Author Topic: Tumbleweed/pinball photo shoot  (Read 241 times)

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
Tumbleweed/pinball photo shoot
« on: October 29, 2009, 07:53:03 PM »
For the old school rockers here some of you may remember the band Tumbleweed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tumbleweed_%28band%29
http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/news/local/news/general/taking-a-tumble-with-iconic-band-tumbleweed/1361682.aspx?storypage=0

They have reformed and are playing their first gig this Saturday night....I'm mates with the drummer Steve and the band has asked if they can have their next photo shoot in my gamesroom infront of all the games.

They will be getting a few front pages in some music mags (using these shots) coming out in Australia so will be cool to see how they come out.

Something different!  :D

Did they ever take any drugs?  #@#
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 07:57:13 PM by illawarra_steelers »

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Tumbleweed/pinball photo shoot
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 08:41:06 PM »
Did they ever take any drugs?  #@#

Nothing wrong with the odd asprin now and then.. ..  <.>
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline braddo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 09:16:22 PM »
Haha yeah i know them guys, i was playing in a band with Lenny for a while, my younger brother was in a band with Steve also. I was having a beer with bass player Jay about six months ago at Bally pub, I mentioned i was getting a pin, he said that 'meteor' was his favourite back in the day. I remember the Curly household having an old pin years ago, didn't know them then, so couldn't check it out. Never thought to ask what it was, always talking about music when i hung with them guys. I feel rude when asking about peoples history, so i'm not sure what was there. Next time i see one of the brothers, I'll hit them up.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 03:11:50 AM by braddo »
WTB (or possibly trade) - 1980 Stern ALI

Offline pistolpete78

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisneyland
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 10:23:54 PM »
Tumbleweed - I haven't listened to those guys for year, but the CD's may make a comeback in my list.

Can't wait to see the pics Tony.

How cool is that  ^^^

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 11:04:31 AM »
Bugger me hey........I was and still am a pretty big fan.  Used to go and check em out whenever we got the chance.  Good to see they are getting back together.  Still vividly (well maybe a little fuzzy) recall the first time I saw them at the Hopetoun, they blew me away, I still get entranced by 'Shakedown', would have been some good shit they were on when that was written.  One of my all time favourite live bands.  They supported some good bands along the way as well...Nirvana and Monster Magnet spring to mind...I think.

You are full of surprises Tony.  Good stuff.  If you can get your hands on any prints of the pics of the boys in your games room (signed or unsigned)....I would really really love one to hang up near my machines.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 11:36:55 AM by Pintoxicated »
Addicted to pins.

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 12:02:21 PM »
No worries Blair,

Will talk to Steve once it's been done and get something arranged for you!

Offline k00k

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 07:41:07 PM »
Cool, going to have to listen to some Tumbleweed tonight, still have a couple of their CD's. Looking forward to seeing the pics when you take them...  ^^^

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 08:08:07 PM »
Cool, going to have to listen to some Tumbleweed tonight, still have a couple of their CD's. Looking forward to seeing the pics when you take them...  ^^^

Oh I'm not taking them....they are getting a professional photographer to do them  *%*

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 09:18:54 PM »
You should take some photos of the photos being taken.   %.%

Must be pretty cool having your games room highlighted in photos and books here and there......makes it all worth while I reckon having your hard work recognised and admired.

Anything would be very cool Tony...thanks.

That wasn't a bad Tumblweed article in the Mercury either.
Addicted to pins.