Author Topic: Cactus Canyon Price Check  (Read 659 times)

Offline Ant68

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Cactus Canyon Price Check
« on: February 14, 2010, 07:55:45 AM »
Hi Guys ,found a collector that has Cactus Canyon possibly for sale if he gets a High-end price .
Don't know much detail yet ,but all I can say is that this bloke is the 2nd owner .
He bought it years ago NIB (never opened) then about 4 years ago he couldn't resists temptation and opened it .He put about 250 games on it   then packaged it away again in it's original box .
I threw the line out if he would ever sell it , Yes he said if he gets a silly price .
It 's packaged away but he would slide it out of the box to take some photos for me ,only  if I am  generous with my offer .
I need some opinions of pricing for this one please ,what would you think is a realistic price ?

Cheers Tony 

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: Cactus Canyon Price Check
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 08:37:46 AM »
Realistic price $12,500

Silly price $15,000

Even sillier price $20,000

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 09:19:51 AM »
Dont see the value on spending big $ on this title. Have you played it and if so did you enjoy it? I personally was disappointed and therefore wouldnt consider buying one unless I knew I could easily flip it again. Low production numbers definately have set the price on this pin, but thats my opinion.

Price check - have known people to spend 9 - 11k, although this one must be practically new.

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 09:27:49 AM »
Dont see the value on spending big $ on this title. Have you played it and if so did you enjoy it? I personally was disappointed and therefore wouldnt consider buying one unless I knew I could easily flip it again. Low production numbers definately have set the price on this pin, but thats my opinion.

Price check - have known people to spend 9 - 11k, although this one must be practically new.

I have played a bit of CC ,I am not 100% wrapped in the game , it would purely be a buy hold and sell venture  .
Do you pull it out of the box again and enjoy it or store it for a while and flick it ? 

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 10:30:35 AM »

It is no longer NIB - So there goes the silly $20K figure.

I'd agree with others - $12K which is WAAAAY overproced when stacked against other titles. I've never understood this machine - It is BORING. But this machine is practically new - so there would be the novelty of owning a Bally/Williams "A" list machine in this condition.

I'd rather own a CV, SS AND ToM for the same price
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline madness

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 04:31:34 PM »
12-14k,

2 dealers have them around the 15g mark so if you can grab it around 12-13g you should be set.
 Theres a lot of Cookie Cutter collecters out there :lol

Me included %.%

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 04:51:15 PM »
I have a friend who sold one recently for 12 grand. It was very very nice and redecalled with a new coin door, legs, leg bolts n feet etc etc.

But to be honest, 12 grand is a price that is neither too silly or too cheap. Would i buy one, YES, only for the SHOW OFF factor, but i would go to the USA and pick one up cheaper n send it back.

IF U PAY ANY MORE THAN 10 GRAND FOR THIS MACHINE, YOU WILL FIND IT HARD TO GET MORE THAN A 2 GRAND PROFIT IF U FIND SOMEONE RICH ENOUGH OR SILLY ENOUGTH TO PAY U THE 12 GRAND LATER. you are best to buy 4 or 5 machines for the 2000 or 2500 price and do them up n sell them for a profit if u are buying a machine/machines for a profit.

Cactus Canyon is eye candy but a bore to play. Sometimes showing off can be expensive. I feel u could do it better by buying more machines than just the most over-rated pin.  !@#

But Cactus Canyon is still nice to have. No argument there. Just silly money.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 05:17:40 PM »
you see these advertised around Oz for 12- 16 grand

I actually think its a nice/enjoyable game that i would like to own,
but not at those prices for that sort of money I would rather invest
in 3-4 other titles
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 07:36:46 PM »
Thanks for your input guys ,It's a bit of a hard one in the sense that it is in mint and original condition .(no re-decals etc etc ,never in a parlour )
I can't recall ever seeing  one for sale in this condition ?. !@#
Does one pay extra for being in the pristine condition ?
Would someone pay more for it then a re-decaled pin ? say $2000 more ?
I'm not really out there to make a quick buck ,but it nice to know that if push comes to shove I could sell it and not loose (as I will experience with all my NIB) 
Arrrr what to do ??????   !@#

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 09:33:25 PM »
whether it has been redecalled or not doesnt matter, because if its been done properly, u wouldnt be able to tell whether its orig and minty or been redecalled and minty.

99% of so called mint, home use only, only had 200 games etc etc, are really just machines that have been restored. the one owner story that comes along i reckon is a great sales pitch designed to just empty more money from your wallet from the seller.

i say check the machine over real well. offer less $. the market is a little slow after xmas.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 10:49:29 PM »
whether it has been redecalled or not doesnt matter, because if its been done properly, u wouldnt be able to tell whether its orig and minty or been redecalled and minty.

99% of so called mint, home use only, only had 200 games etc etc, are really just machines that have been restored. the one owner story that comes along i reckon is a great sales pitch designed to just empty more money from your wallet from the seller.

i say check the machine over real well. offer less $. the market is a little slow after xmas.

I respect your opinion Brett ,but I beg to differ.
IMO any original mint "decal" in my eyes would alway be more valuable  than a  redecal .
It's a bit like having an old GT with original paint job to one that has been repainted .
Some would buy it anyway and some would hang out to buy and original .
Havening said that my MB has been re-decaled and is an absolute gem .
But finding a MB with out decal ware around the legs is nearly impossible ,unless you have the very few that were screen printed before they switched to decals .

True what you say about the seller could be full of BS .
Any way when I get some photos I'll post .

Cheers Tony

Offline yeehah

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 10:01:22 PM »
I have one of these and love the game.  Unfortunately the price brings a bit too much expectation and therefor its gameplay gets criticised.  Although perhaps a little too easy, (arent they all after a while) i rate this one better than MB and right up there with MM.  As for the re-decal argument, Im sure these pins were decalled when built at the factory so therefor no different to original artwork.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 10:36:54 PM »
The gameplay to price ratio is obviously going to be difficult on a Cactus Canyon. If a Cactus Canyon sells for $12,000, is the gameplay three or four times as good as titles that sell for $4,000 or $3,000? I think not.

The value of Cactus Canyon has more to do with its rarity than its gameplay; having said that if it was a real boring title then rarity would certainly not guarantee a high price. There are rarer machines which command much lower prices.

Is it a good fun game? I think so; I have enjoyed it every time I have played one. Would I spend $12k for the gameplay? No way!

Offline madness

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 05:15:03 PM »
Would I spend $12k for the gameplay? No way!

If you look hard enough you might find one for about half that <.>

Offline madness

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 05:16:11 PM »
I have one of these and love the game.  Unfortunately the price brings a bit too much expectation and therefor its gameplay gets criticised.  Although perhaps a little too easy, (arent they all after a while) i rate this one better than MB and right up there with MM.  As for the re-decal argument, Im sure these pins were decalled when built at the factory so therefor no different to original artwork.

Great quote,

Well said ^^^