Author Topic: williams Klondike restoration  (Read 1007 times)

Offline jyebow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Maitland, NSW
  • GTB Pioneer, Bally Hi-Lo Ace, WMS Space Shuttle,
Re: williams Klondike restoration
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 12:42:50 AM »
Fantastic work Mitch. That restoration is unreal.
I see your Klondike had the same "woodgrain contact" on it that my hi lo ace had around the ball arch. When I peeled it off ,it left a near new surface, maybe the operators put it on to protect it?
anyway congrats. I can't wait for the Dracula resto, that Stern will look fantastic compared to the last time I saw it.
cheers Steve.
GTB Pioneer, Bally Hi-Lo Ace, WMS Space Shuttle, Data East Lethal Weapon 3

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 07:21:15 PM »
Thanx Steve. Just about every game i have had the exact same woodgrain contact stuck inside the shooter lane and around the top arch when purchased!
The Dracula restortion is next cab off the rank.. expect to see some updates on that one early in the new year ^^^

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 09:22:27 PM »
I have 2 words to describe that restoration - f*ck me  :lol

Mitch I will do the Waynes World thing and say we aren't worthy. Soooooo inspirational!

Just goes to show what can be done to make a game look near new again. While reading through your posts I'm thinking 'this guy is going to make a repro backglass' but the game didn't need it. Also to note the 2 games to the Klondike's left are also awesome titles - MIBS - my all time fave! So favourite that I also have Rack a Ball 1962 and Bowling Queen 1964 which have the same playfield and game rules.

Well Mitch - as you already know - and for the guys that have never played this game - and from somebody that played this game to death growing up - this is the best Williams EM pin from the 1970s hands down.

Norm Clark, Ed Krynski (R.I.P dude) and Wayne Neyens were the 3 greatest pinball designers of any era

Cheers

Tony

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 01:25:47 AM »
Thats awesome, thanks heaps Tony! Klondike is definitely one of my favourite EM games. Mibs is another.. simple but fun and challenging to play. If you haven't done so already, you can check out my MIBS restore thread on here, and see before and after restoration pics!!! I've had both of these games for over ten years and won't part with either of them in too big a hurry! *.*

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2009, 06:07:30 PM »
Another great job on this machine you trully are a restoration wizard.  Im so glad im checking out these older restores that i had missed there are som gems.  I suggest everyone has a look through them if it doesnt inspire you to do one of your own its time to sell em to someone who does.   GREAT WORK

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2009, 11:03:48 AM »
Once again, Thanks for your comments ^^^

Im so glad im checking out these older restores that i had missed there are som gems.  I suggest everyone has a look through them if it doesnt inspire you to do one of your own its time to sell em to someone who does.

And i couldn't agree more!! sell em to me & il fix em :lol :lol

Cheers.. Mitch

Offline big dog

• Forum Posts:
  • Grafton
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2009, 10:18:37 PM »
"wow" You have done a great job,changed this average joe to a real stunner.Your eye for detail and bringing these games back to their former glory is admired and appreciated. @@* @@*

Offline greenechidna

• Forum Posts:
  • straight down the guts
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2012, 01:19:33 AM »
As this machines new owner, I can tell you the photos really dont do justice to the quality of this resto....it  is  so clean  and feels so tight and new. Colours are bright and faithful and the homemade chimebox sounds sweet. I couldn't be happier.

Mitch diagnosed my Superstars reset problem in about 45 seconds and had it up and running 5 minutes later. It's reassuring to have him just down the highway from me.

My wife came within 15k of your high score  yesterday Mitch!......one of the biggest challenges so far has been to  lever her off the thing for 10 minutes to get a game in. We are both suffering acute "pinny shoulder" at the moment after playing several hundred games apiece.

Anyone thinking of buying a machine off Mitch is on the right track.....this machine is a testament to his skill and dedication to producing a quality product.

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2012, 10:00:07 PM »
As this machines new owner, I can tell you the photos really dont do justice to the quality of this resto....it  is  so clean  and feels so tight and new. Colours are bright and faithful and the homemade chimebox sounds sweet. I couldn't be happier.

Mitch diagnosed my Superstars reset problem in about 45 seconds and had it up and running 5 minutes later. It's reassuring to have him just down the highway from me.

My wife came within 15k of your high score  yesterday Mitch!......one of the biggest challenges so far has been to  lever her off the thing for 10 minutes to get a game in. We are both suffering acute "pinny shoulder" at the moment after playing several hundred games apiece.

Anyone thinking of buying a machine off Mitch is on the right track.....this machine is a testament to his skill and dedication to producing a quality product.

Very cool having part of the history of your new machine at hand. The game looks great congrats on the purchase.  ^^^

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2012, 11:14:50 PM »

Thanks for that Andy  ^^^ Was great meeting you on Saturday. I'm glad that you're happy with Klondike, was a bit hard to let it go but i know its gone to a good home  *%* and im glad i was able to repair your Superstar so quickly, and to get to play it afterwards was pretty cool... brought back a few memories of when i had mine all those years ago.

I delivered and set up Klondike for Andy since i was going up to his place to work on Superstar for him. Best of all to me was that "kid on xmas morning" look on his face as i pulled into his driveway with Klondike in the back of my car  *%* I lost track of time when i was there, playing a few games and having a beer, was a good way to spend the afternoon.