Author Topic: Pinball Tip  (Read 215 times)

Offline PinPal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball
Pinball Tip
« on: March 24, 2011, 10:07:34 PM »
I had a small bug creep into my Williams Getaway this week, when I got to multiball mode the CPU would crash and re boot (switch off and power up).  ^&^  I trobleshooted it tonight and went over every connector, unplugged and re seated them including the ribbon cables. Now when I get back to multiball mode the game does not crash anymore  #*#  Unplugging and reseating the connectors cleans the pins and deters bugs from creeping in to the game.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 01:30:31 AM by PinPal »

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Pinball Tip
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 11:13:25 PM »
I had a small bug creep into my Williams Getaway this week, when I got to multi ball mode the CPU would crash and re boot (switch off and power up).  ^&^  I trouble-shotted it tonight and went over every connector unplugged and re seated them including the ribbon cables. Now when I get back to multi ball mode the game does not crash anymore  #*#  Unplugging and reseating the connectors cleans the pins and deters bugs from creeping in to the game.

+1, resistance build up and/or simply loose connectors are a great place to start whenever odd behaviour starts.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”