick out, well something had to go wrong
didnt it, but i traced this problem to a bad connection on the MPU board.

so at the moment the game is playable with only a credit display fault, im not worried about at the moment.

I hope you like pictures (i do).

« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 09:17:21 AM by 63wizz »