Author Topic: Paragon  (Read 570 times)

Offline ricindahunting

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Rouse Hill
Paragon
« on: December 11, 2009, 08:49:54 AM »
G'day all,

I am expecting a response of something in the way of " when Hell freezes over " but I shall ask anyway. Paragon???? What are my chances and what am I expected to pay, obviously condition dictating price.

Cheers,

Rich....................................................

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Paragon
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 09:38:46 AM »

Don't be discouraged !

Two years age there were THREE Paragons on eBay. One was a shocker, the other in Tasmania and a third (Cannot recall). Prior to that, Wotto sold his on eBay and there are at least two members here that have recently picked up NICE examples of this machine.

It is a highly sought after title, but they do appear from time to time.

Price - Depending on condition - $2000 up.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 09:46:53 AM »
about 500 in good nick, not much of player or looker really
 *.*

%.% spamways is on the mark lol

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 10:21:58 AM »
Agree with Nino, but think the $2k will gradually creep up as this machine has it all IMO.

Have noticed a few nice examples on US ebay recently. There is not a bad one listed at the moment. Exchange rate is excellent at the moment, but shipping would be the killer.

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 10:35:27 AM »

C'Mon Greg - Its an AWESOME Player   *%*

You need to have a game on mine mate  ^^^

Offline braddo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 01:28:57 PM »
G'day all,

I am expecting a response of something in the way of " when Hell freezes over " but I shall ask anyway. Paragon???? What are my chances and what am I expected to pay, obviously condition dictating price.

Cheers,

Well the thing is the next Paragon that comes along is mine so your'e just gonna have to wait. :D
WTB (or possibly trade) - 1980 Stern ALI

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 03:11:58 PM »
G'day all,

Cheers,

Well the thing is the next Paragon that comes along is mine so your'e just gonna have to wait. :D

%.% %.% %.%

You are about the fifth person I know that has Paragon #1 on the wishlist.

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 06:45:08 PM »
I am one of the lucky members to have picked one up recently.Out of respect for the seller who does not want the purchase price made public, i will say i agree with Strangeways that $2000 would be a starting price.Before this purchase i was looking at getting one shipped from the USA,the one i was  looking at sold for around the $1700 us mark.After getting prices  all up landed here you can add another $1500.So all up including change over rates it was going to cost me around $3400 to $3500.I was bidding on a Joker Poker in top nick that sold on ebay not long before this came along,and i am glad i did not win it as i got what i consider a better machine for less than my max bid on the Joker Poker.Will be installing new bumper bodies,skirts and drop targets tomorrow,so will put up pics soon.I know someone who wanted one so bad he bought one from the USA and all up he was happy to pay $3500.I would love to see one in good nick go on ebay just to see what it would sell for as i am sure there would be a lot of interest in it.

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 11:18:48 PM »
I am one of the lucky members to have picked one up recently.Out of respect for the seller who does not want the purchase price made public, i will say i agree with Strangeways that $2000 would be a starting price.Before this purchase i was looking at getting one shipped from the USA,the one i was  looking at sold for around the $1700 us mark.After getting prices  all up landed here you can add another $1500.So all up including change over rates it was going to cost me around $3400 to $3500.I was bidding on a Joker Poker in top nick that sold on ebay not long before this came along,and i am glad i did not win it as i got what i consider a better machine for less than my max bid on the Joker Poker.Will be installing new bumper bodies,skirts and drop targets tomorrow,so will put up pics soon.I know someone who wanted one so bad he bought one from the USA and all up he was happy to pay $3500.I would love to see one in good nick go on ebay just to see what it would sell for as i am sure there would be a lot of interest in it.

Tony,

Forgot to say your Paragon was an originally imported new into Australia game - it came from the closed Wonderland (Sydney) amusement centre

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 12:12:10 AM »
Ive become so frustrated looking for a Paragon to sit next to my Lost World that ive decided to sell it once the cab has been restored.. The artwork on these 2 machines is simply stunning and if you can get both machines together then you have one very pretty line up   ^^^ ^^^

Offline greatwichjohn

• Forum Posts:
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 11:55:37 AM »
Prices are a lot lower in North America. A good one with wear is about $600 - $800. Minor wear about $1000 - $1200. I sold Paragon #1001 years ago, had a worn playfield, & a poor backglass (strange red ink). It was marked as a test sample & went to Newfoundland (about as remote as you can get by ferry in Canada). I have had 3, & wish to get one back. Probably the best wide body Bally of the time!
World leader in small production of pinball products using modern commercial uv inkjet technology.

Offline ricindahunting

• Forum Posts:
  • Rouse Hill
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2009, 08:55:08 AM »
There you go lads. One just sold a couple of miutes ago on evil bay in the USA for $730 Aussie dollars! Mc was in extremely good condition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Watching the auction was difficult and I now think I may need therapy. Back to the grind stone.............................................

Rich...............................

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2009, 08:59:11 AM »
There you go lads. One just sold a couple of miutes ago on evil bay in the USA for $730 Aussie dollars! Mc was in extremely good condition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Watching the auction was difficult and I now think I may need therapy. Back to the grind stone.............................................

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bally-Paragon-pinball-machine_W0QQitemZ110466459767QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item19b8506877

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2009, 11:03:24 AM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bally-Paragon-pinball-machine_W0QQitemZ110466459767QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item19b8506877

Jesus.  That's just awesome!

Things need to seriously change over here.  But as long as silly money keeps changing hands, they never will.

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2009, 11:29:40 AM »

A serious amount of planking in that playfield - one is right down the middle and the full length of the playfield. It looks like the Genie playfield I have in one of my machines - Looks HEAPS better in pictures.