Author Topic: First time players  (Read 172 times)

Offline punter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
First time players
« on: December 19, 2009, 07:03:37 PM »
We had our usual pre christmas get together at our house last night.Both of my 2 daughters boyfriends who have never played a pinball machine,both have the video games ect.Well i could not get them off once they started playing,it was a i got to beat your highest score thing that went non stop for hours and continued outside as they  were leaving.Both stoked in the machines ,and of course Paragon was the favourite for the night.Everyone had a good time and my uncle who had not played one for 30 years had a bash.What a great item to have in your house to pass the time away,does it get any better than this  @@*.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: First time players
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 12:50:48 AM »

Happens every year at my place - Nieces and nephews have all the fancy games - XBox, Wii, Playstations etc.. But when we have parties at my place, the pinballs get thrashed. Paragon is always the favorite. My soccer table always has "doubles" going, and my old man always likes "showing off" by playing American doubles. Considering he made the table in 1953, I guess he has the right to do as he pleases !

I love watching kids that have not played pinball before. Both flippers "flipping" in unison.. But they keep going until they have worked it out. Seems their generation is missing out.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline FirePower

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 08:54:50 AM »
I'm surprised you let your daughters go out with boys who have not played pin!

Q1.  "What's you favourite game?",  inappropriate answer from spotty faced pursuer of daughter, "move on son", interview over.  %.%

Offline Replicas

• Forum Posts:
  • North West England
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 10:10:14 AM »
Great story. #*#
Nothing better than watching someone play a pinball for the first time.
By the way, did they manage to get anywhere near your high score?
Darren.

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 01:54:56 PM »
Great story. #*#
Nothing better than watching someone play a pinball for the first time.
By the way, did they manage to get anywhere near your high score?
Darren.
Hey Darren,they played game after game and could not even crack 50k,but as the night went on they both cracked a 100k then 150k then both finished the night with their highest scores of around 180k.I have only had the machine for a little while and mine is around 250k.Cheers Tony.