Author Topic: Ebay rules  (Read 1914 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: Ebay rules
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2009, 08:46:50 PM »
I agree, eBay rules!  #*#

Matthew

you wanker!
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2009, 10:11:43 PM »
Matt's not a wanker, and if he is I dont wanna know.
 :D

PAYPAL RULES
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 10:13:29 PM by Extra Ball »

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2009, 10:17:07 PM »
<font size+4>PayPus SUCKS big time </font>(or you are very sheltered and have not YET been ripped off by their complete shonkyness! - but if not don't fret, they will get you one day as that is their mission!)

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2009, 08:13:51 AM »
<font size+4>PayPus SUCKS big time </font>(or you are very sheltered and have not YET been ripped off by their complete shonkyness! - but if not don't fret, they will get you one day as that is their mission!)

just stiring ya mate, paypus sux!

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2009, 11:24:16 AM »

Matthew

you wanker!

Both eBay and Paypal have been very good to me, I'm sorry that you have been burnt by them but I don't agree with your stance on this subject. I will continue to use them because they suit my needs, if that makes me a wanker then so be it.

Matthew

Marty Machine

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2009, 01:04:34 PM »
I find it *very* interesting that MOST times when i buy something (local in Aus) and choose to pay via bank-deposit, the bank details NEVER appear...juts a corny sentence like "you have chosen to pay the seller via bank deposit"....

Looks like ebay is sneakily pushing people thru to paypal by default, but claiming a database problem when i question them on it.

ugly stuff....

Considering Ebay owns Paypal, and it costs a fee to list the item, and a fee when the item sells, plus a paypal fee deducted on payments received.....do you think they could dig any deeper into my f**kin' pocket ????
It's not worth selling anything for less than $20, you'll lose $5 with the triple-fee-dip......

I guess it's a little easier if your raking in big bux, if i make $2-3k in a week, then it doesn't hurt so hard to lose $100 in fees, but selling one-off and smaller items for say $70 and only receiving $50 is a bit harsh...

On another exciting note for Sellers, if you're selling things privately (off ebay) you can request the buyer send you paypal funds as a 'Gift' there's NO FEES attached to gift payments....
I just recieved around 70+ 'gift payments' these past 2 weeks and received my full dollar-for-dollar income...

MM.

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2009, 01:23:40 PM »

Matthew

you wanker!

Both eBay and Paypal have been very good to me, I'm sorry that you have been burnt by them but I don't agree with your stance on this subject. I will continue to use them because they suit my needs, if that makes me a wanker then so be it.

Matthew

I promise you will have a different opinion of PayPus WHEN (not IF - but WHEN) they get around to ripping you off!

They burn everyone sooner or later you have just been lucky that your turn has not come up - - - - - YET!

Why they are still allowed to operate in Australia is beyond me???

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2009, 07:54:24 PM »
One of the good experiences of ebay and paypal is when u purchase an item from the USA and the seller chooses the paypal insured/tracking link.
Some sellers choose to auto insure all the items they send and choose to buy the paypal postage at the paypal rate. yes, ofcourse it does cost about 10 - 15 % more for the seller, but the 15% of bugger all gets the seller (and buyer) auto insurance and auto-tracking.

It is most re-assuring to have a tracking number and watch the item coming via its various check in/check out points.
I had a bit of a study of the paypal site and paypal tools available to both buyers n sellers alike. There are ALOT of benefits.
Sure, they do jack u for a percentage, but i say, since they take full advantage of us, well, why the hell not, take full advantage of their tools. A good way to even up, so to speak.

I will be watching my Voyager Arcade Machine via the paypal link. I feel better that my thousands of dollars are being tracked. Paypal can be very good.
Study the USA and Aussie Paypal sites. I learnt a few things i didnt even know existed which are of benefit.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2009, 09:26:59 PM »
One of the good experiences of ebay and paypal is when u purchase an item from the USA and the seller chooses the paypal insured/tracking link.
Some sellers choose to auto insure all the items they send and choose to buy the paypal postage at the paypal rate. yes, ofcourse it does cost about 10 - 15 % more for the seller, but the 15% of bugger all gets the seller (and buyer) auto insurance and auto-tracking.

It is most re-assuring to have a tracking number and watch the item coming via its various check in/check out points.
I had a bit of a study of the paypal site and paypal tools available to both buyers n sellers alike. There are ALOT of benefits.
Sure, they do jack u for a percentage, but i say, since they take full advantage of us, well, why the hell not, take full advantage of their tools. A good way to even up, so to speak.

I will be watching my Voyager Arcade Machine via the paypal link. I feel better that my thousands of dollars are being tracked. Paypal can be very good.
Study the USA and Aussie Paypal sites. I learnt a few things i didnt even know existed which are of benefit.  ^^^

the bad things about PayPus have nothing to do with the percentage charged. My collegue runs a very large business in Hong Kong (an Australian) and part of it is selling on eBay.

If you knew the stories he tells me you would NEVER even consider using PayPus as a buyer OR seller. It is mind blowing!

There are far too many shonks out there that have worked out the weaknesses in PayPus and know how to play the game so they can rip you off and PayPus will do NOTHING to protect you.

Don't say I havn't warned all to be super wary - simply Google "ripped off by paypal" or any variation of that and you might think twice before you 'trust' the rip-off shonks!

Or simply keep the blinkers on and say that I am a worry-wart/stirrer/lunatic - I don't care as I know better.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2009, 03:20:56 PM »
you are right homepin, there are alot of shonks on ebay. I have been duudded only 2 times out of 1200 deals, but it could have been alot more unless i was real careful.i will not do a deal with anyone with my hard earnt unless i get an adress and a phone number as well.

I once got ripped off for about 200 bucks USA, so i requested thru paypal the owners address and got it.
I then did a google earth in 3 D and could see the guys house n car etc. I rang him and told him i knew he lived accross the road from a large red building and he had a silver car etc in the front yard. I said i knew the neighborhood and that if i didnt get my money back i would stand on his head. The money got refunded.

I never knew how valuable google earth could be. Go the Google earth !  *)*  *)*  *)*  ^^^  ^^^  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2009, 03:32:25 PM »
you are right homepin, there are alot of shonks on ebay. I have been duudded only 2 times out of 1200 deals, but it could have been alot more unless i was real careful.i will not do a deal with anyone with my hard earnt unless i get an adress and a phone number as well.

I once got ripped off for about 200 bucks USA, so i requested thru paypal the owners address and got it.
I then did a google earth in 3 D and could see the guys house n car etc. I rang him and told him i knew he lived accross the road from a large red building and he had a silver car etc in the front yard. I said i knew the neighborhood and that if i didnt get my money back i would stand on his head. The money got refunded.

I never knew how valuable google earth could be. Go the Google earth !  *)*  *)*  *)*  ^^^  ^^^  ^^^

Very well done - great news - a side advantage just might be that the fool might not try to dud anyone again??? I am very surprised that PayPus gave you his details however as that is one of the points they make about your privacy being protected - blah blah blah - PayPus are shonks, it's as simple as that!

Marty Machine

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2009, 04:08:57 PM »
So Homepin, what happened to YOU ??

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2009, 04:46:48 PM »

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2009, 04:57:17 PM »
This guy hates paypal

http://www.katanatrading.com/ebay/NOPaypal.html

Hahaha - very well found! That is not anywhere near the whole story - I wish it was - but it does tell of one experience I have had. How about another where I sold a machine to a buyer, they need a little practice and learning of the software but this guy couldn't be bothered so he just filed an "item not as described" with PayPus and got his money back. Then they told him that he didn't need to return the goods to me - that was his choice - WTF!

Down $2300 on that one......

I have dozens of better stories but when you tell them (even with copies of emails anb screen shots) people just refuse to believe it......they ALWAYS change their tune when (and I repeat WHEN) it happens to them!

Marty Machine

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2009, 05:09:33 PM »
Hmmm strange u didnt escalate it further, allowing someone to keep their money AND your item is FRAUD, take it higher if PP doesn' cover you....but they should, they're obligated to by LAW.

I've used EB+PP for aaaaages, and had mishaps, people change their minds, claims etc etc and in every case i got my $$ back, they got their $$ back....maybe i know how to use it properly  :lol

Perhaps the older PP mishandled things b4 Ebay bought them? but it shure as f**k works for me and everyone i trade with.  #*#
Many of my work collegues and their partners spend a lot of time wheeling & dealing, all their claims work too.
MM.