Author Topic: Copyright Queries  (Read 3748 times)

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: Copyright Queries
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2009, 11:47:51 PM »
It's a shame it will cost you a sh*tload of cash to satisfy your curiousity. Do you honestly believe the copyright holders will let this slide without taking action against you? Are you really willing to line your lawyers pockets with your hard earned cash? Even if you win, your court/lawyer costs will be outrageous. Good luck!

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2009, 11:48:42 PM »
How about we all leave this topic right alone now *%*
It's been done and said and done and said and done and said and done and said and many many times before  (((
It drags out personal feelings and animosity amongst members and serves absolutely no good here.

While I truly appreciate anyone attempting to help the hobby in anyway, I feel these 'open ended threads' that are completely full of loose assumptions are truly insignificant these days.

We ALL know what the problem has been and ALL wish it would just GO AWAY......when that happens I will be the first to rejoice, but UNTIL that day happens either make your stuff , have a crack at selling it, if you can do so successfully then thats great for everyone.......but until you can accomplish that then best not to continue the guessing game.

:2cents:

DW Drums rule !

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2009, 11:50:44 PM »
Well said Wotto!  *%*

Marty Machine

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2009, 11:51:02 PM »
My one-liner was quite obvious.....

here's a breakdown for the slow readers ;-)
If you were selling 10 knockoff items,....that's 10 sales that WMS didnt get.
When your sales come to their attention (and they will) it's nighty night jailtime.

I don't know how you couldnt see that?

This was a structured and interesting discussion, but i sense your getting personal, as it would appear everyone is trying to learn and understand copyright in here, and no doubt we appear to be standing on your toes/enterprises huh?

nighty night, lube up lad !!

Marty Machine

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2009, 11:51:56 PM »
yep, lock the thread.

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2009, 11:54:32 PM »
DW Drums rule !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2009, 11:57:12 PM »
i removed my post. i was more pissed at the monopoly. i didnt mean to have a go at u marty. my apologies.

maybe we  r best served forgetting the entire thing. i wont bother trying to help anyone with my new non profit venture. too many reasons to fail i hear.again,no reason for us to bicker. we gotta stay friends/friendly.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2009, 12:02:35 AM »
:2cents:

I just wanna know why this 2 cent emoticon only has 1 cent  !@#

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2009, 12:04:09 AM »
Because I broke it  :lol :lol :lol
DW Drums rule !

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2009, 12:05:44 AM »
i removed my post. i was more pissed at the monopoly. i didnt mean to have a go at u marty. my apologies.

Good on you Brett, good move.

maybe we  r best served forgetting the entire thing. i wont bother trying to help anyone with my new non profit venture. too many reasons to fail i hear.again,no reason for us to bicker. we gotta stay friends/friendly.

That seems to fly in the face of your earlier comments, but if you are giving up, that's your choice. I'm surprised as for the most part the debate seemed pretty mature and some interesting insights were offered.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2009, 12:07:42 AM »
maybe we  r best served forgetting the entire thing. i wont bother trying to help anyone with my new non profit venture.

Honestly - I reckon if it is in your heart to do it, then try it and see what U come up with for your own games at first , then if it works for you ...show us all some pics of the end result , some detail of the process used to achieve the end result ( as in be proud of it ) ......and THEN look at the legalities you may come across in re-producing stuff like that once you know you can do it ^^^

DW Drums rule !

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2009, 12:07:52 AM »
Geez Brett, you seemed pretty determined earlier on so why the sudden retreat?

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2009, 12:14:57 AM »
Brett may feel like he will be the "doombringer" for AP if he goes ahead  !@#
Like sum1 said a few days ago, go about your business quietly, and use your resources to see how far you can go.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2009, 12:25:56 AM »
Its been a real long day.
But to be honest, I usually stick to myself and do my own thing.this is the first time i have ever really bothered to join a forum type thing in my 40 yrs, cause usually, when u r in a room of say 10 people, 9 are negative, 1 is positive. I dont handle that real well.It brings me down.
I dont need the money, i dont need all the decals, it was for the members. But when the majority of people say 1 thing via PM's and another publicly, it makes me feel it aint worth the time.I lose heart.

Courage and a steadfast belief in what u r doing will give u any one a fighting chance.
But being involved in anything where people think u r going to get locked up, or go poor, or get lubed etc etc,isnt going to inspire me to
proceed for people who may be laughing at me, waiting for me to fail.

If i had of told u 12 months ago, i will own close to 30 pins by the 12 month mark, when i didnt even own one 12 months ago, u would have laughed at me too probably, and thats ok, but 12 months on i have succeeded.I have them.
I do not know how to fail. It aint in my system.
All my life people told me i would be a failure. They all told me dont try etc. I proved them wrong and will continue too.
I will just go about my business, do the decals etc, and again, in 12 months time, i will say to anyone who doubted me, i never gave up.

You guys have been good to me. I appreciate that.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2009, 12:48:54 AM »
Christ - I just want to get bits for my machines!

Nobody uses these old pieces of shit to make money anymore! ('cept for the rooted "junkyard" @ karingal cinema I seen on Sunday...)  #@#

Like most here I just want a nice clean machine that family/people can come and enjoy! I introduced a bunch of 12 y/o's to a pinball machine the other week... Never seen or played one before. Bloody sad.

Look - If I had the skills to make this stuff myself, I would, we all would! If someone wants to use their talents to make something for me - they will be repaid! Giving someone a slab is no different to slipping them a 50.

I don't give a toss. I want parts. There is no point owning a showpiece if I can't get bits to fix it! Whoever can get/make/swipe them for me, is a friend of mine...

You boys want to play handbags at 30 paces, go right ahead - I will be laughing at you!

Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...