Author Topic: MY NEW BLACK KNIGHT 2000 HAS ARRIVED  (Read 498 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
MY NEW BLACK KNIGHT 2000 HAS ARRIVED
« on: January 26, 2010, 08:16:06 PM »
hi guys. my new Black Knight 2000 has arrived from Mark C. AND I AM VERY HAPPY !   $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$

( i have bought alot of stuff from mark, both many many parts plus various pinball machines and it is always a pleasure, so i have to say straight off the bat that doing business with Mark and his great staff/family makes this hobby such a breeze and really makes it extra fun cause all the hassle is taken out of it for me). THANKS MARK.  ^^^

I did a layby on Black Knight 2000 over a 6 or 8 week period and i recieved the machine just the other day. I gave it a quick clean, and tonight (starting in apx 15 minutes) Beaky (Andrew) and I are going to strip the playfield, replace all rubbers and lightbulbs etc and make the BK2000 shine like all hell.

Personally, I do not like the standard factory white rubbers, and after seeing Beakys machine rerubbered in new black rubbers, that looks so much better.Black rubbers it is. Now, this machine is a doozy. The inside of the cabinet, and under the playfield is like NEW. Unreal. The cabinet is excellent, just a tad faded. Playfield just BLOODY EXCELLENT. I AM AMAZED. ITS HAD LITTLE USE.  ^^^

GUESS WHAT. This machine was factory decalled, NOT painted. A BIG SURPRISE..    .. BUT, Andrews BK2000, which is a earlier model with the different plastics set (they made two versions) is in fact, a painted cabinet !  so, it seems WILLIAMS must have done two versions of the machine. This is very interesting.

I WILL TAKE PHOTOS OF THE MACHINE ONCE WE HAVE DONE THE COMPLETE CLEAN AND RERUBBER/RE GLOBE JOB.
Andrew and i did the GODZILLA machine in about 2 and a bit hours, so i will take some photos  of our speed job and share the magic red colours of this amazing machine.

IF u ever see a BLACK KNIGHT 2000 for sale, grab it. It really is a fun machine and so very unique. cheers.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 08:18:06 PM by caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline markc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
Re: MY NEW BLACK KNIGHT 2000 HAS ARRIVED
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 09:02:32 PM »

thanks mate

Offline braddo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 11:28:17 PM »
How much are these worth in good nick?? Cheers.
WTB (or possibly trade) - 1980 Stern ALI

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 11:29:02 PM »
congrats mate! Maybe mark can hook me up with a JP!!!  #@#

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 11:49:52 PM »
congrats mate! Maybe mark can hook me up with a JP!!!  #@#

have 3  drop me a line

mark

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 02:16:09 AM »
How much are these worth in good nick?? Cheers.

contact mark c for a price.
but u will need $2500 bare minimum. then u have to sort out delivery, then more if u want it shopped etc.

extremely hard to find a good one. a rare machine being 1989. not many for sale really. i was just real real lucky.  ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 02:34:10 AM »
Well here are a few pictures.
* the 1024 k max photo file size makes life real hard when posting, unless u r one of the chosen few (lucky moderators) who can post bigger pictures.

Beaky (andrew) and V8racefan (Leon) came over and over a few bourban & cokes, plus the beer, we shopped the machine in a 3 hour marathon with 3 x sets of hands going flat out. There is some crazing of the inserts because the machine has sat in the sun near a window i guess and its already 20 yrs old, but i will deal with that on the redecall and full resto job next.
The result is all new globes, rubbers and a shiny shiny game. The pictures i have posted dont do the shine justice cause of the flash.
Mark C sells a product called Mills Wax on his pinballspareparts.com website and the product works a treat.
I must admit, i thoroughly clean EVERYTHING with baby wipes, then i used the MILLS WAX i buy from mark.

I feel the combination of baby wipes followed by MILLS WAX leaves NOVUS for dead, but thats just my opinion.

WE FINALLY STARTING PLAYING A FEW GAMES AT AROUND 11.30 PM.

Leon (V8racefan) kicked Beakys (Andrew's) butt on the first game, with me coming a distant 3rd.
Leon has never played a BLACK KNIGHT 2000 ever, so he did real well beating Andrew who has played more games on a BK than I have had hot breakfasts.

WE wont discuss the next game, Andrew flogged us both BAD.
A good night, a GREAT PINBALL MACHINE. BLACK KNIGHT 2000 has the Best lightshow n music of any pin i have played so far. A real challenging game.
A killer lower playfield, a fun top playfield. Just a great fun game.

Thanks to Beaky and V8racefan for all ya help.  ^^^ ^^^

« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 02:37:23 AM by caveoftreasures »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 02:49:17 AM »
P.S-
i will post more pictures of BK2000 and of the recent GODZILLA restoration as well, when i get some time this next few days.  ^^^

« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 03:12:54 AM by caveoftreasures »

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 03:37:45 AM »
these pins look better with the black rubbers than the factory white thats for sure.
The interesting thing is mine (being an early production run) has a painted cabinet, yet brett's has a decaled cabinet.

Mine seems to have  come from france and had the german or french rom set, Brett's game from germany but had the english rom set.

Brett's bk2000 started its life in the usa as the sticker on the back and inside had 115 volts stamped on them but on the fuse / filter box it has 230 volts stamped on it. so my guess is after it was a year or 2 old it ended up in germany, where as mine would have been shipped to france NIB from the williams factory (mine has an international serial number but brett's has an American serial number)

it would be so great to be able to find out where these pins have spent there 20 years of existance but no one has entered their serial numbers into the data base so their past will always remain a mystery.

Mine has had a lot more use than Brett's and looks like it is 20 years old inside but Brett's is more faded than mine but only looks about 5 years old inside and has had little use.

both pins have their good and bad points but if you were to rate both of them out of 10 i recon their score would be very close.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 09:30:46 AM »
how will do attack the insert cracks? Has anyone tried to filling with the really runny super glue?
Nice looking machine, had a pumping soundtrack for its day.

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 10:45:56 AM »
Brett

Do some research on Mills Wax.

Despite the name, there's no wax in it, and general feeling is that it is bad news for playfields and plastics.

Offline johnwartjr

• Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 11:07:18 AM »
I don't think I agree that black rubber looks better than white on anything.. :)

I've pulled games out of containers that had US serial # stickers on them many times here in the states. I think it was not uncommon for a game to get changed to a different destination.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 11:18:45 AM »
Man that looks like a nice machine and its one machine I can't say I've played before! sounds like I'm missing out on a fun game/well done guys on a nice clean up..

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 11:30:29 AM »
Brett

Do some research on Mills Wax.

Despite the name, there's no wax in it, and general feeling is that it is bad news for playfields and plastics.

the back of the bottle says wonderful things, and it says it is designed specifically for pinball etc. i will reread the bottle and its contents/ingredients. but it works extremely well.  !@#   i will check it out more.

Offline el_timbo86

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
    • Hot Rodded Pins
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2010, 12:37:54 PM »
Damn that looks nice, its a game i'm really hanging to play.

el_timbo