Author Topic: Pinball Rescue apron decals for old Williams and Bally  (Read 1396 times)

Offline Rod71

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
That looks great Wotto, really really nice. Thanks for clearing that up i might give these a go, just have to have a bit of a think first.

Funnily enough, i don't mind the original scuffed up aprons too much. I'm kinda scared about losing the character of what the game has been through and 'what it is now', if ya know what i mean (same reason i'm in two minds about a cab re-spray). Once the original of something is gone it don't come back!

Mmmm i love making decisions like this.

You wont regret it Brad.  Tony is correct in what he said. 

I've seen and played your Flash when it belonged to Paul, and i reckon it's an excellent candidate for this  ^^^

Offline JD

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
  • There's no law against having fun, just yet!

Thanks for sharing, The Williams and Bally additions look Great great. I bought these from PR for my Jungle Queen and had to make them from scratch for my Gorgar.

These look wonderful and well priced.

I just asked them about making Jungle Queen plastics as well. See what happens??

J.D.
There is no law against having fun just yet (but I am sure they are busy are drafting one!)

Offline braddo

• Forum Posts:

I've seen and played your Flash when it belonged to Paul, and i reckon it's an excellent candidate for this  ^^^

......and paint over the original printed ink that came from Chicago in the 70's??? %.% Well, it's only an apron i guess, i've just been around/own vintage guitars i get a bit funny about this kinda stuff :D. I'll have a few beers tonight and have a think. ^^^

Hahaha as usual i'm making a big deal about something like a bloody pinball apron.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 09:21:13 AM by braddo »
WTB (or possibly trade) - 1980 Stern ALI

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW

......and paint over the original printed ink that came from Chicago in the 70's??? %.% Well, it's only an apron i guess, i've just been around/own vintage guitars i get a bit funny about this kinda stuff :D. I'll have a few beers tonight and have a think. ^^^

Hahaha as usual i'm making a big deal about something like a bloody pinball apron.

I've brought that point up before regarding the value of a vintage guitar being wiped out if you refinish it, and the value of a pinball increasing if you do the same thing.  It's very weird, but that's the way it is.

I'm totally with you regarding cabinets and "mojo".  I'd rather leave my Kiss cab the way it is for that very reason.  But as far as playfield parts like bumper caps, drop targets and even aprons are concerned, it's an easy way to freshen up the game without losing the mojo  ()

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Just ordered my GORGAR apron decal ^^^ a mate will spray my spare apron and then I'll have a new one plus my original-can't wait these guys rock *%*

Peter

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
There ya go Brad.  Get hold of any old Williams apron and restore it.  Then you can keep the original  ^^^

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
I'm totally with you regarding cabinets and "mojo".  I'd rather leave my Kiss cab the way it is for that very reason.  But as far as playfield parts like bumper caps, drop targets and even aprons are concerned, it's an easy way to freshen up the game without losing the mojo  ()

I respect everyones 'choice'' as to how they want to keep thier games, but what I dont understand is that we are happy to make a playfield look 'out of the box' again BUT at the same time feel that making the cabinet of the SAME machine look 'out of the box' again......is somehow stealing something away from he games heritage.

This has always confused me  !@#
DW Drums rule !

Offline braddo

• Forum Posts:
Yeah i understand Wotto. I'm not worried about losing/gaining value BTW, i just enjoy the 'character' of how my machines are, because they are in pretty good shape anyway (besides maybe the Flash backglass, but i'm on the hunt for one).

I'm not against respraying a cab at all, i just can't decide. %.%

I was looking at my aprons last night, and the only problem with them is they are smeared where stickers have been put over them, otherwise they are in great condition.

Anyway, i've been pretty much talked into it by you guys i'm going to get some decals.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 01:58:08 PM by braddo »
WTB (or possibly trade) - 1980 Stern ALI

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Just recieved my freshly painted apron back and she looks awesome(will post pic tommorow). Now to tackle the job of applying the decal  :D
Have sought advice so should be ok.

Peter

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:

Youre not making a big deal mate - you are spot on... i will NEVER accept an apron decal on ANY of my machines... ive seen the STERN decals on a machine and i did not like it - thats my opinion though.. but they are not as crisp as the original screening.
Sure they tidy up an apron but i strongly disagree that they add value - quite the opposite.
I am STILL trying to get permission to RESCREEN aprons.. but this is pinball and permission is a hard and long road. I did throw the question out there to see if members would support this service and feedback i got was ZERO.. however.. in USA i have a HUGE market..
Seems Australian pinball owners are quite willing to pay top$$ for repro BG's from USA but only interested and happy with stickers for their aprons.... Got me stumped!  &^&

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
Depending on the condition of the apron, I think a fresh apron makeover makes a world of difference - visually and my opinion, value to the machine.
Probably a good example - which machine in the picts would you like sitting in youre games room ?
Kev
pinballaustralia.com

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
How good did she come up?? and yes its a spare as I'd never spray my original..Will apply decal this week.

Peter

Offline daics3522

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth, WA
Depending on the condition of the apron, I think a fresh apron makeover makes a world of difference - visually and my opinion, value to the machine.
Probably a good example - which machine in the picts would you like sitting in youre games room ?
Kev

Sensation resto job so far ...........
1up Promotions provide all your promotional items... from keyrings to banners to stubby coolers etc, etc..... Anything you need just PM.... (website coming soon)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Kev

Definitely the 2nd pic... that looks pretty sweet ^^^

I've said it in the past and i'll say it again... What kind of idiot does this sort of crap to a machine (im referring to the 1st pic by the way!!) I mean... how can anyone believe that painting a game like that looks good !@# !@#

I've used Pinball rescue's apron decals in the past, (on my Abracadabra, Solar City, Mibs and Solar Ride) and they are still as good as the day i put them on. And now Quick Draw is a good candidate for one as well.