Author Topic: Judge Dredd Pinball  (Read 915 times)

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
Re: Judge Dredd Pinball
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2009, 07:03:36 AM »
Thanks Andrew  ^^^

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2009, 08:00:05 AM »
Tony, I have installed the mod from Pinbits - $60USD for the ROM and lock ring.  Works a treat and is definitely worth it.  Probably go the flouro orange ring I reckon.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Skybeaux

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Central Coast / Newcastle
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2009, 09:17:57 AM »
I am selling my Judge Dredd Pinball machine on eBay. Here is the link to it so you can have a look.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200414743572&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

I know you agreed to sell this machine to a good member on here ( not me ) , and ended up just stuffing him around.
I been told that the LHS of the cabinet is faded , you've taken a lot of photos but failed to show this side which is a bit misleading to people.
I hope you get what you deserve for it and the person who ends up buying it also stuffs you around *%*

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2009, 11:34:39 AM »
I know you agreed to sell this machine to a good member on here ( not me ) , and ended up just stuffing him around.
I been told that the LHS of the cabinet is faded , you've taken a lot of photos but failed to show this side which is a bit misleading to people.
I hope you get what you deserve for it and the person who ends up buying it also stuffs you around *%*

[/quote]

+ 1 -just as well the person you said you'd sell it to tipped you off about batteries sitting in machines for years and by the photos you found the batteries after all these years
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 11:39:32 AM by GORGAR 1 »

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 05:02:32 PM »
I found it strange there are batteries installed. The battery holder contacts look a bit so so (I reckon batteries have leaked in there at some stage), however the components below look fine. Omiting to take photos of the most faded side could lead to a very disgrunted customer.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 05:07:05 PM by Extra Ball »

Offline shootar

• Forum Posts:
  • brisbane
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2009, 06:21:53 PM »
just ask for a photo i guess
The mallard anas platyrhynchos is not all he's quacked up to be.

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2009, 08:44:10 PM »
So I wasnt the only one offered the machine then???Oh well..
NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2009, 09:02:32 PM »
So I wasnt the only one offered the machine then???Oh well..

Sounds like the seller has been doing the rounds until they heard a figure they liked and opted for eBay despite committing to sell the machine prior to listing it on eBay.
Addicted to pins.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2009, 09:11:05 PM »
I guess if there was no concluded agreement then there's nothing to stop the seller changing her mind, but if it is as set out here - well, then not good form.

I do not like seeing our forum used to promote an item if our members here were treated poorly when dealing with the item. But as the story has been told, I don't think we need to do anything as prospective buyers can read what has apparently transpired and decide if they want to deal with the seller.

Creech has added some software that will restrict the for sale posts to regular forum members in future.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2009, 09:17:02 PM »

Creech has added some software that will restrict the for sale posts to regular forum members in future.

Good call  ^^^

I like the 20 posts before you can even look at the trading section idea.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2009, 09:28:07 PM »
Not a bad idea to restrict people from using the site to dump machines and run.

At the end of the day, it is the sellers machine to do with as she pleases but it is bad form to ask for a certain figure, which she was going to get, then hear of a chance to get a bigger price for it, back out of the original deal then accept an offer for more $$$ from the same person then back out again when the lure of eBay is too great despite saying quite clearly the machine would not be listed on eBay and arrangements were made to pick up the machine and the increased offer was accepted.

I'll say no more and best of luck with the auction.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2009, 09:51:18 PM »
Not a bad idea to restrict people from using the site to dump machines and run.

At the end of the day, it is the sellers machine to do with as she pleases but it is bad form to ask for a certain figure, which she was going to get, then hear of a chance to get a bigger price for it, back out of the original deal then accept an offer for more $$$ from the same person then back out again when the lure of eBay is too great despite saying quite clearly the machine would not be listed on eBay and arrangements were made to pick up the machine and the increased offer was accepted.

I'll say no more and best of luck with the auction.

I commend you for your attitude. It is not too hard to work out what has transpired, unfortunately, the seller has the right to do as she/he pleases - even if a verbal agreement has been reached. Which is not good form at all.

Let eBay decide the value of the game, lets hope it is seen prior to the auction ending.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2009, 10:19:44 PM »
Shit I am sounding like an old-fart, but I was taught a person's word was their bond. These days it's very much different, Aussie society has changed alot in recent times. I guess it's another reason that we respect other members so much more. We all yearn for a time when pinball was king, and your fellow aussie was a "decent bloke".

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2009, 09:23:47 PM »
$2055

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2009, 10:45:43 PM »
Ah well, good luck to the buyer.  Seems like the arse has fallen out of the Dredd market at the moment.  I was expecting this machine to go for a bit more than that.  It looked like a nice machine apart from the faded cabinet side which I got a pic of in an earlier email that wasn't included in the eBay listing.
Addicted to pins.