Author Topic: Jolly Backer Leaves Stern...  (Read 527 times)

Offline Pinballace

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Jolly Backer Leaves Stern...
« on: January 06, 2010, 03:45:48 AM »
Looks like another valued employee of Stern has left.  Reading between the lines I'd say the new investors pushed him out more than he left.

http://pinballnews.com/news/stern5.html

The ramp business was very very good to me.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Jolly Backer Leaves Stern...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 06:34:28 AM »
I read this quote from the same USA pinball news mailer, see below.

quote-
There is one project we can guarantee won't arrive on schedule, since it is still sitting in the sidings outside Melbourne.  For yet another year, there have been no machines produced by The Pinball Factory and no indications of any progress on their proposed remakes of Medieval Madness and Cactus Canyon. Despite our initial hopes, we have to conclude that these will never in fact be produced.

It seems the guys in the USA know our friend as well as we do. lol   %.%  %.%  %.%

ohhh, wheres my crocodile dundee pinball machine, i have only been waiting ...... snnnrrrrrr.lol
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 08:43:17 AM by caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 11:09:57 PM »

ohhh, wheres my crocodile dundee pinball machine, i have only been waiting ...... snnnrrrrrr.lol

Mate, it's been so long you forgot it's actually Cocodile Hunter! (In name if not in fact seeing it'll never be built! :)

Although come to think of it, it was probably announced about the time Paul Hogan was at the peak of his career! ;)
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 11:54:56 PM »
I am working on a very secret "new release" myself. Ssssshhhh, dont tell anyone.

I am calling it "Wanyes World". What sets this machine off, is the fact it has a 4 foot Goose as a topper and during multiball, u can choke the goose with both hands. I reckon it will be a top seller in Melbourne and the rest of Australia. Even the yanks might like to "get their hands on it". lol

$#$  $#$

yeh, my bad, crocodile hunter, not dundee. doh !

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 12:07:47 AM »
I am working on a very secret "new release" myself. Ssssshhhh, dont tell anyone.

I am calling it "Wanyes World". What sets this machine off, is the fact it has a 4 foot Goose as a topper and during multiball, u can choke the goose with both hands. I reckon it will be a top seller in Melbourne and the rest of Australia. Even the yanks might like to "get their hands on it". lol

$#$  $#$

Lol Cavie - just spat coffee over the laptop, thanx for that!  #*#

Will the new machine have a legal theme? Julia Roberts in a business suit on the (inkjet printed) backglass?
Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 07:57:26 PM »

Will the new machine have a legal theme? Julia Roberts in a business suit on the (inkjet printed) backglass?

Now come on guys, stop being meanies!!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 10:10:22 PM »

Now come on guys, stop being meanies!!

You are absolutely correct! I apologize to all and unreservedly withdraw the work "inkjet"...  !@)
Why is it called PMS?

Offline pinball-collector

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 09:34:46 PM »

$#$  $#$

HA HA HA   THAT IS A CLASSIC " WANYES WORLD "  :lol :lol :lol  been a while,,l forgot about those so called machines..Glad l never put any deposits on any!!

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 09:52:00 PM »
HA HA HA   THAT IS A CLASSIC " WANYES WORLD "  :lol :lol :lol  been a while,,l forgot about those so called machines..Glad l never put any deposits on any!!

Most of that crap was "before my time" - did anybody actually pay a deposit on the (3?) different "projects"? Was it 3? MM, CC, and Croc?
Why is it called PMS?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 12:32:18 AM »

Most of that crap was "before my time" - did anybody actually pay a deposit on the (3?) different "projects"? Was it 3? MM, CC, and Croc?

Croc was never more than a whitewood (might have been two of them I think). I recall someone commenting that Coconut Island was more progressed, and that was quite some time ago.. ;) Tragically, Steve Irwin died, and some thought the announcement within a few hours of the suspension of that game production was somewhat, um, interestingly timed.

Deposits were apparently taken for the MM rerun.. .. Well, the promise of an MM re-run I suppose to be correct, as to date nothing has shown up. Don't think deposits were taken for the CC promise.

I suspect if you read RGP you'll have seen mention in the last few days of the failure to show a single game by the end of 2009, which was apparently a date in a radio interview when "some" games would "absolutely" have been produced.

Who knows, now that Christmas is over, perhaps the elves will be able to lend a (little) hand over there?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 12:42:51 AM »
yeh, i heard he had a night shift of elves working his inkjet printer.  %.%  %.%

.. but the gossip i hear, is that even the elves have gone on strike for unpaid wages and undelivered promises.

when the union delegate walked in and approached what he thought was the head elf, he spoke to the "man" himself.

The union delegate said  "sorry mate, u are only 4 ft tall too, i thought u were one of the munchkins, my bad".  $#$

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 12:21:09 PM »
There was a whitewood sitting on the showroom floor when I was there - didn't pay much attention to it...
Why is it called PMS?

Offline Mr Tilt

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2010, 07:59:13 PM »
The Fat F**K is eating KFC
Cant stand him!

Oh I forgot the latest news - New Release AFM, MB reruns - deposits required asap ready in 2020!

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2010, 10:44:46 AM »
sadly back on topic a good man Jolly Backer has left Stern .  We will be meeting up with him at expo for a chat .
he will be sadly missed at stern and pspa  wish him all the best in whatever de decides to do

good luck mate

mark