Author Topic: PRICE THIS LIST FOR ME !  (Read 2267 times)

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
Re: PRICE THIS LIST FOR ME !
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 06:07:20 PM »
Guns n Roses 4$
Creature Black Lagoon  3200$
Next Generation 3200$
Circus Voltaire  4500$
Addams family  3500$
Fishtales  2300$
Jackbot  2$
Roadshow  2200$
Dr Who  2300$
No Fear  2$
Indianna Jones-orig  3200$
Twilight Zone  4500$

Values are down, but the exy stuff doesnt suffer much of the price decline.
Dealer prices much different of course.

Hey Extrabell,

don't you reckon these prices are on the low side?

I would buy halve of these at those prices...

Cheers Angelo

I reckon I'm pretty close, but sellers will get more or less money, just lotsa variables to consider.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 10:06:37 PM »
I got to admit, i reckon almost ALL of these prices are way too low (forgetting the cheapie machines mentioned). AND I AM NOT EVEN SELLING ANY, JUST BUYING.

But, its early days. Alot more forum members will have their say too i hope. I reckon most people (including me) will pay alot more for a title they want.

Sometimes i think people dont like to admit what they really would pay in case someone says you paid too much. I couldnt see any dealer selling any machines for these prices at all, espescially redecalled, or they would go very broke. Who would sell machines at these prices, in top condition, redecalled ? give me their phone number, quick ! lol ( i think even some of the dealers would jump at these prices ).

I reckon the market has moved on ALOT this last 12 months. I think most of these prices mentioned are 12 months old.
I will do the list myself and say what i reckon the machines are worth. Espescially redecalled. The decals alone are $250 to $300 to buy.
I dont know anyone who will redecall a machine professionally for under $500 labour bare minimum,that adds a good $800 alone.

The prices i thought i would see based on top fully shopped machines i have seen sold recently, would be more like -

Guns n Roses $4500 to 5500
Creature Black Lagoon  $3500 to 4500
Next Generation $4000 to 5500
Circus Voltaire  $5000 to 6000
Addams family  $5500
Fishtales  $3000 to 4000
Jackbot  $ dont know it at all
Roadshow  $2500 to 3000
Dr Who  $3000 to 4200
No Fear  $3500 to 4500
Indianna Jones-orig  $5000 to 6500
Twilight Zone  $5500 to $7000

Remember, i originally said, top condition, redecalled. I thought these were more like the real prices i expected and have seen for plug in and play machines, not projects..
Look at that Addams Family that one of our members did a full resto on, and the machine came up like brand new with a list of new parts as long as your arm
I would have happily paid 5500 for that all day long.  Anyways, i thought alot of the prices were way too low.  !@#  !@#  !@# i could be wrong.
After all, its worth what its worth to the individual  ^^^  keep ya estimates coming but. it all helps.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 10:09:07 PM by caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 11:13:38 PM »
Cavey you can have my FT and Dr Who for 6k. They are not mint, not 100%, but thats your lower estimate price.
 *%*

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2010, 11:27:11 PM »
Cavey you can have my FT and Dr Who for 6k. They are not mint, not 100%, but thats your lower estimate price.
 *%*

%.%

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2010, 11:30:40 PM »
 *%*

If they are in TOP condition AND look redecalled or have been, u would get it.
Put it this way, alot of people, who are selling or letting go of machines that they have now, that are in really good condition, with really good playfields, are going to regret it in the next few years. Prices have to keep climbing. The old days (even the prices of 12 months ago) are gone.
All it takes is a trip to Europe, to see what SMALL stocks are left, and the condition, to realise, that smart operators like our good friends in melbourne, who have bought up stock with a good number of containers grabbed,are switched on, and u realise that stocks are very limited.

Everyone forgets, that they only ever made limited numbers of these machines. Look at Monster Bash, and titles like Cactus Canyon, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Attack from Mars, etc etc. It wasnt only but 24 months ago, u could buy them, and ALOT cheaper than u can today, IF someone will let that title go. Those titles have risen dramatically.

I know, people think i am mad, BUT i would be saving every single cent and buying every dam pinball machine i could get my hands on, and keeping it and never let it go. Its easy for me to think this, cause i have studied the pricing over the last 4 years, and let me tell u, it aint ever going to get cheaper ever again, PRICES will keep rising and rising, they have to.

If i had an extra 50 grand to spend right now, i would reverse a truck up to Marks front door, go inside, have a cup of tea and do some buying.
In a year or two, i reckon people will not think i am mad. I am not waiting to see what the market does. I am getting in now whilst i can afford to. In a few years, I might not be able to. This is a great hobby, but also a serious investment if ya save ya dollars n use them i reckon.  ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2010, 11:31:45 PM »
Can we just clear something up about "decals" and "redecaled"

The games were never decaled to begin with.  The art was screen printed.

Does a faded out IJ or FT look good with decals?.  Absolutely!.  Is it bringing it back to original?. No.

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2010, 11:38:31 PM »

I know, people think i am mad, BUT i would be saving every single cent and buying every dam pinball machine i could get my hands on, and keeping it and never let it go. Its easy for me to think this, cause i have studied the pricing over the last 4 years, and let me tell u, it aint ever going to get cheaper ever again, PRICES will keep rising and rising, they have to.

Supply and demand Cavey!

Prices have been stagnant or even dropping in the USA of late.

The more that are imported into AU, the more the market gets flooded.  Especially when the majority are B, C and D titles

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2010, 11:42:16 PM »
Rod, i know u are always a positive supporter of me.not .lol. but thats ok.

