Author Topic: Space Invaders  (Read 510 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Space Invaders
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 07:12:10 PM »
I am not being rude, but i am always suprised why some blokes let their wives make the decisions for them.  !@#

Some of us enjoy that our families are part of the process and decision making. To each his/her own.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline SPURR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2010, 09:09:06 PM »
I am not being rude, but i am always suprised why some blokes let their wives make the decisions for them.  !@#
+1

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2010, 09:43:12 PM »
I am not being rude, but i am always suprised why some blokes let their wives make the decisions for them.  !@#

Marriage is a partnership, not a dictatorship (that cuts both ways).

How you work out that partnership is up to the couple.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2010, 09:53:19 PM »
I was only joking felllas. My wife is on my case morning noon and night. I also toe the line to keep her happy. What man doesnt.
I didnt mean to upset you guys.Apologies.

By the way, when u look at the artwork on SPACE INVADERS, you can clearly see, that some years later, the producers of the the ALIEN movies series definately copied the artwork. The ALIEN from the pinball machine is almost identical to the ALIEN in the movies. I wonder if anyone who did the artwork for the pinball machine got the shits years later when the artwork was nicked by the movie people and they didnt get a penny in royalties.  !@#
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 10:44:20 PM by caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2010, 11:08:25 PM »
I was only joking felllas. My wife is on my case morning noon and night. I also toe the line to keep her happy. What man doesnt.
I didnt mean to upset you guys.Apologies.

By the way, when u look at the artwork on SPACE INVADERS, you can clearly see, that some years later, the producers of the the ALIEN movies series definately copied the artwork. The ALIEN from the pinball machine is almost identical to the ALIEN in the movies. I wonder if anyone who did the artwork for the pinball machine got the shits years later when the artwork was nicked by the movie people and they didnt get a penny in royalties.  !@#

Other way around. The Space Invaders "Alien" was an unlicensed copy of the Film's Alien.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Duckman

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 12:35:27 AM »
Spot on Nino, H.R. Gigers work rocks. It is said he wasn't very happy about the rip-off when this pin came out.

As Quoted from the talented Mr. Giger

"Some stuff is a direct rip-off, some of it not so direct, but it's his mentality. It's all stuff that he did first. After the first Alien movie came out, the Bally Pinball Company made an Alien pinball machine without even asking him. When he tried to make an issue of it, they gave him two pinball machines."

Offline Duckman

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 12:38:27 AM »
I have always love the style of the Spacies so when i found one while on my U.S. trip i had to grab it.
Got new "50" caps, Bally door decal and headbox lock and she's looking good.