Author Topic: Sad undercurrent  (Read 5701 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Re: Sad undercurrent
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2009, 11:28:07 AM »
Sorry, but I always felt that Creech set up his alternative pinball forums because he wanted to talk pinball, not the politics of pinball

I find it odd that people claim to want a constructive site, (and it is ) until W’s name comes up, then all bets are off, the gloves come out, and the negative BS starts to fly

Pinky - U R 100% correct - this forum evolved in great spirit and continues to do so.
It is WITHOUT DOUBT and REMAINS to be the BEST Pinball Forum I have been involved in.
Credit to ALL members for NOT allowing AP to get dragged into the politics of the hobby that ALWAYS .....ALWAYS start with ONE IDIOT.

I myself am normally VERY reactive to anything said about the blunder from down under but have (apart from one hiccup ) decided never to 'wind up the heat' in any thread here at AP that involves this man, and believe me , if anyone could ....I bloody could and until you have walked in  my shoes you would NEVER understand it.

I WILL continue to call him out and expose any lie he tells at RGP though as I believe way too MANY people have gone too soft on him , especially considering the absolute grief he has caused to MANY hobbyists over the years......but I will never do that here at AP.

AP has been from DAY ONE , the most positive and constructive forum for all its members - we can ALL pat ourselves on the back for that.
Congrats to the moderators for sensible moderating of the forum as well, especially around subjects like this one that could get out of hand

And Brett - trust me, as others have said - dont shout too loud - just get on with it mate - congrats for your efforts , I hope they succeed and I am looking forward to some pics  ^^^
DW Drums rule !

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2009, 11:32:21 AM »
Creech, I am not advocating censorship

If I wanted to you to delete a thread, I would have reported it or simply sent you a PM

My issue is not with either you or Strangways

It was to point out to people that they all control the vibe of a forum, if you post negative opinions, those negative opinions tend to seep (over time) into other threads

I have no business affiliation with W
I have bought machines from him, I have bought parts from him
I have also bought machines and parts from Aussie pinball sponsors

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2009, 11:33:43 AM »
Pinky, before your thread there were 2 threads out of 3300 that had some sort of negative overtones. Your thread just increased that number by 50%. Nuff said!

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2009, 11:34:57 AM »
Pinky, before your thread there were 2 threads out of 3300 that had some sort of negative overtones. Your thread just increased that number by 50%. Nuff said!
<.> Yeah, my bad that they both happened after I joined up  !@)

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2009, 08:36:34 PM »
May I just add that whilst I can't say that I have personally been on the receiving end from anyone, I don't consider the threads discussed here as being negative.  I found them enlightening and informative to say the least. 

It is a shame that things tend to go down the same track with more than enough people to say it is an isolated incident and when one of my mates, an enthusiastic pinball collector and previous good customer of said person is "banned" from buying products, I would like to hear about it and then just to reinforce it all, to carry on, in writing, and describe your bread and butter customers as "anal c___s", well...............I wanna know about it.

It isn't a sad undercurrent, it is merely an accurate account of something that I feel all of us would like to be aware of.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2009, 09:48:58 PM »
May I just add that whilst I can't say that I have personally been on the receiving end from anyone, I don't consider the threads discussed here as being negative.  I found them enlightening and informative to say the least. 

It is a shame that things tend to go down the same track with more than enough people to say it is an isolated incident and when one of my mates, an enthusiastic pinball collector and previous good customer of said person is "banned" from buying products, I would like to hear about it and then just to reinforce it all, to carry on, in writing, and describe your bread and butter customers as "anal c___s", well...............I wanna know about it.

It isn't a sad undercurrent, it is merely an accurate account of something that I feel all of us would like to be aware of.

"anal c___s",

.... Aaah, a more diplomatic day then... must have been on a birthday or similar..... maybe a shag??  Nah thats too preposterous! %.% %.% <.>

Offline Chuck

• Forum Posts:
  • Usa
    • Big Guys Pinball
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2010, 12:47:18 PM »
It's nearly impossible to keep a content source 100% positive without heavy moderation. This forum is filled with people who love pinball and tend to be very positive. If <1% of the posts contain something mildly negative (I didn't see he post) I would say we're doing very well. I've been on forums where the content was about 80% negative and fueled by admins. Love AP and relax.

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2010, 01:09:18 PM »
Thanks for the positive words chuck. Where you been big fella?

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2010, 01:13:56 PM »
ditto  ^^^......and ummmmm.......ditto  !@#
DW Drums rule !

Offline thefasteddy69

• Forum Posts:
  • Southern Highlands
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2010, 02:13:45 PM »
Happy that there is discussion as to the positives and negatives of the hobby.

I have not had a problem to date with suppliers and was not aware of these side issues though it is better to be prepared / forewarned. Hate it when you get sideswiped when you are the last to know.

My experience has been on this forum (have never been involved in one before) that it is a wholly positive experience and would prefer if that continues. Self moderation is better than a type of censorship I believe.

Just consider it lucky to have struck a great forum first time. Man after the issues that I get in my day to day job (maybe not the only one) this is just a hobby that Im passionate about and can get lost in, stuffing about. No pressure, love it.

Offline Chuck

• Forum Posts:
  • Usa
    • Big Guys Pinball
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2010, 02:58:13 PM »

Right here =)

My real life has kept me busy doing some not so fun crap. Took a break to write an iPhone game. Updating Nucore (but nothing terribly exciting right now.) The good news is I'm knee-deep in my first EM and loving every minute of it.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2010, 06:27:21 PM »

Right here =)

My real life has kept me busy doing some not so fun crap. Took a break to write an iPhone game. Updating Nucore (but nothing terribly exciting right now.) The good news is I'm knee-deep in my first EM and loving every minute of it.

Glad to hear your interest in EMs is turning into a love affair, Chuck !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2010, 07:07:06 PM »
I have not had a problem to date with suppliers and was not aware of these side issues though it is better to be prepared / forewarned. Hate it when you get sideswiped when you are the last to know.

Unfortunately it seems that the industry does tend to attract shady types from time to time - perhaps its a hold over from the days of cash based machines and people guarding routes etc, or maybe its the same in every industry, and we're just more aware as its out hobby. Fortunately forums like outs help to some extent to enable people to see both sides.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2010, 08:04:11 PM »
OK PINKY YOU WANT TO SEE NEGATIVE.....DO YA......well watch Greg (RTBB) play pinball and you'll see negative. The man will send tears to your eyes. As I have seen this quoted somewhere before, "you know when you're a bad player, when the machine goes into ball search mode while your playing". Don't take things too seriously, lots worse things out there mate.

I officially preclaim today a "W" free day. there done now.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Pinfan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2010, 08:47:43 PM »
OK PINKY YOU WANT TO SEE NEGATIVE.....DO YA......well watch Greg (RTBB) play pinball and you'll see negative. The man will send tears to your eyes.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Just fell off my chair Rob !

That is hilarious !!
Some people have big HEADS !