I use the term redecalled meaning that u would purchase say decals from Mark or IPB in the states and redecal a machine with faded or damaged cabinets.
I dont know of any person who would buy a pinball machine that has bad cabinet damage all over it, and bad fade, that wouldnt pay to have it redone, or purchase a machine that is not damaged and pay more for it. If it was originally a screened cabinet job, what r u going to do, rescreen it and go n buy a printing press or get decals done. Its not about decals or screenprinting. its about presenting the machine as close as to new as u can using new parts, balls,leg protectors, a new dmd screen etc.  I am talking about shopped machines, not projects to be left untouched for the sake of "keeping it original". Different buyer. Different market i feel.

After all, we want to show our machines in the best condition we can have them.
Are u saying u have never replaced a part or upgraded something on your machines to make them look better. Would you honestly leave broken slingshot plastics on a pin to keep it original etc. thats ok, if u wouldnt. Thats your personal choice and i will never argue with that.
I was trying to keep things positive about the future of this great hobby.  ^^^ regarding the USA, every pinball they send here will never go back, that i will bet money on. we have been insulated from the world financial market alot more than other countries. I know people who are buying pinball machines because they feel they are a good investment. As one real estate agent said to me the other day, and he dont even play pinball. He said " I shld have bought these machines 3 years ago when i had the chance, but i just bought them this year, and they cost me double".

« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 11:46:55 PM by caveoftreasures »

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2010, 11:48:32 PM »
Cavey, what you said above is on the money.  No doubt about that.

I guess i was just informing those who didn't realise they were originally screened and not decaled.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2010, 11:51:23 PM »
fair enough. i misread u.  ^^^

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2010, 09:06:02 AM »
The so called "A" titles have been selling slightly cheaper, the mid to low range titles are bargains at the moment, and have taken big price drops. I agree that now is a great time to buy machines. I attribute all this to the fact that we were flooded with container upon container in 2009. Sellers have to compete harder when the market is flooded. I have not heard that europe is running dry, infact europe was hit hard financially so they are selling machines at bargain basement prices. This cant last, and europe will dry-up (but who knows when), then we will start to see prices flatten out, and maybe even appreciate. Also I dont believe we have seen the bottom of the price cycle yet. We as the consumer set the price for machines. If there are heaps around we get choosey, and if they scarce we compete to buy.

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2010, 09:35:32 AM »
I agree that prices will drop further before they rise. Over the Christmas period I knew of 10 containers entering into the country. Not including the pins brought in from the big sellers in Melbourne, I know of 300+ pins that are destined for our shores. Unless droves of new people take up this hobby then I see prices continually falling.Collectors are becoming fussier as they get "better quality" for the same price they were paying 2 years ago. The prices I listed in my post were not approximate guesses but factual sales for these pins (bar CV and creature which I have not acquired). There are still heaps of pins in Europe. The titles that are increasing in value are the older classic ss pins, dmds however????? who knows.............I want them to rise in value too, I have over 30 of my own.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2010, 10:28:53 AM »
I think that prices will rise for ALL pinball machines over time if you take a medium to longer term view.

Sure there will be short-term market fluctuations but generally speaking if something is in short supply and collectible it will rise in value over the years if the condition is maintained (the caveat being if we run out of parts with which to fix our pinball machines).

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2010, 11:16:15 AM »
Guns n Roses 4$
Creature Black Lagoon  3200$
Next Generation 3200$
Circus Voltaire  4500$
Addams family  3500$
Fishtales  2300$
Jackbot  2$
Roadshow  2200$
Dr Who  2300$
No Fear  2$
Indianna Jones-orig  3200$
Twilight Zone  4500$

Values are down, but the exy stuff doesnt suffer much of the price decline.
Dealer prices much different of course.

Hey Extrabell,

don't you reckon these prices are on the low side?

I would buy halve of these at those prices...

Cheers Angelo

would have to agree Ang

I always find these threads funny and interesting
 whats a game worth  = its worth what the buyer thinks its worth since his the one holding the cash
(the seller can always say no)

i think most guys  put  prices for what they want to buy a game for,
 but I think the question should be...... what would you sell your games for

as stated by EB
fishtales 2300    but he would sell his for 3000

so whats it worth

maybe you guys can price these two games for me?

Fishtales for sale-
game cost me 2700 dollars  when I brought it
have added-

all boards working 100%
has new-
plastic set
new ramp
wire ramps chromed
playfield re clear coated
new cab art
new legs
new coin door
new lock down bar
new dome topper
NOS ball shooter handle
New DMD
new side rails
new flipper buttons
new start button
all new posts
new trim set
remote battery pack

so whats it worth

Funhouse for sale
my cost 2000

have added
all boards working 100%
has new-
plastic set
new ramp
new playfield (IPB)
new cab art
new legs
new coin door
new lock down bar
new protector sets
2x NOS ball shooter handle Assemblies
New pinled display
new side rails
new flipper buttons
new start button
all new posts
new trim set
remote battery pack
new playfield glass

so what's it worth?

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2010, 11:29:20 AM »
Greg its worth what you can get for it. A collector is more likely to appreciate all the work and new parts put into it.
I would love to own your FT. Dont sell it!  %$%

My FT plays sweet, and looks pretty decent. It cost me 2100, and I havent spent a cent on it, well apart from LEDs.
My Dr Who cost me 1950, it needs one button repaired on the mini PF (works intermittantly, gives error on start-up) but other than that is a good machine. Point is, that machines do not need to cost alot for them to be in decent/good playable nick.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 11:34:37 AM by Extra Ball »