Author Topic: NIB WMS Pins  (Read 605 times)

Offline markc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
Re: NIB WMS Pins
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 10:44:19 PM »

pinballs are meant to be played

simple  PLAY THEM ..  they are not investments , they are games  ENJOY them
sure you can make some coin on some  but enjoy them

i will keep a LOTRs  aside  but I CAN CONFIRM  i will play it
even the one I will give my dad will be set up and played , just like the 20 game shrek and black spidey he has
they might as well be still in the box for how much use they have had

mark

Offline bwodie

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2009, 09:17:57 AM »
personally Extraball, i am with you.
I reckon 99% of these so called Brand New In Box pins are a sham.
Great way to make great money in a sagging US economy, and theres a sucker born everyday.

It would take alot of persuasion for me to hand over double or tripple the amount i can pick up a local pin for.
Both my Star Trek Next Gens are minty, one cost me 3500 and the other 4 grand.
Why would i pay $11 grand USA (say $13,000 aussie),for only one pin, It doesnt make sense in my book.

To be honest, I think it goes alot deeper than that. Have you purchased nib before? Its an awesome feeling and there is certainly no minty pin that is anywhere as nice as a nib. the fact that nothing has ever been touched.. its really something else. Further to that, a huge attraction is the fact that most people have only dreamt of nib Williams\Bally, to pull a game out of the box that you love so much, that you have memories of playing, that nostalga value.. well thats kinda the ultimate if you ask me.
If I earned enough I would most certainly not feel like a sucker by buying one of these games, particularily if it was one of my favourite games. It all comes down to passion and bucks I guess.

Also, in regards to the batteries, who is really going to worry about having to pay $3-400 for a new cpu board in the scheme of things?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2009, 11:59:34 AM »
My point wasnt that new in box pins arent worth it, they are.
Theres nothing like a brand new car, pin or any new toy. Brand new is the best ofcourse.

My point was IF someone was trying to pass off a real good restore as a NIB,and the figures for those NIB WMS pins was almost double what u can buy a NIB pin from STERN. Just a comparison,the point being that if u forked out $13,000 for a NIB pin, and then found later it wasnt really a NIB, u would be unhappy.

I say hell yes to a NIB Stern Shrek or Batman or LE LOTR. Monies not a problem at my end, more the fact i have another half dozen well priced, slightly used machines i would like to pick up b4 i look at a NIB. In fact i plan on buying a NIB Shrek for my 8 yr old daughter when STERN does another run.

But NIB is fine.I agree with ya there for sure.  ^^^  ^^^

« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 12:20:57 PM by caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline bwodie

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 12:14:58 PM »
Now I understand what you meant, thanks for the clarification.
Saying that, a collector who is going to spend that sort of money on a nib is going to be able to spot a fake from miles away  @@*

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2009, 01:44:24 PM »
Would give my right nut for the Funhouse  :D

Offline Private Gimp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Mackay, Queensland
  • Fix'n and play'n Pinball
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2009, 04:11:39 PM »
They'll all go from a NIB to HUO eventually. Do you remember the guy that bought the NIB Black Knight a few years back.
I agree that a NIB purchase would be spectacular regardless of the title or age but these days I
would prefer spending my hard saved dollars for a NIB Stern.

Cliff  $#$

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2009, 07:18:16 PM »
I've had the NIB thing once - sure it was a nice feeling, but I wouldn't go as high as those prices when a really nice HUO or restored game could be had for so much less (and many restored games are actually better - better James Loffin ramps, Kerry Stair mechs etc). Still, such old games NIB would be fun to open!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”