Author Topic: Suggestions: Google Maps Mashup of pinball sites...  (Read 769 times)

Offline acefreemok

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Suggestions: Google Maps Mashup of pinball sites...
« on: January 22, 2010, 12:09:34 AM »
My suggestion is creating a google mashups site of where people can list where pinballs are located.
I've seen a number of user generated google maps mashups, unfortunately my skills fall just short of creating it myself...

I did a bit of searching... This site shows how to do this pretty much simply by entering the details onto a google spreadsheet...  http://mapalist.com/

However, i'd assume there would be ways to make this more user friendly and useful... 

Features could include:
Comments about the site
Comments about the pinballs
A time stamp or a time limit on additions to ensure information remains relevant
A rating system on the quality of pinballs.

Done well, I would use it often and would contribute. I'd expect operators would also contribute if it meant driving people to the pinnies...

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Re: Suggestions: Google Maps Mashup of pinball sites...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 10:39:02 AM »
Dont know how much work is involved but I have seen these maps, a different forum I'm a member of has one for meeting points for dirtbike riding.  Good idea, I think only one person can moderate it though and people have to send through links or co-ordinates to generate a new pointer