Author Topic: Twilight Zone restoration  (Read 2588 times)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Re: Twilight Zone restoration
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2009, 02:59:41 PM »

Thanks guys,

Rob, it is just done freehand, roughed out with tin snips or scissors then smoothed out by hand file then finished with 1200 grit wet and dry.

Offline Pajo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2009, 04:24:36 PM »
Great job, thanks for sharing all the info.  I'm interested in doing a TZ restoration myself.  What do you (or anyone else) think would be a reasonable price to pay for an un-restored but working TZ machine.  Also are there any things about a machine that would make it worth avoiding for a restoration job?

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2009, 07:01:54 PM »
Great job, thanks for sharing all the info.  I'm interested in doing a TZ restoration myself.  What do you (or anyone else) think would be a reasonable price to pay for an un-restored but working TZ machine.  Also are there any things about a machine that would make it worth avoiding for a restoration job?

Hi Pajo !

How about a quick intro thread ?

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?board=2.0

Also - might be worth starting up another thread with your questions - they might not be read in this thread.

^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2009, 03:50:27 PM »

There are heaps of parts on a TZ so I would not recommend it for your first restoration project, but if you are willing to have a go there are plenty of people around here willing to help you out with any info you need.
You may find a project TZ for around $3000.  Although I have seen them getting a little more expensive lately anywhere from $3500-$4000

Offline james12

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2009, 08:24:23 PM »
Very impressive.

TZ was my first strip down and restore job, so I know what's involved.  You've done a fantastic job.

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2009, 11:05:34 AM »
Thanks James  ^^^

Offline prowler

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2009, 10:29:10 AM »
Good effort, pf was in good condition from the start.

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2009, 03:00:48 PM »
Thanks mate, the PF is far from perfect, but was still in good condition and I picked up the game for a very good price.

Offline andnic

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2009, 01:28:35 PM »
Great work..makes it satisfying to play after all the effort

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2010, 02:58:00 AM »
KTM, just for interest, (and i know the machine is NOT for sale) but, just say for example that u did decide to sell it, what figure would u put on that beautiful TZ.

cash 6500 or 7000 or 7500.  !@#

It would be good to see what other members feel a fully restored Twilight is worth that has had the full professional stripdown and say new cabinet art added.
I feel 6500 to 7500 would be on the money. KTM, what do u think ?  !@#
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Chad

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2010, 06:51:57 AM »
Hey Cavey

i have a fully restored TZ with no playfield wear, the cabinet is in excellent condition with 2 very minor marks on it & no fade. It has to be one the best tz I have seen. If I was to sell it I would want close to $7000 for it. (BTW its not for for sale).

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2010, 11:39:34 AM »
KTM, just for interest, (and i know the machine is NOT for sale) but, just say for example that u did decide to sell it, what figure would u put on that beautiful TZ.

cash 6500 or 7000 or 7500.  !@#

It would be good to see what other members feel a fully restored Twilight is worth that has had the full professional stripdown and say new cabinet art added.
I feel 6500 to 7500 would be on the money. KTM, what do u think ?  !@#

Never really thought about it because I have no intrest in selling it.
The cab lets it down alot, a fair bit of fading and the usual scratches and touch ups, I havent worried about any of my cabs at the moment as they are all in a row and you cant see the side artwork anyway, I will prob do them one day when I get around to it.
So I would prob value the game at around $5000 restored, although they are getting a little harder to find. Even though WMS made 15000 of them collectors seem to be holding on to good examples of them and they don't seem to be coming up on the market as often and sellers are asking big $$$ for them