Author Topic: How good is a Saturday afternoon fixing and Saturday night playing pinball!  (Read 183 times)

Offline JD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
  • There's no law against having fun, just yet!
Another one of those great days when it rains, plans change and you get to fix all the pinball and arcade repair log backlog!
Out with the soldering iron, bulbs, bulb holders, capacitors and diodes and what must be one of the most relaxing pastimes available.

Simple stuff so need for stress or input from the gurus!

Test plays then..

After a great aussie BBQ dinner, plenty of games with the kids and family! ACDC and all the great 70's songs in the background!

Bit anoying when the bulb alonside the one you fix goes out!!! But what the heck!

How good is that!

J.D.
There is no law against having fun just yet (but I am sure they are busy are drafting one!)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
you are right JD, it can be fun and satisfying fixing machines when you get into the mood.
You get to stand back, admire your work then play some games. It all comes together well when you get into it.
Sometimes, i find a bourban in one hand, a few light bulbs in the other works a treat.

And there is nothing better than hearing the loud rain and the fresh smell of rain in the background, relaxing !  ^^^  ^^^  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline JD

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
you are right JD, it can be fun and satisfying fixing machines when you get into the mood.
You get to stand back, admire your work then play some games. It all comes together well when you get into it.
Sometimes, i find a bourban in one hand, a few light bulbs in the other works a treat.

And there is nothing better than hearing the loud rain and the fresh smell of rain in the background, relaxing !  ^^^  ^^^  ^^^

Yea Cavey, I left the Bourban to the imagination but agree!

J.D.
There is no law against having fun just yet (but I am sure they are busy are drafting one!)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Did a similar thing this afternoon - no rain or thunderstorms (for once this week) - But I had a couple in the garage while working on an EM rebuilding stepper units etc and listening to  Buckethead tunes in the background..

I find it relaxing at the end of a long week, and I'm already looking forward to a few hours tomorrow !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Did a similar thing yesterday arvo , But I got my priorities right first VALENTINES DAY (had to set the mood for the weekend  $^*)
Threw the kids into the car went down to the shops bought a few gifts,flowers etc etc .Came home and spent some relaxing time tinkering with my toys .
At about 9.30pm got the whole family(5) playing pin at the some time ,man it was like a war zone .
Fantastic feeling  #*# .

Offline JD

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW

Did a similar thing this afternoon - no rain or thunderstorms (for once this week) - But I had a couple in the garage while working on an EM rebuilding stepper units etc and listening to  Buckethead tunes in the background..

I find it relaxing at the end of a long week, and I'm already looking forward to a few hours tomorrow !

Yea great stuff!

One of my jobs was the 3,000 light on Sinbad and I was surprised how the earth (green wire) joins each bulb holder but when you look at it from the side you cannot see the solder just the green wire running along all the sockets. This is the first very minor repair I have done since aquisition. Tried to keep it looking like the work of art that it is!

J.D.

Offline JD

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
Did a similar thing yesterday arvo , But I got my priorities right first VALENTINES DAY (had to set the mood for the weekend  $^*)
Threw the kids into the car went down to the shops bought a few gifts,flowers etc etc .Came home and spent some relaxing time tinkering with my toys .
At about 9.30pm got the whole family(5) playing pin at the some time ,man it was like a war zone .
Fantastic feeling  #*# .

Yea there is something great about hearing all the machines working, great music in the background, kids and the wife having fun and I especially get a kick out of seeing an 11 year old kid playing 1978 -1979 classic machines too.

J.D.