Author Topic: Introduction: New Member  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Wedgehead3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • West Virginia, USA
    • West Virginia Pinball Players Club
Introduction: New Member
« on: November 21, 2009, 01:09:58 PM »
Hello to all you Aussie's...My Name is Larry and my username on this group is wedgehead3. I am from the USA. I live in the state of West Virginia. I have been invited to join your group by my good Aussie friend Tony, whom I met on another pinball group several years ago...We became instant friends and stay in touch via email on a fairly regular basis....On this group Tony goes by the username "Illawara Steelers". I was also was invited to join by Nino whose username is "strangeways". I only met Nino today thru my friend Tony...

I'm looking forward to getting to know all you folks as best I can and offer what little pinball knowledge I have. I'm sure I will learn far more than I can teach you...

My pinball collecting started back in 1991. At that time I wanted just ONE game for the basement. I'll bet a lot of you started out the same way, wanting just on pinball machine. We all know how well that turns out, don't we!! Ha!

My first purchase was a Williams Gorgar. I still own that machine and probably always will. Shortly thereafter I had the opportunity to buy a Gtb. Bronco. It looked pretty cool having TWO games siting side by side. In a month or so I came across a Gottlieb sample game, Hit The Deck (still own that one too). I bought the HTD and by then I was hopelessly addicted and afflicted with the pinball bug....Ive owned something north of 150 games since 1991. Right now I own 45 or 46 pins..I've lost count. I can set up 26 games at any one time. The rest are broken down and sitting on their ends in two separate rooms in my basement. My first loves are the 1950's Gottlieb woodrails and wedgeheads from the 60's and early 70's. I also own a few Williams EM's and several Bally EM's including a HUO Fireball that I will be picking up this coming Sunday (11/22/09). In addition to my pins I own a 1957 Wms. pitch and bat and a 1958 Bally All Star Bowler. Like most pinball collector's I own a few SS games from Williams and Bally...NO Gottlieb SS pins...As time passes or I find a more appropriate place on this group, I will provide a complete list of the games in my collection....If any of you subscribe to the PinGameJournal you can see a few pics of one room of my two room gameroom in this past June issue. I wrote an article about my 1957 Wms. Arrowhead that the editor published...That was my 15 minutes of fame! haha!

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to join your group and introduce myself to the members....I look forward to participating as I see opportunities to make a positive contribution....I may have more questions than answers...

Larry (wedgehead3)
wedgehead3

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: Introduction: New Member
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 01:14:30 PM »
Welcome, Larry - it is always fascinating to hear of larger collections, with some of us here scratching our heads wondering where you would fit them all!

Great to have you aboard and we look forward to many interesting contributions (and questions) from your good self.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 01:33:31 PM »
Welcome Larry
                       A friend of Tonys is a friend of mine.   So enjoy your time here i know you will.

Thats a great introduction and an impresive basement

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 01:53:02 PM »
Great Read Larry. Excellent Collection. Welcome aboard.  ^^^  ^^^  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 02:20:16 PM »
welcome

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 02:31:24 PM »
Welcome Larry.  Great intro, and i'm sure everyone will be looking forward to seeing your collection  ^^^

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 02:37:59 PM »
 $.$ and  %)% to the forum, looking forward to seeing some pics of your collection

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 02:51:25 PM »
 $.$%)% to the forum.

its good to see more people from over seas joining this great site. this site in my eyes is the best in aus and it is climbing up the ladder to becoming one of the best in the world.
or am i just dreaming?

any how hope to see your name on here on a regular basis.

regards, Beaky
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 02:52:23 PM »
 $.$ Larry and  %)% to Aussie Pinball

Great introduction. You will find many "like minded" pinheads on the forum that will be very interested in your collection and the history behind them
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 04:27:30 PM »
 %)%

Matthew

Offline SPURR

• Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2009, 06:30:20 PM »
Hi Larry  :D

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 03:42:26 AM »
Hi Larry
Are you the same Larry from www.wvpinball.com ?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 09:20:25 AM »
Welcome Larry, I'm looking forward to seeing some of that collection when you get a chance to post some pics.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2009, 01:49:29 PM »
Hi Larry
Are you the same Larry from www.wvpinball.com ?

Yep,

That's him! *%*

Offline Replicas

• Forum Posts:
  • North West England
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2009, 01:50:34 PM »
Great intro Larry,
Sounds like you have a great collection there 46 games wow. Look forward to seeing some pictures of your collection sometime. I myself am a outsider  from the mother land and was made very welcome by the members on this group, It's one of the best sites out there and plenty of knowledgeable people with great hints and tips.
Welcome to Aussie pinball and I hope you find it as helpfull as I did when I first joined.
Darren.