Author Topic: My List of arcade shite!  (Read 1588 times)

Offline knight76

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Central Coast NSW Australia Earth
My List of arcade shite!
« on: January 20, 2010, 10:17:08 PM »
Over the last 6 months or so I have turned my attention to arcade and all its retro goodness. Over this time I have (with the help of the sale of a classic falcon) bought several pinball machines and a few video game cabinets as well.

So here is my list:

Roadshow - The first pin I bought, I think i bought this with the last of my redundancy from my previous job. They moved to the Philippines, I moved the roadshow from Rollerballs house to mine. Being my first pin I had no idea and bought this on cos it looked nice in the pics and everyone on the forum was saying how nice it was. So f**k it I bought it. Played the nuts off it for about 3 days straight, turned it on once and bzzzzzzzzzz pop no power. Hmm, great! So with the wife not impressed that our 2k investment is now useless I was able to get this one fixed fairly fast and it has not missed a bat since other than general upkeep. The issue was the bridge rectifier which is common. This pin really set the tone for the condition I was expecting from all my pins and really, I was spoiled with this one, thanks Rollerball  @@*

Theatre Of Magic - I picked this up from a local forum member that lives just 1km from me. He noticed I was buying pins and PM'd me to see if I was keen. I was, I headed over to check it out and played some games. Now at this stage of my pin buying career and having never really played pins as a kid I was more just buying pins willy nilly and if I liked the look, played a few games and liked it then deal done baby. The TOM was in nice condition and it was fun to play. I like the gimmick toys of DMD's and this one had the chest, the magnasave etc. I parted with the money and he delivered the pin. I still love it and wont be parting with it. Whilst at the sellers house I came within a flea's foreskin of buying his Indy whih was in fabulous condition. But my wife played a little pin by the name of Medieval Madness that was to change that plan, more on that later.....

Flintstones - Bought from a dealer in Melbourne site unseen except for ebay pics. MarkC was the dealer, the pin arrived fine as described and working well. I bought this one as Rollerball had one and it was his wifes favourite, my wife liked the theme so I parted with the green and ordered it. Another gimmick for this one is the way the ball rolls down behind the flippers and drops on either side of the flippers depending on the next shot you need to make.

Funhouse - Now this one was always going to be bought. My wife's favorite pin from yesteryear and this one is a pearler. Bought from forum member Hamish_NZ, yep my first imported pin. Hamish put it up on the forums for sale, stated how damn nice it was and many agreed, I had some PM's from people who had seen this first hand so I jumped on it. It cost more than probably the vast majority of other funhouse pins around, but damn it was worth it. Again, thanks Hamish for this one.

Medieval Madness - As soon as Karen played the MM when we were buying the TOM she looked at me and said we have to get one of these. Not deterred by the cost of a decent MM she was adamant so we set out looking for one. Pauls50's had one that looked quite nice. I sent emails to get pics of every nook and cranny to make sure it was fine as it was coming from Germany. After confirming it was nice, worked out a price and Paul put it on a plane. A very very nervous week or so later the pin arrived at my place to be eagerly unpacked. Everything was in order and she is a beaut. Never seller.

Party Zone - This one grabbed me because the head turns and follows the ball everywhere it goes. It also has a few other gimmicky toys like the dancing crash test dummy and the robotic comic. I really love this pin, it is pretty tough to play as the ball drains really easily, but it is just so damn entertaining.

Non pinball related arcade stuff:

Horizontal mame cab that was a neo geo cab. Set up for all the horizontal goodness mame has to offer.

Vertical mame cab the is a woody lowboy with vertically mounted computer monitor in it. Again, this one obviously to play all the vertical mamalicious games.

Final Lap 3 driving cab. Er, final lap 3 in a driving shaped cab. Plans to turn this in to a Daytona racer rather than spending the few thousand and buying a real one.  

« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 09:32:57 PM by knight76 »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: My List of arcade shite!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 10:26:03 PM »

In such a short time you have amassed quite a collection  ^^^

Very nice - and it is always good to hear the story behind every machine.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 11:33:52 PM »
Wow, that is impressive - one a month so far!

I bet you it was satisfying to be able to get that Roadshow going again.

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 12:26:26 AM »
Top job!  ^^^

I miss your XB though...  !!!
Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...

Offline knight76

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 08:56:43 AM »
Wow, that is impressive - one a month so far!

I bet you it was satisfying to be able to get that Roadshow going again.

Nah wasn't me, I took it to a local guy who fixes pins etc. I cant take the cred for that one.

The xb was geat, but at the end of the day, wasn't getting used. The arcade hobby suits me a lot more really. The pins get played fairly often by me, the missus and the kids so a lot better overall.

One a month is the average I guess, though really we bought about 4 of those in the space of two or three weeks. I have plans to add another this year though.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 10:39:22 AM »
Nice work, and a very understanding missus  *)*

Offline SPURR

• Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 03:44:06 PM »
Yes she is a understanding missus! At knight 76's last meet I pushed her off the Flintstones because I wanted a go on it and she didnt complain.

Offline knight76

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 07:52:28 PM »
Yes she is a understanding missus! At knight 76's last meet I pushed her off the Flintstones because I wanted a go on it and she didnt complain.

Ah, now it becomes clear, I was wondering why she was putting arsenic only in your potato bake!  #@#

Offline Zorn

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 10:02:01 PM »
That's quite a nice collection you have sir, I did start mine last year with a couple of arcade cabs, but had to sell due to financial woes :(

But hopefully will start again this year :)