Author Topic: NEW IDEAS FOR A NEW STERN PINBALL ???  (Read 1447 times)

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: NEW IDEAS FOR A NEW STERN PINBALL ???
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2010, 12:51:26 AM »
I think these days (struggling) Stern should be polling their pin suppliers around the world and ask "WHAT DO YOUR CUSTOMERS BUY" and stick with THAT theme, whether it's space, cars, or whatever....

Marketing Buck Hunter to the world would be like us trying to market Bathurst pinball to the world.
At least Bathurst could be re-badged in USA as Indi 500 and change the cars on the playfield ;-)

I guess we could fit a Kangaroo in place of the buck, and re-decal it as "Roo Hunter" ???

MM

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2010, 02:07:33 AM »
I think these days (struggling) Stern should be polling their pin suppliers around the world and ask "WHAT DO YOUR CUSTOMERS BUY" and stick with THAT theme, whether it's space, cars, or whatever....

Marketing Buck Hunter to the world would be like us trying to market Bathurst pinball to the world.
At least Bathurst could be re-badged in USA as Indi 500 and change the cars on the playfield ;-)

I guess we could fit a Kangaroo in place of the buck, and re-decal it as "Roo Hunter" ???

MM

Well said - it seems that Stern is very focused on the 'home' market rather than the big picture.............I could mention that that is pretty typical of American companies but I won't - Oh, I just did!
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Marty Machine

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2010, 02:25:22 AM »
Yep, don't mention that, whatever you do.....oops.

Offline MiCrO

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2010, 02:42:56 PM »
Maybe STERN should ask Brian Eddy to design one for them, he designed Medieval Madness and Attack from Mars, two very popular machines that didn't rely on a movie franchise. The money they save on paying royalties could go to Brian to come up with something original.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2010, 02:54:34 PM »
I wonder if Mark C got anywhere with Certigy or HSBC etc with finance packages for New Stern Pinballs or any other machines (hint hint mr mark).  !@#

!@#       !@#         !@#         !@#            !@#           !@#            !@#              !@#             !@#                  !@#                !@#                     !@#

its good to see i was wrong about big buck hunter and its selling well. well done STERN.  moonshine and weapons always go together well !   ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 02:56:43 PM by caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2010, 07:47:07 PM »
have chased it up and waiting on a few things ...

will advise  once we have it sorted

was trying to have it for the LOTRs LE   but just couldnt make it  and they are selling fast . another went on saturday