Author Topic: *PURCHASE HAS TURNED TO CRAP.  (Read 8884 times)

Offline markc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
Re: BEWARE BAD SELLER. *PURCHASE HAS TURNED TO CRAP.
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2010, 10:49:58 AM »

, for as much as I hate paypal  I am glad you can get your money back  if needed

Now - I am NOT going to bang on about it but there are some PP things that simply are not understood by most users. If you read the PP user agreement there IS NO PROMISE OR GUARANTEE that you will get you money back AT ALL! It is entirely at their discretion. What they 'really' mean is that you will get it back ONLY IF PP can get it back from the seller. If he has emptied his account and cancelled the connected bank account/credit card you are STUFFED!

PP ARE NOT an insurance company - they do not promise anything - this is so mis-understood and pepertuated by LIES told by eBay and PP themselves. PP DO NOT refund money from their own account.

I truly hope you do get it back in this case but if you don't there is SFA you can do about it.

PP are NOT safe and are FAR from the best payment method. They are a con and a rip-off! Oh, did I mention they tell lies?

Mike

mate I agree PP is a rip off and so on ,
our new web site will have other options

in this case I hope it works out for Brett

mark

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2010, 11:09:38 AM »

, for as much as I hate paypal  I am glad you can get your money back  if needed

Now - I am NOT going to bang on about it but there are some PP things that simply are not understood by most users. If you read the PP user agreement there IS NO PROMISE OR GUARANTEE that you will get you money back AT ALL! It is entirely at their discretion. What they 'really' mean is that you will get it back ONLY IF PP can get it back from the seller. If he has emptied his account and cancelled the connected bank account/credit card you are STUFFED!

PP ARE NOT an insurance company - they do not promise anything - this is so mis-understood and pepertuated by LIES told by eBay and PP themselves. PP DO NOT refund money from their own account.

I truly hope you do get it back in this case but if you don't there is SFA you can do about it.

PP are NOT safe and are FAR from the best payment method. They are a con and a rip-off! Oh, did I mention they tell lies?

Mike

mate I agree PP is a rip off and so on ,
our new web site will have other options

in this case I hope it works out for Brett

mark

I sure hope it works out for him as well. What annoys me the most about PP is the blatent lies they tell about their so called protection - it is one big CON - I don't really have an issue with their over the top fees or even their less than favourable exchange rates it's the constant "you are ONLY safe if you use PP" that bugs me because it just isn't true!
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Mr Tilt

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2010, 07:47:02 PM »

lost $430 from Paypal who did not believe me that i sent some collectible banknotes to Thailand. buyer took the goods and the money. i hate them but you need the bastards for international purchases

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2010, 10:22:38 PM »
Any progress/news Brett?  !@#
Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: *PURCHASE HAS TURNED TO CRAP.
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2010, 11:28:18 PM »
UPDATE -
The sellers wife, has telephoned me several times over the last few days and has advised me that several problems had occured at their end. The seller has admitted that a lack of communication from their end had made the problem worse.

1. the machine has been sited/ located on a arcade style site in a shopping centre that was shut for an unknown reason and that they could not get access to their/the machine.
2. they were behind in their day to day business committments due to a private/family matter.
3. the customs/quarrantine people have fumigated the machine for international shipping but the pallet the machine had been placed on, was not fumigated/acceptable so another plastic/resin heat treated quarrantine friendly pallet had to be swapped out. The machine had to be half unpacked/restraped to the new pallet etc. this took time. new paperwork had to be submitted etc.
4. the machine is supposed to be loaded on monday or tuesday by the freight company at the docks
5. my taxfile/ABN details had to be supplied to the freight forwarder company for the importing part/taxes to Australian relevant dept/peoples.

Overall, I have been now given reasonable information which beats the "in a few days" treatment which went on for almost a month since parting with my hard earnt $.
We will see if the paperwork and relevant info is forth coming as promised, early next week. I have my fingers n toes crossed. I want this new toy bad.  *%*
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 12:51:14 AM by caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2010, 12:16:15 AM »
My fingers will be crossed for you as that machine looks pretty cool

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2010, 12:38:10 AM »
My fingers will be crossed for you as that machine looks pretty cool

I agree - it looks GREAT! BUT - as a seller I certainly would NOT be shipping it if someone had just made a PP chargeback and the dosh had been ripped from my account!!!!!!

Think about that for a moment.

I would simply be saying "transfer the REAL money (not funny PP fake money) to my REAL bank account and I'll get it shipped - otherwise BUGGER OFF!

Put yourselves in the sellers shoes - why on earth would they ship now that eBay/PP has become involved in the money????

If I were the seller I would take the neg on eBay and forget about it!

Sorry Brett - I know you don't want to hear that but I don't see any other outcome at this point!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2010, 12:45:51 AM »
Mike, dont forget, these people have had my hard earnt $ for over a month. When i was not contacted, they left me with no choice.
However, after they did phone me, I bravely canned the paypal dispute, their account is no longer on hold, and they are free to continue on with sending the machine. I will say, however, i got more action the moment their paypal account was frozen, than i had in the previous month.

If i dont get the machine, i will simply reverse the credit card transaction via my bank. I am more confident after speaking with the owner of the business and the freight forwarder who also phoned me.  Cross ya fingers.  ^^^

« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 12:48:12 AM by caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2010, 10:25:22 AM »
It should all work out in the end mate, just keep the pressure on them. ^^^
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2010, 10:45:43 AM »

Sounds like some progress is being made - which is great. I find Point 3 a little strange;

3. the customs/quarrantine people have fumigated the machine for international shipping but the pallet the machine had been placed on, was not fumigated/acceptable so another plastic/resin heat treated quarrantine friendly pallet had to be swapped out. The machine had to be half unpacked/restraped to the new pallet etc. this took time. new paperwork had to be submitted etc.

Fumigation is done when the machine arrives in Port. You CAN have it fumigated at the port of origin, but if the fumigation service is not approved by AQIS, they will request it be fumigated again to Australian standards. You should confirm with the Freight Forwarder - If they fill out the paperwork correctly - the "Declaration of Packaging", then it is quite possible that it will not have to be fumigated.

Bottom line - It is your choice on whether the game is fumigated. If they say it is fumigated - request the paperwork. They can provide you a PDF within hours.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2010, 10:52:01 AM »

good luck brett , i hope it arrives . if you keep talking direct to them  rather than email it will help
i always find over the phone much better .

mark

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2010, 06:21:21 PM »
Strangeways, i asked for the item to be fumigated at their end as per advice i recieved in Australia. Because mainly of the high wood content of the item and also the wood packaging. I was told it had to be fumigated, prior to arriving in Australia. I was told that it will not be allowed to be released from the Australian bond store unless fumigation certificate was provided by USA. (isnt it too late to fumigate a container against bugs n stuff if u let it land on australian soil, without killing the bugs first. wouldnt the bad bugs just crawl off when the container arrives. i thought the horse would have bolted by then, hence the bugspray b4 it leaves usa). ?

Also, the machine is sharing a container with alot of other peoples items. Perhaps this also had something to do with it. I am no expert, just the dummy who has handed over money and is relying on so called other experts. This is not sometihing i do very often, relying on others, i mean. I run a tight ship with my business and usually only deal with people who can give me straight answers and educated advice. It seems importing something from the uSA wasnt one of them. lol  !@#

my fingers n toes are still crossed all goes well.

Hey, it might be good for someone who has a decent amount of experience to post a new thread about bringing stuff in from Europe or the USA.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 06:25:11 PM by caveoftreasures »

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2010, 08:11:12 PM »
Brett, that thing is HUGE!!!!!
SC.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2010, 08:57:53 PM »
Strangeways, i asked for the item to be fumigated at their end as per advice i recieved in Australia. Because mainly of the high wood content of the item and also the wood packaging. I was told it had to be fumigated, prior to arriving in Australia. I was told that it will not be allowed to be released from the Australian bond store unless fumigation certificate was provided by USA. (isnt it too late to fumigate a container against bugs n stuff if u let it land on australian soil, without killing the bugs first. wouldnt the bad bugs just crawl off when the container arrives. i thought the horse would have bolted by then, hence the bugspray b4 it leaves usa). ?

Also, the machine is sharing a container with alot of other peoples items. Perhaps this also had something to do with it. I am no expert, just the dummy who has handed over money and is relying on so called other experts. This is not sometihing i do very often, relying on others, i mean. I run a tight ship with my business and usually only deal with people who can give me straight answers and educated advice. It seems importing something from the uSA wasnt one of them. lol  !@#

my fingers n toes are still crossed all goes well.

Hey, it might be good for someone who has a decent amount of experience to post a new thread about bringing stuff in from Europe or the USA.

Hmmm..

I've brought in single machines and a container from Europe. Neither were fumigated. If the supplier states in his packing declaration that he used cardboard and NOT wood for packing, then you do not need to fumigate. In August 2009, there was a new condition - a "Plastic Wrap" declaration = No plastic wrap around the machines. Not sure if and how this is enforced. Because my supplier filled out the paperwork correctly, Customs passed my goods without fumigation. Customs can inspect and demand the fumigation be done.

I'd say yours had to be fumigated because of the possibility of "cross contamination" - and so that the supplier / Freight Forwarder can make money.

AQIS can demand the container be fumigated - regardless of your paperwork. Items from Asia are almost always fumigated - furniture / bamboo etc..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2010, 09:06:19 PM »
I used to have my containers from China fumigated due to wooden pallets (it is mainly the packing they are worried about and more so it it has bark on it).

These days I spend a few extra dollars and buy re-cycled plastic pallets. No fumigation, no interest from AQIS and I have a guy here that pays me $25 each for them after I unload them. YAY - beer money for free!