Author Topic: STTNG Project pin in Mebourne, Anyone here bidding on this??  (Read 2571 times)

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland

now your out Leon  i might have a go at it

need some parts

Go for it mate ^^^
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline bossgp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Thinking about bidding on this just for the cabinet and hardware so is anybody interested in buying the playfield, boards and other stuff I won't need if I win it ?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
boss, it seems like an expensive way to get an empty cabinet. ?

i reckon with the boards not avail/working, ya not going to get much for ya money. espescially if it has wiring harness issues ?

bet someone else pays silly money for it but. gulp.they will need lots of time n energy.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pinfan

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
If you have the knowledge and know how to repair this machine and pick it up for say $1500 as a project i reckon with your time and effort plus the purchase of new boards and the odd coil and parts etc you could have a working STTNG for around $2500... ( $1000 spent on parts and being generous )

When was the last time a STTNG was sold for as low as $2500.... There were a couple that sold on fleabay for high $2k's but IIRC they had more playfield wear than this particular one....

Time and patience is the key here, if you have an abundance of both then this will be a steal !
Some people have big HEADS !

Offline bossgp

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
yep your right, I'm out then. I'll just build my own cabinet again, just thought vp in a real pinball cabinet would look good on say a 42inch lcd for a playfield and a 26 inch for the backglass..

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
anything under 2k  would be a cheap pick up for this one ,  but I think it will go for more

as you have seen recent sales  from home 3000 - 4000  and for a rebuilt one  4000 plus

ebay prices are interesting as this time of year anything can go cheap  then Like that roadshow I sold with no boards  went for more than i thought

then others here have paid 3k plus for as is ones straight out of containers
it all comes down to what work you want to do

but don't think you pay 3k  for a pin  give it a lick and a spit  then say its worth  5 k , as we all know there is allot of work to do when fixing them properly

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
current bid @ $1,025 with just over 8 hours to run
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline madness

• Forum Posts:
Crappy game,

If it goes for anywhere near 2g,you"d be better off getting a FT,DW,WW,TGaW,JD,TS,etc,in working condition and you could even have a game or two,

Just my opinion 

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
just under 4 hours .... still at 1025

Offline Pinfan

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Crappy game,

If it goes for anywhere near 2g,you"d be better off getting a FT,DW,WW,TGaW,JD,TS,etc,in working condition and you could even have a game or two,

Just my opinion 

I'm glad you stated that -that was your opinion....
Some people have big HEADS !

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
boss, it seems like an expensive way to get an empty cabinet. ?

i reckon with the boards not avail/working, ya not going to get much for ya money. espescially if it has wiring harness issues ?

bet someone else pays silly money for it but. gulp.they will need lots of time n energy.
I have seen this pin, all parts missing are available. The seller listed the pin as a project starting at 99c. Nothing looks hacked, only parts have been ratted to obviously get other pins working. He has over 200 pins in stock and no time to work on this as a project.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Went for $1825 - probably a fair price for both seller and buyer.

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Did anyone here win this project pin??? !@#

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
good one mark