Author Topic: Any Brisbane members here going to the Pinball machine sale on Saturday 19/12??  (Read 601 times)

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
As per the subject,

Anyone going to Brett's (Gameworx) /Devons Pinball machine sale this coming saturday????

Sale in a facory unit @ Wacol (Western suburbs).

I went to the last sale in Beenleigh a few years back, might be worth a look??
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Still undecided on this one... have no cash and nothing there for me either i reckon.. but might still take as trip out to the place

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
is there a list of the pins up for sale anywhere?
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Yeah I'm still undecided on going as well??

Kids have a birthday party saturday morning to attend??

It would be helpful if they posted up what's up for sale and prices etc... !@#
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline thefasteddy69

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Southern Highlands
Would be good if the list was freely available. Not sure if selling the list is a money maker and would actually act as an deterrent to people who if they spot something they liked and then decided to go on that basis.

Window shopping sells, otherwise shops would not have windows. Thats my point of view anyway.

By the way does anyone know if any auctions are coming up in Sydney as I missed the last one?

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Why sell a list on eBay ? Publicity ?

I don't follow that at all  !@#
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline McFly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Yeah I'm still undecided on going as well??

Kids have a birthday party saturday morning to attend??

It would be helpful if they posted up what's up for sale and prices etc... !@#

Hi Racefan.. How have you been.. I still have not got off my arse and bought a Pinball. I am on the trail of an Adams that may be coming up..
I am pretty sure if you buy the list you will not even have to pay for it.. I think the $1 is there as you can list anything less.. Send them an email and i am sure thye will send it to you.

I know there are quite a few machines up there at the moment.. I have to work so i wont be going..

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Yeh not sure on that one..... if you didnt have to buy the list then i would have put it on the Ebay description.. is a good way to advertise.

Im still in the camp that believes you have to pay for it and as such will not be attending... ive got enough pins to last me 5 years of restore - watching others buy some aint really entertainment...

Yeh alright.. i gotta work also

Offline McFly

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Work always seems to get in the way of anything fun.. but then without work you cant afford any fun..

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
I'm not going either..

I've got enough pins at the moment, pin funds very low. !!! !!!

Offline pistolpete78

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisneyland
Pretty sure if you email them they send you the list for free.  You can't list anything on Ebay with a $0 price - it's just a way of advertising.

I'm going to check it out.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
The gossip/info i hear from a local source who has been inside the wacol premises, is that there are around 4 containers of pinballs.
I am told half are old stuff (pre 80's) and the other half is 80 and 90's stuff. the $1 list is a advertising situation, which has worked well. I understand too that a email gets u the list.
I am also told that you can only visit during normal hours by appointment only (saves them having timewasters with no money just looking, and thieves from having a go with a forklift and a decent truck after checking the place out since it is in an industrial area).I have never met Devon or Brett but have heard nothing bad about them. I am told one of them does some resto work for the old fella who is trying to get the pinball museum up n going. ?

I am told prices are very attractive since they are loaded with lots n lots of pins.??

NOTE- Re other QLD sellers-pinballs.
It seems, just with the people i know, there are 5 different business people bringing in lots n lots of containers into Brisbane for the local and interstate market. And i know 4 of the 5 importers, and everything is selling like hotcakes.

The high turnover importers i know up here , are selling the machines "as is" (no rubbers, no globes, no nothing, literally as is) and providing a realistic description of the machines, and letting you go over it, from top to bottom, at cash now price. Some are doing short term laybys too.
This allows quick turn over without the labour intensive shopping with staff to pay etc for the importers. At least half of the stuff i continually see is junk.
But some of the importers "friends n followers", buy them, tart them up, bodge here and bodge up there, and resell to unsuspecting buyers on ebay and anywhere they can. The QLD pinball scene is realistically a wholesale affair of real roughies, even being polite, saying that.

HOWEVER, I do know of one importer up here, who deals in the "fully shopped professionally" pinballs who has only top shelf titles like Twilight Zone, Indianna Jones, Circus Voltaire, Addams Family etc etc, and the machines are fully shopped and re-decalled. And it is not anyone who has a shop, or is really well known. Most machines are sold on ebay or by word of mouth to serious collectors.This importer is a good friend of mine. Small numbers per year, but quality.

But pinball sales in QLD are certainly interesting to say the least. I say deal with people like Mark C in Melbourne, my good friend Martyn B in Qld, or anyone u know n trust. Quality rules with trustworthy people.

BUT WHATEVER YOU DO, JUST BUY MORE PINBALL MACHINES.
THERE ARE LOTS N LOTS OF LONELY PINBALL MACHINES WHO NEED LOVING CARING OWNERS.
THEY HAVE BEEN WITHOUT ELECTRICITY FOR TOOO LONG. THEY CRY AT NIGHT FOR A GAMESROOM TO BE PLACED INTO.

SAVE A PINBALL TODAY, YOU WILL FEEL BETTER TOMORROW. LOL !  ^^^  ^^^  ^^^  ^^^  ^^^  ^^^  ^^^

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
For Queensland guys - don't waste your time - just go and see Tony Turner from the Pinball Shed.

End of story  ^^^

Best priced pins in Australia with zero ego  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Illawarra, perhaps it would be a real waste of time if people wrote off, 4 out of the 5 other importers in QLD without at least trying them first.

Dont confuse ego with confidence and being positive. Thanks.   ^^^

« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 07:13:40 AM by caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !