Author Topic: Pinball sites in Melbourne  (Read 1414 times)

Offline acefreemok

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Pinball sites in Melbourne
« on: January 21, 2010, 01:37:37 PM »
What sites in Melbourne are good for pinball?

I love pinball but it's very hard to find decent machines.

Particularly interested in Star Trek next generation, dracula or any really good pinballs...

Cheers

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Pinball sites in Melbourne
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 01:52:31 PM »

%)% to AP !

Crown probably have a few. If you are looking to "try before you buy" - try the dealers first - Check our Sponsor's section.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 02:25:14 PM »
The airport

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 04:51:18 PM »
 %)% feel free to post in the 'introduce yourself' section here:
http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?board=2.0  $!&

Offline acefreemok

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 07:11:04 PM »
Last time I went to Galactic Circus at Crown they had no pinballs. Apart from that I've seen one or two lame pinballs inside Crown itself.
And I'm on the wrong side of town for the airport.

i was kind of hoping there was some kind of google maps mashup which lists locations of pinnies in Melb...

Offline Mr Tilt

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 10:10:00 PM »
Princess Entertainment Centre
Princess Hwy Caulfield.Carnegie next to Rosstown Hotel

afm
tom
taf
ij

Offline swampy76

• Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 10:25:00 PM »
Last time I went to Galactic Circus at Crown they had no pinballs. Apart from that I've seen one or two lame pinballs inside Crown itself.
And I'm on the wrong side of town for the airport.

i was kind of hoping there was some kind of google maps mashup which lists locations of pinnies in Melb...

Mate, your best bet really is to head to the snazzy showrooms of the pinball retailers (markc, mr pinball etc). Haven't seen them myself but the guys seem more than happy to show you around and probably have a few games to get that fix.

On a separate note, I've been thinking...... &&  Why couldn't we start a website that does exactly what acefreemok is looking for? There's probably enough people on this forum alone to put a decent list together for most of the capital cities and some of the larger regional areas. Food for thought. I am web site 'development illiterate' but happy to look into it. Points? Thoughts?

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 11:12:23 PM »
My top 3 "value for money" sited pins to play in Melbourne are;

1.CFTBL - High St, Thornbury = $2 will give you 3credits, an achievable replay target of 134k and has NEVER failed on me once (ie - lost balls, level playfield, etc..).

2.SS - Edward St, Reservoir - Great machine, although you only get 2credits per $2 coin. 30k replay is quite challenging.

3.TOTAN - Lygon St, East Brunswick - This machine was the best one in Melbourne, prior to its current location now. Its flippers have been tweaked and the ball tends to bounce alot. The playfield leans to the left and I’ve had a couple of balls stuck (once behind the genie).
Other than that, 3credits per $2 coin.

Forget going to the Airport. Coin mechs are rooted on some machines (TZ) and you only get one credit per $2 coin. TOM is probably the best one there, though the security guards/airline personal will question you, once you pass through the scanner, heading towards a gate with no plane!!
Just smile and say "I’m here to play pinball"
Don't forget your car park bill to consider = expensive.

The Cue in Fitzroy = too dark in that joint and music can be of bother when it's loud.

Where are you based in Melbourne??

Would you like to play a CV in Werribee??

What about FT in Fitzroy?

SC.

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 11:14:37 PM »

we have lately had a few guys in who have asked to hire the showroom for a hour just to play pinball

a simple coffee  will do  , seems they knew of my coffees  already ...

we have over 50 plus pins  incl  2 BBB  ,spiderman black  and  heaps more
and as of tomorrow we will have one Big buck hunter on the floor  

Offline acefreemok

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 11:56:02 PM »

On a separate note, I've been thinking...... &&  Why couldn't we start a website that does exactly what acefreemok is looking for? There's probably enough people on this forum alone to put a decent list together for most of the capital cities and some of the larger regional areas. Food for thought. I am web site 'development illiterate' but happy to look into it. Points? Thoughts?
[/quote]

Okay I did a bit of searching... This site shows how to do this pretty much simply by entering the details onto a google spreadsheet...  http://mapalist.com/

However, i'd assume there would be ways to make this more user friendly and useful... 
I'm going to start a new thread in the suggestions forum for the site...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 12:05:38 AM by acefreemok »

Offline acefreemok

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 11:57:35 PM »

Where are you based in Melbourne??

Would you like to play a CV in Werribee??

I'm in Cheltenham. I would only go to Werribee if I knew there were a good working Star Trek Next Gen pinball.
Perhaps a Dracula. Is there any Draculas anywhere in Melbourne? That was a great pin.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 12:10:11 AM by acefreemok »

Offline Pinball Fixers

• Forum Posts:
  • Montrose, VIC
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2010, 11:03:39 PM »
There's a Fish Tales at the Bush Inn in Malvern... I know the guy who looks after it  #@#

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 12:40:52 AM »
There's a Fish Tales at the Bush Inn in Malvern... I know the guy who looks after it  #@#

Cool.

Does anyone know where a T2 may be located on site in Melbourne??
SC.

Offline solar value

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 10:50:56 PM »

1.CFTBL - High St, Thornbury = $2 will give you 3credits, an achievable replay target of 134k and has NEVER failed on me once (ie - lost balls, level playfield, etc..).

3.TOTAN - Lygon St, East Brunswick - This machine was the best one in Melbourne, prior to its current location now. Its flippers have been tweaked and the ball tends to bounce alot. The playfield leans to the left and I’ve had a couple of balls stuck (once behind the genie).

Can you be more specific about the location of these two machines?

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2011, 11:12:32 AM »

Can you be more specific about the location of these two machines?

The CFTBL is located opposite Zingara's - the Expresso coffee place (look out for the Italians having a smoko outside.
Great machine, though has become quite testy of late due to the operator making adjustments (ie - no more match!! & replay is quite excessive $296m). Neverless, some new challengers have stepped up and made some great scores.
I will endeavour to crack the 1billion mark, again.

As for the TOTAN @ the East Brunswick club, the operator sold it in exchange for a Junkyard!!!
There's a TOTAN & TOM down the road though.

SC.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 06:12:49 PM by Prince »
SC.