Author Topic: brisbane cheap  (Read 858 times)

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
Re: brisbane cheap
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2009, 03:41:17 PM »
the wear is just an all-blue area with no designs, color match and it will be sweet

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2009, 11:30:17 PM »
Some nasty wear in front of the slings - I wonder if they tried to remove the factory mylar that was placed in front of the slings ?

Yeah, looks like mylar removal gone wrong.  The inlanes look to have suffered the same fate.  Not like they'd wear naturally like that.

the wear is just an all-blue area with no designs, color match and it will be sweet

Correction .. Just been looking at SMDM on IPDB and the areas in the pic in the listing that look like wear are actually clouds and part of the artwork ... WAHOO !!

Will post some pics once it arrives.

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2009, 11:36:29 PM »

Correction .. Just been looking at SMDM on IPDB and the areas in the pic in the listing that look like wear are actually clouds and part of the artwork ... WAHOO !!

Awesome Scott!.  One of those times that we're all happy to be proven wrong. hehe  ()

Offline MrMaloo

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2009, 11:42:36 PM »
Yeah . I actually bought it thinking it WAS wear Rod . Didn't have time to wait for the seller to email better pics . Wasn't until tonight I was on ipdb checking out a few things and noticed it . Hears hoping there isn't much/any .

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2009, 11:43:31 PM »
Looks like you hit the jackpot mate.

Backglass looks sweet and the playfield - all plastics (including caps) are all original.

Look at the condition of the face of the drop targets and the faces of the 2 spinners - doesn't look like she has had a tough life like most of the SM$M you see kicking about
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 11:45:28 PM by illawarra_steelers »

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2009, 12:34:11 AM »
Yeah . I actually bought it thinking it WAS wear Rod . Didn't have time to wait for the seller to email better pics . Wasn't until tonight I was on ipdb checking out a few things and noticed it . Hears hoping there isn't much/any .

I'm thinking it will be fine mate.  The only other real problem spot is between the bumpers where the ball pops out of the saucer.

Brings back some fond memories that game.  There used to be one at the local coffee lounge where i grew up.  The op had it set for a max of 5 credits posted at any given time (strange as it's a 6 player game) and the local "Tommy" could play it all day for 2 bob.  It was awesome watching that guy play.  Passing the ball from flipper to flipper with gentle taps when the up post was activated.  Line up the shot for the lit spinner and listen to that baby sing  ^^^

« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 12:38:44 AM by Rod71 »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2009, 10:04:02 AM »
Some nasty wear in front of the slings - I wonder if they tried to remove the factory mylar that was placed in front of the slings ?

Yeah, looks like mylar removal gone wrong.  The inlanes look to have suffered the same fate.  Not like they'd wear naturally like that.

I stand corrected - GREAT pickup ! Congrats  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline The Silence

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2009, 07:36:06 PM »
I have just picked up this game for the new owner, he will be very happy, no playfield wear and nice backglass. Also as a matter of interest, the game has one of my old business stickers on it from 1995 when I sold it for the same price $500

Great buy Scott. An excellent project for you.

Offline braddo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2009, 07:53:16 PM »
WOW what a score Scott well done mate you must be stoked! Awesome stuff!!. #*#
WTB (or possibly trade) - 1980 Stern ALI

Offline MrMaloo

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2009, 12:29:02 AM »
Got this pin home today . Am very happy with it . First of all a BIG thanks to Tony Turner of The Pinball Shed in QLD for his help in getting this pin ready for transport for me (even though it was a private ebay sale) .

Condition wise the pin is in pretty good shape . It fires up and plays 100% . The backglass is awesome . It's probably about a 9 out of 10 . Almost perfect . The playfield is nice . Very , very minimal wear . It is almost entirely covered by mylar which is pretty dirty around the edges and has even started coming off in a few small spots at the edges of it so I may look at removing it but will have to pluck up the courage to do it  @@^. Needs all new rubbers and quite a few globes but I am stoked with it .

Will take some pics tomorrow and post them .

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2009, 02:02:25 AM »
Gentlemen, CruiserMan can rebuild it. He has the technology.  He has the capability to make the worlds best pinball machine. Better, Stronger, Faster.

He is - The Five Hundred Dollar Man

Offline MrMaloo

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2009, 02:36:16 AM »
 %.% %.% %.%

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2009, 08:22:08 AM »
Good news Scott,

Glad it all worked out for you and huge  ^^^ to Tony Turner from the Pinball Shed for going out and picking up/packing and sending  #*#

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2009, 08:25:00 AM »
Tony is tops, and Scott is one lucky dude!
Pics!!

Offline pinball-collector

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2009, 09:43:18 PM »
Very good buy,,l already have one,,but for that price,,l would have another.. well done !!