Author Topic: Space Invaders  (Read 489 times)

Offline punter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
Space Invaders
« on: February 07, 2010, 07:02:35 PM »
Would like some info on this machine please.Do any members own one,what is the game play like.I have never played it before, so if any members have i would like your feedback.There is one on ebay at the moment and i am tempted to have a go if the feedback is positive.Also what do you think it would sell for.Thanks Tony.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Space Invaders
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 07:09:06 PM »
Id love to own one for the backglass alone.   Game play is ok but not great

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 07:18:49 PM »

Remember putting 40 cents to play this pin and I remember my local parlour getting it in for the first time ,man that back Glass memorized me .
If I can remember right it's not a bad game ,best shot is to play the pin before you buy (if you can )
Get so more detailed photos and post them .
You can always buy it ,play it and then move it on .
Cheers Tony   

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 07:20:39 PM »
I agree with Daniel, game play is not great but it is a great looking game.  Quite sort after so I rekon it will go for $1800.00
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 07:46:11 PM »
The backglass is great agree with that.Went to utube and had a look at it being played,looks a bit boring game play wise.I am on the lookout for another machine and i might have got a bit exited at first glance.I have never bought a machine before just for looks,as it has to be a good player and a keeper for me.Will just have to keep looking.Cheers.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 08:10:18 PM »

I've owned two. Artwork and the chaser lights in time with the "da da da da, da da da da" and then the space ship noise flying past is a great experience as you play the game. I LOVE the artwork. It is a decent player - but a bit slow. Nowhere near a Paragon but MUCH better than Future Spa / Stellar Wars.

I had to sell mine as the art spooked my wife  ^.^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 08:34:50 PM »

I've owned two. Artwork and the chaser lights in time with the "da da da da, da da da da" and then the space ship noise flying past is a great experience as you play the game. I LOVE the artwork. It is a decent player - but a bit slow. Nowhere near a Paragon but MUCH better than Future Spa / Stellar Wars.

Tell me about it , my wife hasn't stop nagging me to sell the AFM , the Aliens freaks her out . &^& ^&^

Offline yourdreamin

• Forum Posts:
  • barrack point
  • how much are your askin
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 09:36:46 PM »
hey tony one just sold on ebay not long ago for around $1200

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 09:45:58 PM »

Tell me about it , my wife hasn't stop nagging me to sell the AFM , the Aliens freaks her out . &^& ^&^

But what made me laugh was I replaced the space Invaders with a Medusa - Go figure !

No Space Invaders, Centaur or Devil's Dare until the kids grow up.

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 11:55:41 PM »

But what made me laugh was I replaced the space Invaders with a Medusa - Go figure !

No Space Invaders, Centaur or Devil's Dare until the kids grow up.

Happy wife is a happy life ,
I can't figure it either mate , I don't think anyone can figure it.
Wouldn't mind replacing the AFM with a BBB ,but I don't know how it would go down with the wife ?
Can anyone that own a BBB give me an inside of how this pin fit in with the wife.     

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 12:09:42 AM »
Can anyone that own a BBB give me an inside of how this pin fit in with the wife.    

Just need to take a look at my avatar - my mrs seems to enjoy both AFM and BBB!

Seriously, the she does give me a little bit off stick over the oohs and ahs of the tube dancer, but that's just one aspect of the game, overall she likes it.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 12:28:59 AM »
I am not being rude, but i am always suprised why some blokes let their wives make the decisions for them.  !@#
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 12:32:02 AM by caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 09:06:13 AM »
I am not being rude, but i am always suprised why some blokes let their wives make the decisions for them.  !@#

My house does not belong to me, it belongs to my family, so we make decisions together. Furniture, paint color or Pinball.

After the third night off my son (3 years old at the time), screaming in his bedroom that the "monster is going to get me" - pointing to the games room - that was enough.

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 09:13:19 AM »

Well Brett it's a bit like this , I started with pins in one room and I've added and added to the collection that they are now spilling (invaded) in to the lounge room and TV room ^.^ ,these pins have literally become part of our every day lives ,they are in our face 24/7 ,Visitors that come over can't believe it .  
As long as the wife's happy I may see my collection grow ,but there are 2 conditions attached .
One they must be in almost mint condition(hence all the NIB) (suites me fine)
2 the art work  must be visually neutral first thing in the morning when she walks pass them  half asleep . !@#  
They have become pieces of furniture ,best treated pinball around I reckon .
So I figure there's swings and round abouts in this expensive hobby of mine .
If I had a shed out the back it would be a different story .

Cheers Tony

Offline thefasteddy69

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Southern Highlands
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2010, 11:30:06 AM »
Yep I have a Spacies and I love it. It originally had a mylar on it and as it was bubbling & cracking so I peeled it off. Underneath it looks great almost new, just some minor wear around the 2 plastics posts at the mouth of the horseshoe. Where some wally never tightened them up so they rolled around when hit. But not too bad and just probably been picky and should be easily fixed.

Looks great and plays a lot faster but by no means as fast as a DMD etc. You can get the replacement plastics and 50 point caps and if lucky get some new SI bumper caps (ebay). This improves / freshens up the look of the whole machine

I love the art work and the thumping sound. But like the rest of the guys, my wife hates it for the exact same reasons. No big deal already looking at an Xenon or a Firepower instead. All good fun.