Author Topic: NEW HOUSE ! Moving 25+ pins. Bigger house means I can add more machines.  (Read 476 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I am moving house on the 12th December to a bigger house.About 3 streets away.
That means I have to move 25 plus pins. The downside is moving everything. The upside means more room for more pins.

My wife is having a baby boy within the month so its a busy time and my security business is flat out so there is no rest for the wicked.

I was thinking about lining the whole lot of them up, side by side, 25 long, down the street before they go into the truck for a good photo. !@#
Hopefully, it wont pour rain, 10 seconds prior to the photo.  ^&^

Anyways, moving house, adding more pins, got to do something outside of work.
Maybe a new Jetski, and i can put all the pins into storage,  !@# or not. Mmmm, a twilight zone jetski.  !@#
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Need to take pictures, Brett - will be an awesome sight !

Best of wishes with the bubs coming along soon - You will be changing nappies more than globes  %$%
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
You will need two trucks
One for the pins, one for the rest of the house ;)

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Good luck with the move!

If you can do the pic it will look pretty awesome.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Just done the same myself - move 20+ pins plus gun games and jukes.
It was at that point that i decided my hobby had gone out of control and i had too many games.. i swore to scale back.

Ive since added to the collection  ^&^ ^&^

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
Just 3 streets away Brett? Man-up and push them on a trolley.
 *)*

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
all i can say to this is 'ouch, my aching back'
I will be helping caveman with the move.
actually this means i will get a day or 2 off work  #*# $#$
works out well, when it comes time for me to move i will have some help.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Just 3 streets away Brett? Man-up and push them on a trolley.
 *)*

I could always put pinball skates on a dozen and have pinball machine races up and down the street like people do with shopping trolleys, but i would need a dozen of u maniacs and a big night on the piss to attempt it, i will order more moonshine. done deal. lol  ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Good luck with the move Brett, if you need me to help with shifting I'm happy to help now that I'm back in sunny queensland. 
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Well, i am half way thru moving the 25 plus pins.and 3 x empty cabinets and all the coin doors n boxes of parts n , ohhh, it just goes on and on and on.

Pinballs are just fun to play with , but a complete nightmare to move all at once.
I actually had my GODZILLA pinball do a complete runaway down the driveway and it did about 3 rolls, 2 spins and went bang bigtime. The driveway was real steep. I thought my brother had it, and he thought i had it. But in the end, the steep driveway took it.lol. Believe it or not, not one scratch or damage due to the wrapping of very thick cardboard. An absolute miracle and a true testament to the fact these pinball machines are bloody tuff. or i am just the luckiest mongrel alive. probably the later ! lol.

I  hired a truck with a tailgate lifter. and i am using the 8 sets of pinskates all at once. My brother and I  can fit about 6 machines in the truck no probs, any more than that and it makes moving them in and out more challenging.its only 40 degrees of xmas heat. just fun in the heatwave, not !

I havent taken any photos of the move cause the camera is packed somewhere, and i am moving them stealth like, so no one decides to break in oneday and nick any.
anyways, just thought i would post a quick update re the move, before i go and get pin number 14 thru to 21. thank god i have a strong brother who loves the machines as much as me. a good strong helper.
p.s - thanks leon (v8racefan) for the offer, but we got it handled. i appreciate ya offer anyways. it reinforces what a top bloke ya are for the kind offer. regards, Caveman.  ^^^

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Moving house suck hope the rest goes smoothly

Offline bigdaddy

• Forum Posts:
  • WTB: Phantom of the Opera

I havent taken any photos of the move cause the camera is packed somewhere, and i am moving them stealth like, so no one decides to break in oneday and nick any.

Had to laugh when I read that. Pins are not the type of thing you see someone trying to haul out a window or over the sholder. Would be funny to see.  :lol. These days the bugger would sue you for putting his back out as he was steal'n them.   &&

Good luck with the new house and bubs
WTB - Phantom of the Opera

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Glad the move is going well mate.  ^^^

Will catch-up soon and check out your new joint, whoops I mean pinball cave.

Cheers

Leon

Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Just a bit of good news for you Brett, I spoke to the your land lord and he is happy to give you a reduction of $10 a week in your rent if you move all your pins out by tomorrow and share the house with a bunch of really ugly female foreign exchange uni students who party all night, he told me they all have their own tents which they can set up in the backyard, they just need one large room with aircon to store all thier crap.

glad i could help, but what are friends for.

no need to thank me  &&
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Yes Beaky, u did go missing for the 3 days during the move but your 60 kilograms were no match for these machines.  %.%  %.%  %.% Nahh, its all good, i wanted u to stay away so ya didnt hurt ya back lifting these friggin things.Only dummies like me lift 30 of the dam things.
Perhaps Beaky, you will be VERY FRESH for work this week.  *%*  &&   BLOODY HOPE SO HOUDINI. lol
(watching a guy who weighs 60 kg's trying to move a pinball would have ended up on youtube- my brother and I who weigh 130 plus kilograms each would have just cracked up ! - they dont call me Caveman for nothing ! ).

But we got their in the end. My brother and I carved thru the 30 pins in a day n a half. Being big dumb n strong helps sometimes.lol

and believe it or not, there are professional thieves up here on the gold coast who do pull up outside peoples upmarket homes and break in and empty the joint of everything.It happens more than u believe. I see it in my business, quite often.
.. 30 pinball machines adds up to probably 100 plus thousand. Not a bad haul if some nutter with a truck gave it a go. Thats why i work in the security industry n put alarms/camera systems in here and there n everywhere. Thieves get more in numbers each year, not less.

THE MOVE IS OVER ! now i have to test play the fleet. Thats the fun part for moving the dam things.  ^^^  ^^^  ^^^   ^^^  ^^^   ^^^  ^^^  ^^^
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 10:33:44 PM by caveoftreasures »