Author Topic: Two Pinballs popping out at start of game - Funhouse  (Read 249 times)

Offline ROWAN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Two Pinballs popping out at start of game - Funhouse
« on: January 31, 2010, 03:30:35 PM »
Hi Everyone
Just wondering what could be the problem - and how to fix it. There are two balls popping out of the trough on start-up - I had the same problem with my IJ a few years ago and fixed it with repairs to the opto board but this doesn't appear to have the same setup underneath. If anyone could give me some ideas as to what to look for and how to fix that would be great.
Thanks in advance
Rowan

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
how many balls do you have in the machine?

If you have 1 too many this will happen, will shoot two out at once.
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline ROWAN

• Forum Posts:
Hi
Have 3 balls in the machine as is normal just started happening the other day when I turned on.
Cheers
Rowan

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Rowan,

I would suggest visually inspecting the trough switches from the underside of the playfield - to ensure no wiring has come loose / broken.

Secondly, I would remove the apron and test each trough switch in test mode (ie switch edge test) to ensure that each trough switch is registering.

Let us know how you go!   ^^^

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
Rowan,

I would suggest visually inspecting the trough switches from the underside of the playfield - to ensure no wiring has come loose / broken.

Secondly, I would remove the apron and test each trough switch in test mode (ie switch edge test) to ensure that each trough switch is registering.

Let us know how you go!   ^^^
What Marty said, if all switches register then use a ball in the trough to test.Using a finger will sometimes activate a switch to the point that the circumference of a ball wont. May be as simple as bending the switch actuator arm. Good luck.

Offline ROWAN

• Forum Posts:
Hi Guys
Thanks heaps got underneath ran my fingers over the switches checked etc and pushed finger down on all the mwtal wires up and down - must have just been caught/stuck  wire etc underneath , cranked it all up again and works fine.
Many Thanks guys really appreciate the help and so quick too well done!! #*#

Cheers
Rowan