Author Topic: LOTS OF NEW DECALS  (Read 2034 times)

Offline SPURR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
Re: LOTS OF NEW DECALS
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2009, 01:53:49 PM »
This is the best news yet! quality decals  *%* To get high detail pictures you need copy from a high quality original , How do you do this? I spose there's members who may own such a pin.
PS. I still have haven't seen any T2 decals as yet!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2009, 05:05:01 PM »
I will be working on having T2 decals as well. Like i said, any machines that have not got decals currently available, are on my hit list.
Also, without giving out too many secrets, ya dont have to have a mint pin either.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2009, 06:00:13 PM »
 Sometimes being honest, puts u in the minority, or majority.
But, i say always say what u belive with integrity, and respect. I  just try to add a bit of humour, with a little sarcasm and a few stories along the way to make things entertaining, or to evoke a few thoughts. I can be over the top, and then serious. I try to mix it up, so to speak. I never claimed i was normal either, perhaps a bit different. I understand that. I can be a complete tool at the best of times.

I didnt really start the "new decals" thread to bash WG, it was more to say that I personally have the balls and the money to do something for myself and others that needs to be done, that being, new top quality laminated decals that I can have made, for machines like T2, BlackKnight 2000,
Star Wars Trilogy-Sega, etc etc etc, that some of us need/want. Its not to make money, i do alright already, its for the people who love pinball and need someone to step up to the plate, cause from what i can tell, no-one has before, and i cant understand why.Well, sort of.

Some would say because of one person, others would say because people are just lazy, others may say both.I am not going to go into PATENTS and COPYRIGHT. I have had a lawyer for that. I say to the doubters, sit on the sidelines n watch.

In any event, the reason I didnt just say "i was going to do decals with quality ink etc", was it would have just been boring.
The thread may have only had 20 people read it, not 300. Am i trolling for future sales for decals, noooopppp. I dont need the money.
What i am hoping for is that 20 or 30 people, move past the being scared of one person, and put their hand up publicly, or privately, and say, I want decals made for T2, or BK2000, or xyz model.

In fact, one melbourne business man, also stood up to the plate, without fear, and look what has happened to the pin industry this last 12 months, prices have dropped, monopoly's are almost gone, and some people have had to change their business practices.

example, Stern new black legs x 4 were $99 from one seller.Another seller, recently imported the same legs and his price was $79.
Now, the original seller, has dropped his price to $49. All because someone stepped up.
Sometimes, out of chaos, good things happen. If a certain seller, reads my posts, he may decide to lessen his decal prices, or investigate printing other sets of decals with his new printer, everyone will win. A boring post would never have had that effect.

The last thing i will say is, the next 100 posts will be positive, the forum members deserve that, but wait til u see my up and coming photos.
Its going to help the pinball hobby.I will make sure of it, regardless of what any one single southern dream killer says.
Waynes world is old news, OUR WORLD is now being made.  ^^^

(post closed from me anyways). *%*

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2009, 06:48:25 PM »
Sometimes being honest, puts u in the minority, or majority.
But, i say always say what u belive with integrity, and respect. I  just try to add a bit of humour, with a little sarcasm and a few stories along the way to make things entertaining, or to evoke a few thoughts. I can be over the top, and then serious. I try to mix it up, so to speak. I never claimed i was normal either, perhaps a bit different. I understand that. I can be a complete tool at the best of times.

a tool at the best of times,,,  #@# well you said it not me. lol
and you call me a budgie !@#

i on the other hand was going to make stencils for the older pins that need to be painted and not decaled.

i am still going to make these but just haven’t had the time now that some one gave me a job that takes up most of my time.

i don't know, these people who give you a job so one has enough money to buy pins that one could never buy because he was always broke. #@#
i am still always broke because the money i earn keeps getting spent on pins. @.@
the nerve of the said person.  &&
at least the problem of not being able to afford to buy pins has changed to not knowing which pin i will buy next. @@*
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2009, 06:53:34 PM »
thanks budgie. lol

@.@  @.@  @.@

from tool.  ^^^

Marty Machine

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2009, 07:07:49 PM »
I'd rather use a photocopy than buy decals from the toothless midget bear-god.  :lol

As much i applaud people who want to go ahead and churn out some private enterprise, i feel the need to tell you "keep it cheap", or you're no better than the toothless midget bear-god.
Anyone who prints decals sets out for $25-50 per set will do wonders, anyone who insists on asking for 10-20% less than already exaggerated retail price isn't doing anyone much of a favour.

Move quantities, and reap the benefits...

As for inkjet decals, i shudder....i'm skepticle about their longevity, be warned !

I'm about to go back into some private printing enterprises myself (for other avenues) and will no doubt take on some private pinball jobs.
The printer/cutter i'm grabbing is a tad under $20k, it's not exactly a backyarder inkjet hehehehe.

my 2cents,
MM.

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2009, 07:21:33 PM »
If youre printer is worth 20k, then factor in ink, and costs to maintain equipement, plus labour to do it all......well I cant see a set of decals costing 25-50 bucks. Or am I just wrong? but I would be very happy to be wrong at that price.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2009, 07:41:26 PM »
i thought i could kill this post. lol. i tried ! i tried, i really did.

no inkjet printers for me.
no profit at all for me.thats not my interest here.

