Author Topic: Chase Weir - Professional idiot?  (Read 275 times)

Offline shansta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...
Chase Weir - Professional idiot?
« on: December 17, 2009, 05:46:44 PM »
Just reading about the "Freeway Horror" - for those who live under a rock, a Chase Weir (Allegedly male) managed to drive 50k's down a freeway with the cruise control jammed on - complete with hysterical cheerleader screaming on "000" - the whole nine yards. He even rang Ford for christsake! (Imagine being the helpdesk girl who copped that call!)

Of course once he stopped screaming - he actually remembered the ignition switch...

No - he couldn't put the car into neutral - no he couldn't turn the key off (For 54km)...

!!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@

I nominate this guy for a Darwin Award - "awarded to those who improve the gene-pool by removing themselves from it"

What a knob - what an pathetic excuse for a man! The worst part is - he obviously drives around here somewhere!  :tumble:
Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
Re: Chase Weir - Professional idiot?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 05:58:35 PM »
And he will probably get $50-100K in pain and stress from Ford from our court system.

Now I could buy some pins with that kinda $$
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 06:10:23 PM »
And he will probably get $50-100K in pain and stress from Ford from our court system.

Now I could buy some pins with that kinda $$

Compensated for being stupid - makes you glad to be alive!
Why is it called PMS?

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 08:23:21 PM »
Im glad im not the only one who feels this way shane.     And i find it strange that the police would advise to jump on the brakes and pull the handbrake instead of tell him to put it in neautral  !@#   !!@

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 08:58:29 PM »
Just reading about the "Freeway Horror" - for those who live under a rock, a Chase Weir (Allegedly male) managed to drive 50k's down a freeway with the cruise control jammed on - complete with hysterical cheerleader screaming on "000" - the whole nine yards. He even rang Ford for christsake! (Imagine being the helpdesk girl who copped that call!)

Of course once he stopped screaming - he actually remembered the ignition switch...

No - he couldn't put the car into neutral - no he couldn't turn the key off (For 54km)...

!!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@

I nominate this guy for a Darwin Award - "awarded to those who improve the gene-pool by removing themselves from it"

What a knob - what an pathetic excuse for a man! The worst part is - he obviously drives around here somewhere!  :tumble:

I agree with your sentiments but you are overlooking a couple of things. That vehicle 'locks' the ignition key once you put the car in gear and it is not physically possible to turn it to the off position - seconly (just to make it more interesting) once the vehicle is moving you cannot select neutral - I think (but don't know) that you CAN select a lower gear but it will not allow you to select neutral.

I don't think the issue is entirely his fault as the car has a lot of issues BUT he is surely a dickhead for phoning for help?????
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 09:37:14 PM »
I thought the elec locks are after '92? Anyway - so no key, no neutral.

Without seeing the car - two possibilities spring to mind.

1. The cruise disengage switch on the brake pedal (The obvious choice) has failed.

So what? Jump on the brakes to get it below 50kmh - cruise turns off automatically. (I think this is what he ended up doing)

2. The engine management computer hung? Don't think so. Pretty sure they use the same EEC(4,5or6?) system as Falc's and Terri's - so everything runs through the PCM/BCM (Powertrain and body control modules). It crashes - you get nothing, no fuel supply, no dashboard, no anything.

Again - even if it did somehow hang. Use right hand - reach down into fusebox and start rippin' - she won't go much further...

You don't know what this guy tried - now he's calmed down the story will be different for sure. (Have a listen to the audio - tell me he is thinking straight!)

I am not disputing that there is something wrong with the car - just this guys reaction & self control was a disgrace to mankind!

You wait for the shit to start.. Can't sleep, nightmares etc. etc. (Give me money please Mr Ford...)

VS. Plan B:

Ordinary dude has same problem. Looks at wife - says "shit - the cruise control is stuck", does the logical thing and jumps on the brake,stops the car. Tells a few friends who say "gee - you were lucky". Takes car to dealer to be fixed, nothing said.
I wonder how many of them there are out there? (A few judging by readers comments and not Ford Explorers either!)
Why is it called PMS?