$25 to $50 is low/unrealistic for laminated quality printed decals, full sets that is.
But i will say, that u need to take into consideration the set up, software/graphic art/artist costs, then the cost per set after that.
I agree $349 and $399 is crazy, hence my quest.

P.S - If i sold full decal sets for $25, u might find me floating in a barrell in the lake. lol.   %.%  The pinball boss's may put a hit out on me.  !@#
P.S- Marty, bring your printer over to meet my printer, and we can have a printer party. lol   %.%

Marty Machine

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2009, 08:29:46 PM »
ok, looks like i'm surrounded by inexperience in here (i mean that in the nicest way), but i doesn't cost $100's to print cabinet decal sets, hence my pricing of $25-50 because it IS achievable.
Setup fees & materials are included in that too.
Reality: It costs me $5 material to print a cabinet decal.

I can assure you it doesnt cost the big guys $100+ to print their sets ;-)

I've done this for other areas, and proven time & time again that quantity-marketing versus price-marketing wins.
Plenty of money awaits you all, without being greedy.

MM.

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2009, 08:39:40 PM »
5 bucks? call me inexperienced because I am.........so bring on the cheap decals boys!

SI (the video game) cab decals would be sweet as well  *%*

Marty Machine

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2009, 08:42:02 PM »
You'll need to ask the other guys, i'm still cutting a deal to arrange my printer.

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2009, 08:53:30 PM »
the problem with the pricing is the person or persons who own the printer and software will not do it for cost price. as far as I know they have a minimum fee, as just about every one who owns one of these printers and software want to make it worth their while.

I have lost count of how many times i have gone to pay for a fabricated item that only takes 5 minutes of labour and $10 in materials and told there is a minimum charge of $xx when if you add up the 5 minutes of labour and $5 in materials which was left over from a thousand dollar job and was paid for and should have gone in the bin but they kept is only worth $20
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Marty Machine

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2009, 09:08:38 PM »
I was saying it'll cost ME $5, but i could sell for $25 to look after myself and anyone who needed decals.
I will never charge $100 for a $5-cost job.

What i'm highlighting is the fact that we keep getting people jump on here (or any forum) and make offers that aren't much cheaper than retail....it's more of a parasitic deal for themselves rather than 'for us'.

just my 2c.   ;-)
MM

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2009, 09:31:33 PM »
I was saying it'll cost ME $5, but i could sell for $25 to look after myself and anyone who needed decals.
I will never charge $100 for a $5-cost job.

What i'm highlighting is the fact that we keep getting people jump on here (or any forum) and make offers that aren't much cheaper than retail....it's more of a parasitic deal for themselves rather than 'for us'.

just my 2c.   ;-)
MM

Dont mean to rain your parade here mate, but full cabinet decals for BOTH sides laminated plus front and side header for $5???

You are dreaming mate - go price your vinyl again or are you printing onto tissue?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2009, 10:09:41 PM »
I dont think Marty literally thinks $5.
Perhaps he is suggesting that if people currently selling full decal sets at $299, they arent costing them $280 and only making $20.

However,
If you owned a Black Knight 2000 with a shitty cabinet, and u wanted the machine to look brand new, do u think u could go on ebay and buy a full set of cabinet decals for $20 ? ofcourse not. So, if someone did what no-one had done, and now made them available, what do u think would be a resonable cost.?  If i said i will give yu a set for say $50, is that resonable ? If i said $100, is that reasonable, if i said $150 is that resonable and so on.
Its all about supply and demand. But profit is not what is on offer here.

It is about supplying/printing full decal sets that are not currently available anywhere in the world.
Its not about whether they cost 20 cents to make or a million bux. Its about providing decals that no one has/provides.

Its not a money making exercise.Never was, never will be.

The second thing is then about supplying them at a reasonable cost that is accepted everywhere and anywhere as being reasonable.
The various considerations, that affect this, are the quality of materials used, the quality of the printing process and the method of shipping etc.
Obviously, the graphic atrist and other labour/set up costs will be integrated. I note, that highly professional people within the printing industry, do not operate, purchase and maintain millions of dollars of equipment at $20 per hour.

If i walked in to my contacts business and expected him to do the most professional quality job, using the best equipment money can buy, whilst using
the best materials, and expected him to print me full decal sets, and laminated, for $10 or $20 bux a set, i would be dreaming.

The last item, that needs to be taken into consideration, is whether i am having 1 set done , or 100 sets done at a time.etc etc.

Dont worry about the pricing, lets cover the production step, and the quality etc, followed by the "yes, i like what i see, and i want some" bit first.
The pricing will take care of itself. The only people who pay stupid money are fools, and since there are no fools on this forum, i dont think anyone has to be worried about reasonable cost pricing from me.

Also, I am compiling a list of decals that people want to be produced that arent avail. Email me. Like the person who said Terminator 2, i will now add that. If u dont tell me the ones u want me to organise, they wont get done.Lets compile a list first guys. I will do the rest.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 10:17:25 PM by caveoftreasures »